gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

How about characters that are too "popular", by which I mean characters that are over-promoted.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I am getting so sick of the playstation commercial.

I always loved Superior Spiderman

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

The same thing should also apply to when the make comic book movies, they make some changes and people don't originally like it but they get use to it in the end. I still hate Jean-Paul Valley thou.

jjayduarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By jjayduarte

I enjoy these changes for characters. They keep everything fresh.

BTW

I really love watching these videos each week. Wish they came out more often.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lifeofvibe
lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa you did it in exactly two minutes

Avatar image for alwaysthebigspoon
AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlwaysTheBigSpoon

Always welcome to change. I cannot remember a time when I've hated a change when it came to comics.

There are also some changes that are for the worse, i.e. some writers put on some books and have overstayed their welcome.

No change, everything becomes stagnant and stale, which then becomes boring and comes to the "same old, same old." No change, no drama. If there's change, there's more stories to come out of it. Just don't change things too frequently.

However, I (sometimes) do not like change without an explanation. For example, why is Nightwing red now? I like the costume, don't get me wrong, the blue is still my favourite but why is it red? Even if it's just an aesthetic design, I'm okay with that reason. (Apparently it was because it was a more striking colour and it matches the "uniform" of the Bat kids.)

There are also time when an explanation is not needed just to tell a story that the writer wants to tell. I am sometimes okay with that. For example, SPOILERS for All-New X-Men #23, I haven't been caught up with X-Men lore but apparently Corsair was suppose to be dead but is alive in this issue. I'm okay with that.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

How about why popular titles that go through drastic line-up changes and disappearing. Like in Thunderbolts when they got rid of guys like Songbird, MACH V, Boomerang ect and replaced them with Red Hulk, Punisher and Deadpool. Songbird in particular was pretty popular and she's just seemed to vanish save for a few flashbacks

ohrenclez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

had the same discussion a with a friend a few days ago...people always complain about the big changes, but in a few years these will be the most memorable stories

People should just wait and see what happens...just like in real life things don't always stay the same, and it would be boring if they would

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope they touch on why the adamantium has yet to kill logan.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm ok with change. It keeps everything fresh and exciting. It was shocking when Bane broke Batman's back. I remember people I knew throwing a fit about it, and I knew people who really liked it. I was one of the ones who liked it. Now looking back Knightfall is one of the best stories Batman has. Now, I said one of the best so no need to start saying this one or that one is better. I'm also a big DC fan. So when the big change came I embraced it. The New 52 has been exciting for me. Now I know everything hasn't been good but I think the majority of it has been excellent.

And awesome Robot Chicken reference! Loved that episode!

Xanthos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine: Do you want to know how I got these scars?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimsonlord53: It already happened back in WOLVERINE #7. Beast came up with a drug. He's smart.

No Caption Provided

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being patient for Superior to come to a end became a draggggggggg once Scarlet lost its ongoing.

honestly take Pete away from me then Kaine....low blow marvel low blow

TerryMcGinnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think Terry Mcginnis could survive without Bruce?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck
VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VoodooPenguin

@xanthos said:

Wolverine: Do you want to know how I got these scars?

hehehe

I'm ok with change. It keeps everything fresh and exciting. It was shocking when Bane broke Batman's back. I remember people I knew throwing a fit about it, and I knew people who really liked it. I was one of the ones who liked it. Now looking back Knightfall is one of the best stories Batman has. Now, I said one of the best so no need to start saying this one or that one is better. I'm also a big DC fan. So when the big change came I embraced it. The New 52 has been exciting for me. Now I know everything hasn't been good but I think the majority of it has been excellent.

And awesome Robot Chicken reference! Loved that episode!

I wasn't around back before New 52 but I'm sure I'd be angry if I was.

Avatar image for admiral_ironbeast
Admiral_IronBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How bout a video about the Guardians of the Galaxy help familiarize us with their roster and history since they have a movie coming?

^^This may be better suited in 3-min expert format

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodoopenguin: I was there before and I'm not angry. If I want to remember how things were I just go back and read the old stories. It still happened and the re-boot doesn't take away my old comics.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodoopenguin: I was there before and I'm not angry. If I want to remember how things were I just go back and read the old stories. It still happened and the re-boot doesn't take away my old comics.

That is your opinion which I don't happen to agree with. I do not have anything against you. I just happen to disagree with that opinion. I hope you do not harbor any ill will against me.

OkaAY bye!?

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodoopenguin: Of course I don't! I was just explaining myself further, that's all. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodoopenguin: Of course I don't! I was just explaining myself further, that's all. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

Just joking, man.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tuckboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tuckboarder

@captainmarvel4ever: I'm with you i think characters like Wolverine and Spiderman get way too many books, and all the best artists and that leaves all of the awesome side characters with mostly b-listers. Batman too even though he's one of my favorites i still think its a downer he's dominating the new 52 i dunno about you but characters like Deathstroke and Lobo and other crazy 90's stuff didn't get a fair chance and same with the smaller characters like Flash Thompson venom in Marvel

MAKENNA_ERAZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MAKENNA_ERAZO
t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30  Edited By t_hench

I expect to be crapped on for this but, I loved Jean Paul Valley's Batman...as much as Bruce Wayne's (but I prefer Wayne's character without the cowl hands down).

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_hench: Im with you, I really liked Jean Paul Valley as Batman as well, but right from the start I knew it wasn't going to last and Bruce would be back. I really dug how they developed his character as a person afterwards though as he became more relatable. It's too bad DC won't bring him back because of the royalty issue with Quesada :/

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@azrael_online, as much as I love his character, I don't want to see him revived. One of my biggest annoyances with comics is nobody stays dead. I find it weakens the emotional impact of a characters death because in the back of your mind you know that somebody is gonna bring them back. Once in a while would be fine but the list of come backs is far too long imo.

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_hench: it's the new 52 though, so it's okay for them to bring people back. Right now all we know is that Knightfall happened but there is no mention of the mantle being handed to anyone during that time. Michael Lane was a bad excuse the revive the name, but they really screwed up his backstory. With the Arkham games they revived interest in the name, but a lot of people don't seem to know the difference between Jean Paul Valley and Michael Lane.

liltripy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think people need to realize, didnt Wolverine first come from being a person who only had claws on his glove back when he first appeared in the incredible hulk? i just think this is a series were we had kept THAT Wolverine. You get what i mean?

Daring_Doodads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Daring_Doodads

Wolverine suffers from over-exposure. It's absolutely necessary to change things up to keep him interested so I'm on board.

Also, finally got my Comic Vine t-shirt in the mail Tony. Yay! I'll probably wear it every day for a week until it becomes sentient and crawls off me.

Jslayer11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe they took Logan's healing factor away that was the fun part of wolverine