Posted by G-Man (18881 posts) - - Show Bio
Please use a flash or html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Edited by micah (2609 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Superman did take on Joker once. Didn't work out so great for the Clown Prince of Crime.

#2 Posted by fullmetaladam (54 posts) - - Show Bio

After seeing the video I have 1 question... Is there A Mrs G-man and if so did she see him dance before they got married?

#3 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5489 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah: also in Man of Steel mini in '86.....or theirabouts...maybe it was Action Comics....

@G-Man: this is the main reason I enjoyed the Mark Shaw Manhunter series way back when...he took on other heroes villains......usually with prep and by surprise when they were "weakest", but still.....

#4 Edited by WheatStalker (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be a legal issue. The superhuman law offices of Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg, & Holliway likely have hero/villain contracts dating back to the Golden Age, in the form of original print issues. :)

#5 Posted by nappystr8 (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Tony gave a well thought out explanation here. One thing I would add is that one of the big things that distinguishes heroes from villains is character flaws, so a lot of times there is an ego involved that consciously or sub-consciously seems to make the villain seek out situations where they must face off against their "arch-nemesis". I think that could be a reason why you see a lot of your low-level bank robbing types like Shocker, Rhino, and Captain Boomerang move around the Marvel U more than people like Green Goblin or Magneto.

Also, great example of an equal opportunity villain who has fought just about everybody, Count Nefaria.

#6 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (653 posts) - - Show Bio

What it comes down to me is grudges. GG has a grudge against Spider-Man, for example, and Spidey always feels obligated to take him down. Same with X-Men and Magneto.

Also, @g_man: never got to say this, but you're so cool, dude!

#7 Posted by G-Man (18881 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

I think when it comes to DC in particular, all of those characters in isolation from each other so the villains are solely developed for that hero; Batman and Superman villains ever crossed over nor did they crossed over until much later. A shared universe didn't exist there. Marvel was more a shared universe but even characters didn't face off from each other. Green Goblin ever faced The Fantastic Four.

#9 Posted by kilon (124 posts) - - Show Bio

what the heck is this question hello this happens all the time. etc

1. daredevil vs electro,kingpin,tombstone, enforcers and many others( all spider-man foes)

2. dr doom vs the marvel universe

3. brainiac,doomsday and lex luther( superman villians) vs justice league

#10 Posted by Danial79 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight has battled Hobgoblin and Dr Doom before, does that count? :)