Comic Book Question of the Week: Favorite Event in 2013

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

2014 is just about here, so we thought now would be the perfect time to reflect on this year's most epic events in comics. The Big Two both hit us with quite a few massive stories, but there was also plenty to enjoy with key characters and a couple other publishers, too. We've filled the poll with 13 memorable stories (plus an "other" option) from 2013 and now it's up to you to select your favorite one. After you vote, go ahead and tell us why the storyline earned your love and support. Voting is open for two days, so you have plenty of time to think it through before making your pick.

CLICK HERE TO TELEPORT TO THE POLL AND VOTE!!!

Will one of these big events earn your vote or did another win you over?
Will one of these big events earn your vote or did another win you over?

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. What exactly is it about the plot that made you appreciate it so much? If your post is awesome enough and about the poll's winning option, we just may highlight it in the updated feature. Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

In the meantime, hope you all have a happy New Year, Viners!

Mapacherise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

TMNT City Fall, I love Snyder's run but that Dark Leo got me to pick up TMNT and I have yet to regret it.

BillyFamine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm surprised DC's Villains Month was even nominated. Sure, there was good issues I definitely loved (Darkseid, Count Vertigo) but most of it was sooooooooooo not good. I remember dreading that month.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool good bad and ugly. I haven't read a bunch of these though. I am not an event guy

BillyFamine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool good bad and ugly. I haven't read a bunch of these though. I am not an event guy

Events are tricky. You never know which tie-ins are mandatory, which ones just suck, etc. It's always such a gamble.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Villian Month!!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billyfamine: even then. Some guy has a bunch of these events on YouTube but I still never get around to reading them.

Israel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever evil!

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I'm loving Forever Evil... City Fall was perfect..

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Was Throne of Atlantis during 2013?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@jake_fury: technically it started on 2012 December but other than that, the rest was on 2013

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Green Lantern: Wrath of the First Lantern dominated 2013 for me.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember if Throne of Atlantis was last year or not, but that was pretty much the only event I've liked in a long time.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Trinity War but Battle of the Atom was a close second for me. Infinity is up there.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frogjitsu

Since when do story arcs count as Events? I did not expect Deadpool to be up there. But I voted for it, because it was well paced, showed that Deadpool isn't all shits and giggles. Shit. Got. Real.

I mostly stayed clear of events this year though.

AoU was lackluster. It should have been called Invisbile Woman & Wolverine: Road Trip Trough Time, and been the comedy event of the year, but nope, it wasn't. The best part was that we got Avengers A.I. out of it.

Battle of the Atom was enjoyable but meandered. And pretty much nothing of note came out of it, except Kitty joining the dark side. Funniest part? Xavier Jr. getting put in the chair. Why? I guess if your name is Xavier, you have a genetic predisposition to loosing your ability to walk. Best part? Illyana and Handle Bar Colossus (R.I.P.)

Zero Year was ok, but I haven't finished it all yet. Unfortunately I haven't caught back up with TMNT since my hiatus from comics earlier this year, late last year. Oh well, I'll get to it eventually.