This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

out of all fanbases comic book fans are the mos disrespectful and vile.

Do you find it ironic that comic book/superhero fans are the most disrespectful and mean to others who mean know harm?

I mean their favourite heroes have positive morals. Yet comic book fans act like they are villains with their insults, attacks and disrespecting others all for a fictional character.

comic book fans wouldn't know what fun means even if it slammed them on the head. Even batman fans are the most selfish and rude people that i have ever met.

we need peace and unity.

#2 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8686 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: So, you're not a comic book fan?

Seriously, that's a pretty broad generalization. Most comic book fans are not the way you described them. It's just the fanboys are the loudest, so naturally, they're the ones that create the stereotypes.

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

You haven't played online multiplayer games, have you?

#4 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

The Internet magnifies jerkiness. Youtube comments, for instance. Now make like a tree and get outta here.

#5 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

out of all fanbases comic book fans are the mos disrespectful and vile.

Do you find it ironic that comic book/superhero fans are the most disrespectful and mean to others who mean know harm?

I mean their favourite heroes have positive morals. Yet comic book fans act like they are villains with their insults, attacks and disrespecting others all for a fictional character.

comic book fans wouldn't know what fun means even if it slammed them on the head. Even batman fans are the most selfish and rude people that i have ever met.

we need peace and unity.

I'm sorry THORSON but isn't this a comic website?

And isn't Thor a comic character, granted based on Norse myths, but still?

And isn't your Avatar Thor from the MARVEL FILM/COMIC COMPANY?!?!

So you hate comic-book readers so you made an account on a comic website named after a famous comic character with his avatar, post over a thousand times, just to claim were vile people?

Now don't get me started on the hypocrisy of you calling us VILE because we insult people...

Now get off Comicvine!

#7 Posted by Iron_Turtle (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Go forth and procreate.

#8 Posted by crash_ (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Go forth and procreate.

Is that the fancy term for ** **** ********!

#9 Posted by Iron_Turtle (582 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6709 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: You are at this moment everything you just complained about.

#11 Posted by impossibilly (893 posts) - - Show Bio

DFTT

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (34930 posts) - - Show Bio

And peace and unity can be obtained by calling an entire group of people "vile and disrespectful."

That's a great olive branch.

Staff
#13 Posted by Cyclonus_The_Warrior (230 posts) - - Show Bio

If you spoke to about 100 people you would get dozens of who are the worst fans. But no matter what, it's wrong for anyone to group a bunch of people together with rabid fans who don't know how to act. Just sit back, chill, be yourself, and try to ignore those with disruptive behavior.

But personally, comic fans seem to be the ones I get along with most. Fan boys and all.

#14 Posted by HumanRocket (9354 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Wolverine08 (45598 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22973 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by BlackWind (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the internet, you must be new.

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic fans do kinda suck on the whole. It's just different kinds of suck. Some are racist/homophobic/sexist (more than a few on this site), some are whiny and entitled, some think that cape comics are the only kind that count. The list goes on.

But then, every individual has a kind of suck attached to them that they must overcome.

#19 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Jayso4201 (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Resisting the urge to be sarcastic!

#21 Posted by Bezza (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a few rude people on this website but generally its a lot better than other forums I could direct you to, such as the EVO car magazine site, where a lot of people really are vile!! Generally however it is true that the internet brings the worst out of people. Not all people, just the argumentative types you meet in all walks of like...

#22 Posted by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

And peace and unity can be obtained by calling an entire group of people "vile and disrespectful."

That's a great olive branch.

#23 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: You Haven't gone to a comicbook convention now

Have you?

-ABstract4$$#073-

#24 Edited by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

is troll

#25 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20257 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Lvenger (21219 posts) - - Show Bio

I could make a snarky comment about how Thor fanboys fit what you've just said to a tee but I think I'll spare myself the trouble...

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24728 posts) - - Show Bio

Disrespectful is only a problem for people who have earned some respect.

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, why not call a group of "vile"and "disrespectful" people vile and disrespectful.

That'll gain you unity and tranquility all right.

#29 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson:

You can't just lump large groups of people together like that. The only thing we've established is that you're vile and disrespectful.

#30 Edited by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: This is a silly thing to post

Why?

• You want a Bad reaction
  • Its a broad generalization
  • You write this as if your superior to everyone
  • you want peace and unity but..... Dude its the internet