• 76 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (38897 posts) - - Show Bio

The Big Two have seriously been bringing their "A" game when it comes to their lead archers. With Jeff Lemire/Andrea Sorrentino taking over GREEN ARROW and Matt Fraction/David Aja bringing an all-new solo series for Clint, the two accurate characters have proudly stepped back into the spotlight. Sure, both have a totally different vibe and a completely unique and oh-so-fine look, but we're curious to see which book you're enjoying more. Have the nonstop laughs turned you into a Hawkbro? Or has this engrossing new take on Ollie quickly become one of your favorites? CLICK HERE VOTE!

Voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Check the homepage shortly after for a feature with the poll results. Commenting below will not count towards the poll. So, once again, click here if you'd like to vote! Oh, and if you're not reading either of these books, you should probably rectify that.

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. This is the part where he shamelessly plugs his Google+ and Twitter page in hopes of getting a new follower or two.

Staff Online
#1 Edited by Mucklefluga (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw yeah, this is gonna get people arguing :D

#2 Posted by TheImmortalBeaver (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy that "I can't pick" was a response, because I really can't. They're both fantastic comic books for their own reasons.

#3 Posted by KryptonSabbath (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I can't tell the difference between the two...

#4 Edited by feargalr (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

Good question

#6 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not just have the poll here? I've never understood why the polls get split into 2 threads.

#7 Edited by k4tzm4n (38897 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

Why not just have the poll here? I've never understood why the polls get split into 2 threads.

Because it's technically not possible... at least not yet.

Staff Online
#8 Edited by CrimsonSquire (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye! I don't remember Green Arrow ever adopting a Pizza-loving dog.

#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (11348 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye 4 life

#10 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap..... talk about Sophie's Choice.

#11 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Scarlet_Spider_Forever (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is a way better archer with a way better backstory and has better character features. So... Green Arrow. Let the Green Shafts fly!

#13 Posted by ptigrusmagus (486 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough to say until Green Arrow gets into the second arc. GA sucked until Lemire took over.

#14 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

I read both but if I was forced to choose Hawkeye is the better written of the 2.

#15 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, you are a monster for asking this question, lol

#16 Posted by IgiMancer (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Shado vs Hawkeye (kate bishop)

#18 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye.

#19 Posted by speedstermike (23 posts) - - Show Bio

GA

#20 Edited by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is the best!!!!

This "Green Arrow" is not Green Arrow, he's Arrow... a new character...

#21 Edited by sora_thekey (8158 posts) - - Show Bio

@crimsonsquire said:

Hawkeye! I don't remember Green Arrow ever adopting a Pizza-loving dog.

QFT

#22 Edited by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye

#23 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Out the current series: I peeped both, I like Fraction, yet neither

overall: Neither, they just don't interest me.

#24 Posted by blackkitty (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, as Hawkeye is just Marvel's version of Green Arrow, I guess I'd have to go with the original and pick Green Arrow in this.

#25 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently, i like Hawkeye's book better. But overall i prefer Green Arrow :)

#26 Posted by Professorreid (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkguy

#27 Edited by TommytheHitman (3054 posts) - - Show Bio

While I prefer Green Arrow's character over Hawkeye, Hawkeye has been SLIGHTLY better.

#28 Edited by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie

#29 Posted by adamcrouch (24 posts) - - Show Bio

i think hawkguy will win, but idk which i will choose

#30 Posted by Chaos Burn (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, as Hawkeye is just Marvel's version of Green Arrow, I guess I'd have to go with the original and pick Green Arrow in this.

From what i've read, whilst GA came out first, his personality was more based on Batman (rich guy, gadgets, even an Arrow-mobile etc). It was only when Hawkeye was created, with the unique twist (for back then) that he was more of a hotheaded rebel with a more complex hero personality, then GA became more like Hawkeye....

#31 Posted by SlickyMike88 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk eye !!!!

#32 Posted by thorwhore (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow!

#33 Posted by Waddly_Hobbins (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Hawkguy is the cool thing to love right now (don't get me wrong, i like it, too) and will probably win this poll, but I'm voting for Green Arrow. Hawkguy, while fun, is a little too hipster to be my fave. I prefer the dark/noirish Green Arrow Lemire has been bringing us. That and OH MY GOD, Andrea Sorrentino's art is flat out amazing. I've never been one to buy variants before...but I've picked up every single black and white variant of Sorrentino's Green Arrow covers thus far.

#34 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-reboot I woulda said Green Arrow, but since the reboot and the Hawkeye solo(ish) book, I'm going with Clint.

#35 Edited by JakeN7 (11527 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n Hey, I asked you this in your AMA thread. Awesome that it's the question of the week! :D If I recall, your response was Hawkguy but barely. I'm reading both, and I'd have to give the nod to Hawkguy as well, but I'd probably have a bigger margin of preference. I'm excited to see what the community thinks though.

#36 Posted by GothamRed (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye, he is made of pure awesome after all.

#37 Posted by Mandrewgora (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye, but Green Arrow is great.

#38 Posted by molotovzav (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't read either book too far into it, something about a badass normal with a bow is meh to me, I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate their characters over a lot of costumed freaks, but idk something about trick bows and a whole super hero who gets people with nothing but bows never appealed to me, funny thing is I do archery in real life, maybe that's why, if I knew martial arts, I'd probably be disinterested in Batman or something but instead I'm a bat-addict. From what I've read though I'm going to say Green Arrow because I was digging the direction they went with him, but I think I have to admit that Hawkeye has better writers. I'm still biased toward Green Arrow though cause the Queen Enterprises subplot is typically interesting enough. ( I like business, politics, and econ what can I say)

#39 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye, simply because it has been consistently good.

#40 Posted by detective38 (175 posts) - - Show Bio

If the choice was pre new 52 GA then he would most definitely get the nod but ever since the reset he has been one of the most poorly handled characters and the current run sucks too (yeah thats right I said it) but on the other hand I hate hawkeye with a burning passion so neither gets my vote

#41 Posted by Howard_Go (43 posts) - - Show Bio

HAWK-GUY forever and always but seriously where's the choice for pizza dog?

#42 Posted by kid Apollo (712 posts) - - Show Bio

both are awesome but ive gota give it to the Hawk!

#43 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably hawk eye

#44 Posted by Cavemold (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is the easy choice here.Green Arrow HAS WAY too much dialogue.

#45 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: You sir, have no idea what you are talking about.

#46 Posted by dreamfall31 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Never been much interested in Green Arrow as a character but I plan on reading the trades from the new creative team. So my vote is Hawkeye since I love the current comic and the movie version!

#47 Posted by jaybefre (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye

#48 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta go with Clint on this one.

#49 Edited by Grey56 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Wife reads GA. That said - I've always thought Ollie had more depth to him as a person/character than Clint. Like him or not, agree with him or not - Ollie really isn't someone to have a middle of the road opinion over. That's more dynamic than what can be said for Clint.

#50 Posted by Hit_Monkey (881 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't I have both?