#1 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else hate how when 2 people fight someone always has to nitpick the smallest thing to say X beat Y by cheap shot,Y wasn't really trying,X sucker punched Y,X ambushed Y,or anything else to say it was a stalemate.Here is an example between Daredevil and Punisher's first fight. Wrong. Punisher did not kick DD's ass. In the first encounter, they were stalemated. Daredevil then went to try and bring Punisher in to the police when Punisher shot him with a trank. Daredevil started to recover while Punisher beat up a kid. Punisher then ran away. In the next issue, Daredevil returned the favor and shot Punisher. Only he did it with real bullets. Wrong...punisher shot DD's billyclub in mid air and then DD went to apprehend frank and he shot him...you call that a STALEMATE; what the hell comic were you reading...dd couldn't even save that stupid junky...and in the second meeting dd knew he wouldn't get killed by frank (if frank wanted him dead he would have been by now)...so dd took frank out with a cheap shot...some hero... Obviously you didnt read the comic at all. BEFORE Punisher shot DD's billyclub in mid air, there was a very breif fight. DD threw the billy club at Pun and hit him. Then DD kicked Pun in the face. Punisher then kicked DD in the back and threw Dd off of him. THEN Daredevil threw the club again and thats when Pun shot it. After that the fight was over. It WAS a stalemate. Punisher was saying that he wants to ally up with Daredevil. DD stated that because Punisher kills people that couldnt happen, so he has to take him in. Then Pun hit him then shot him with a tranq. And again youre wrong because Daredevil DID save the junky. read the whole comic again. In the second meeting, Daredevil knew Punisher wouldnt kill him, but he stated that he was still gonna take him in. Like the first time, Punisher wasnt hearing it. Thats when Dd grabbed a gun. It wasnt a cheap sot, because Punisher saw it and DARED Daredevil to shoot him. If you call that a cheap shot, then when Punisher shot DD it was a cheap shot as well. Re-read the comics. WHo are you to say i didn't read it at all...look people see what they want...that first fight was no stalemate...dd got two cheap shots in and the rest was all downhill...Frank won...he had the advantage...frank could have easily killed dd...look i don't have to explain it...you put the scans up and people can decide for themselves

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30630 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I get the feeling that you got beat in a debate, and now you're upset?

Nitpicking is important. There, done.

#3 Posted by TairuSzoola (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I understand what you may be getting at. If you are talking for the fact of people trying to use a characters power or strategical win a way that the character would not of done or most likely can not do but just make sure they win. Even if cheap shot though, a win is a win. Although if they are going out of their way to stretch something that a character has then it will get annoying.

#4 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

It depends on what your nitpicking, some people like to make a mountain out of air

#5 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I try to avoid these debates. As far as I'm concerned it all comes down to who do you want to win. I can argue all I want how I think Batman can take anyone down, with or without prep time, but it really comes down to how much I want Batman to win. Now if it's Batman vs. Gambit my head will explode from wanting them both to win.

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

being mad about nitpicking and making a topic nitpicking and telling everyone how mad at nitpicking you are. coooool

#7 Posted by TairuSzoola (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er said:

I try to avoid these debates. As far as I'm concerned it all comes down to who do you want to win. I can argue all I want how I think Batman can take anyone down, with or without prep time, but it really comes down to how much I want Batman to win. Now if it's Batman vs. Gambit my head will explode from wanting them both to win.

See I agree with you, any fan of a series could go forever on why they think their favorite character to win. It just depends how much they care for the character and really fans will try as hard as they can to go all out on ways a character can win, even if it means it never happened before but using things they have access to and making some sort of way to prevail. lol

#8 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

It comes down to quantification and consistent feats actually, popularity factor is the bane of a good battle

#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20254 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

/thread

"Be water my friend"

#10 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

At the end of the day... It's a comic and anyone can win.

#11 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

The funny thing here is, your doing exactly what you said you hate. LMAO!! Ahh humans, your contradictory amuses me.

#12 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

The funny thing here is, your doing exactly what you said you hate. LMAO!! Ahh humans, your contradictory amuses me.

This, and all fights are ultimately the same but I don't get butthurt about it

Anyway, all fight arguments follow the same formula but I don't get butthurt about it.

1. OP: Hey X fights Y who wins?
  2. X wins curbstomp
  3. What do you mean? Y has way more feats
  4. No no, you should read "title" because it proves that X can do this
  5. Dosen't matter with prep Y should be able to take this with ease

Which pretty much continues endlessly till the thread 404s

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Goku_Vs_Superman#REAAADDYYY...FITE.21.21

#13 Edited by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

It comes down to quantification and consistent feats actually, popularity factor is the bane of a good battle

Yet at the same time, popularity factor is what is required to make a battle interesting.

If we didn't know who the hell John Wayne was, or who Clint Eastwood is. We wouldn't CARE how good they are in statistics, we'd just think two old guys fighting with guns is boring.

#14 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought you meant fights in actual comics not fights on this forum

#15 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn:

Too subjective, battles should be fun and objective. Get feats be neutral to decide which one wins, introduce less famous ones rather than repeating the same battles over and over again.

When battles are done make a tally or a count system

#16 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the topic poster certainly couldn't have made that any more difficult to read.

I don't like seeing two superheroes fight each other in crossover series. Both of their reputations have to be protected so they always have a stalemate whilst saying some lame line like "Well, we should work together for now while we fight the badguys.... meeeeuhh."

#17 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man:

Sounds like you're more interested in the argument than the comics, we differ there.

#18 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn:

I am more interested in the argument/debate about the comics itself

#19 Posted by YoungJustice (6845 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow who got you. Erik....maybe Floopay.

#20 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not mad since i just started but why can't people just accept it when their character gets defeated by making excuses?

#21 Posted by Knight_Justice (77 posts) - - Show Bio

It all depends. But we have to be realistic, I love Batman, he's my favorite DC Superhero. But in my personal opinion in a match against Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman or Aquaman with or no prep he has no chances. REMEMBER writers and editors always do some kind of bull crap to allow certain character to win.