• 54 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (34941 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to a brand new Comic Vine weekly segment! Every Tuesday we'll pose a question and provide a poll with various options (some serious, some lighthearted). Voting will remain open until Thursday morning and then later in that day I'll post an update with the results determined by the community.

The weekly question will always be topical -- connecting to a real life event or something big currently taking place in the panels. This week, I thought it would be fun to connect the first question to Presidents' Day (it's a little holiday we have over here in the United States). We've provided you with 10 characters... and one of them will rule your country. Who gets the power, though, is ultimately up to you. Do you think Captain America's confidence and strong sense of morality would be best? Would you rather have Darkseid rule with an iron fist? Or, could Tony Stark make huge improvements to your nation with a focus on clean energy? Click the link below and vote!

Who would you want to lead your country?

Also, who would you want as second-in-command?

Remember, voting is only open until Thursday morning!

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine & IGN Entertainment. Chat with him on Twitter and feel free to suggest new questions and poll options every week!

#1 Posted by Jslab425 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

AQUAMAN. With Mera or his brother Orm as 2nd in command.

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman = President

Captain America = Vice President

Perfect combo.

#3 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is the only guy I'd even consider voting for in real life if he were real. Not a big fan of politicians.

#4 Posted by darkrider (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor president

let the destruction begin

#5 Posted by devourerofworlds (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer, he sees things as they are without the clouded judgement of emotion and has the best morals. Also with Galactus as head of Planetary security...

#6 Edited by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a great quote I heard that I'll butcher with my paraphrasing

"The president needs to go into office knowing that by the end of his term, he will have killed someone"

Superman and Batman would thus be terrible in that respect. Captain America would be a better choice as a result, since he is a soldier. Time has proven anyone pro-registration in Marvel are bad choices.

My vote would go to Wonder Woman. A soldier who knows about the realities of war while still feeling boundless compassion for all people. That would be my best bet.

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35151 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there is any Scottish characters that would be a good choice for First Minister

#8 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom...there isn't any other choice! Bwa Ha Ha!

#9 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@CircularLogic said:

There's a great quote I heard that I'll butcher with my paraphrasing

"The president needs to go into office knowing that by the end of his term, he will have killed someone"

Superman and Batman would thus be terrible in that respect. Captain America would be a better choice as a result, since he is a soldier. Time has proven anyone pro-registration in Marvel are bad choices.

My vote would go to Wonder Woman. A soldier who knows about the realities of war while still feeling boundless compassion for all people. That would be my best bet.

Yeah Machiavelli's "The Prince" deals with that. Basically saying no man can come to power and stay there without committing horrible atrocities. In that regard Supes and Bats wouldn't work, nor would Cap. Tony might kill someone if it was necessary. I think WW is a great choice though.

#10 Posted by judasnixon (7232 posts) - - Show Bio

The First Female U.S. President......

Kitty Pryde
#11 Posted by Saranth (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther'd be my president. He has experience of government, the respect of the international community and you'd have the bonus of access to Wakandan knowledge and technology.

My VP'd probably be John Stewart; though he has a strong moral compass, the recent issues of Johns' Green Lantern has shown that he is not afraid to do what is necessary to get the job done. He'd be a responsible, likeable and well-spoken VP.

#12 Posted by leandrodosanjos (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I'M FROM BRASIL... WE HAVE A FEMALE PRESIDENT... THE PERFECT WOMAN FOR THE JOB IS BEATRIZ DACOSTA, FIRE... AMARA AQUILA, MAGMA AS THE VICE PRESIDENT...

#13 Posted by TommytheHitman (3487 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I would have to choose Batman as President and Superman as second in command.

#14 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Here's your Scottish superhero for ya Laddy!

At least I have several choices for the next Prime Minister of Canada!

#15 Posted by IronAngelX (202 posts) - - Show Bio

President - Bruce Wayne

Vice President - Clark Kent

These guys get things done, and I doubt they'd waste time on stupid stuff. Bruce has that Public Appeal but with his Batman mind, it would be a perfect fit. Clark would be a great vice President because he'd prove to be Bruce's conscience. They couldn't be President Batman and Vice President Superman, otherwise that would be the only reason people support them. But having a business man as President would prove a good trust and Clark, well, find a reason for him to get in there. But if there efforts are going to mean anything, then, they have to respect America enough to let them vote for them due to their beliefs and ideals, not their persona's.

#16 Edited by ssj2DeadPool (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster gold for president and skeets as vp. Ftw

www.comicvine.com/skeets/29-13107/all-images/108-218966/michael_skeets_1/105-1907161/

#17 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

During the campaign run: Iron Man for President & Storm for Vice President (invaluable during the campaign due to always sh*tty weather over the oppositions campaign trail, and Iron Man always looked great with the sun perpetually shining on him).

However, Iron Man accidentally impregnated Storm at some point during the campaign, so she was immediately removed from the race and Magneto replaced her.

After election day:

President: Iron Man

Vice President: Magneto (however Magneto was pulling all the strings because he could control Iron Man's every move)

#18 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I already put my vote in, but Superman could be President and Clark Kent could be Vice President. He fooled Lois for so long, he could manage to do the same thing to the American public for 4 years. And then come out after the term in shame like Arnold.

#19 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

SHADOWHAWK

Hundreds of voices telling you to kill things!!!

#20 Edited by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

PSYLOCKE!!!! She is still technically English! Wow that would be so awesome.

But since this is america I guess I'll vote for Storm

#21 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. Maybe with Tony Stark as Vice President.

Cap was an average guy and now has great power, so he knows what to do with it and how it feels to be powerless. He was alive during the 40s and has been alive to see things most of us had not, and he could compare and contrast then and now. Plus he was born in America so he is an American citizen. And he has political views that seem very liberal.

#22 Posted by TheCasketFiller (58 posts) - - Show Bio

1st choice. storm

2nd choice. cyclops

im surprised cyclops hasn't been picked more often

#23 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

The First Female U.S. President......
Kitty Pryde

I SECOND THAT

#24 Posted by maddpanda (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine for President because...well...does being angry and in too many titles count as qualifications?

#25 Posted by Mia26 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Superman but Alexander Luthor was my second choice Lex Luthor for President.

#26 Posted by Kiddevil (7477 posts) - - Show Bio

President: Batman

Vice president: Tony Stark

#27 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jslab425 said:

AQUAMAN. With Mera or his brother Orm as 2nd in command.

^ This is probably the most predictable answer I would've voted on, but Captain America would be the most reasonable and so I've decided to vote for The Cap. He's the most strong-hearted, possessing the greatest willpower and loyalty to the country than any other super-human being up on the poll. My hand goes out to 'The Man Without a Country", "The Sentinel of Liberty", the "Star-Spangled Avenger" himself, Captain America.

Nice idea on this segment "Question of the Week"

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (34941 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckuakini: Thank you!
#29 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozymondias or mr terrific but my all time favorite will always be Lex Luthor for President: tomorrows america, no need for red capes!

#30 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope you keep this segment. It is pretty cool

#31 Posted by eldestrisk (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor definitely.

#32 Posted by t84nightfall (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang-it, I wanted Batman.... I mis-clicked and got Superman!!!! :(

#33 Posted by mightypug78 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

president: charles xavier

vice president: steve rogers aka captain america

#34 Posted by kid Apollo (721 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard the Duck

#35 Posted by MSchiwal (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Susan Storm - President
Steve Rogers- VP

#36 Posted by DonFelipe (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

The Will & Lying Cat - no more lies!

#37 Posted by Mister_Sensational (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark - President

Luke Cage - Vice President

Total Presidential odd couple, Cage represents the 99%, Stark the 1% however Stark is one of the few of the 1% who is for the 99% plus he already has the political acumen required to hold the office of President with his time as Secretary of Defense and Head of S.H.I.E.I.D and could teach Cage the clever game of politics.

#38 Posted by justforthecomments (40 posts) - - Show Bio

President:  Captain America 
VP:  Tony. 

xD

#39 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

I went with Wonder Woman as President. She's tough, smart, and compassionate. All the attributes I want to see in a great leader.

For VP: Batman

Just to name a few Cabinet Positions:

Secretary of Defense: Hal Jordan

Secretary of Agriculture: Superman

Secretary of Energy: Reed Richards or Henry Pym

Secretary of Education: Michael Holt

#40 Posted by dtschemmel (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed Richards

Bruce Banner

#41 Posted by powerhouse1122 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Mr. Fantastic would be nice for a president, I just dont have a VP in mind hehe

#42 Posted by skyjumpermike (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Darla Deering

#43 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zeeguy91 said:

I went with Wonder Woman as President. She's tough, smart, and compassionate. All the attributes I want to see in a great leader.

For VP: Batman

Just to name a few Cabinet Positions:

Secretary of Defense: Hal Jordan

Secretary of Agriculture: Superman

Secretary of Energy: Reed Richards or Henry Pym

Secretary of Education: Michael Holt

I like this plan.

#44 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU FORGOT PREZ! D:

#45 Posted by harpoyle (1 posts) - - Show Bio

amanda waller

#46 Posted by Mezmero (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool for President. Moon Knight for Vice President. The cabinet consists of Marc Spector, Steven Grant, Jake Lockley, Khonshu, and Midnight. The cabinet are all finger puppets. Can't be any worse than it is now. Oh and She-Hulk for Speaker of the House.

#47 Posted by King_Anti_Monitor (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack Marlowe for President

#48 Posted by nappystr8 (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

The only right choice is not listed...Black Panther! The guy already runs a country and it's one of the most stable and wealthy countries on the planer (AvX don't count). I would not want any other superhero in high office, not even Captain America. They need to stick to what they do best, punch bad guys.

#49 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@harpoyle said:

amanda waller

Yikes...

#50 Posted by Trodorne (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
Eugene Judd for Prime Minister, Eh?!.

Slogan for Red Hulk: Real Change.