Civil War or Secret Invasion so far, which do you prefer ?

• 57 results
Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kieran Marvel

I know secret invasion is still on going but i think theres been more SI titles in other stories as well as the core book as they were Civil War stories so i think its about time we can fairly compare the two.

So who prefered the Civil War ? And whose enjoying Secret Invasion more ?

Make sure you add why folks.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Last_Guardian

I've preferred Civil War.  Secret Invasion said int he beginning that it was going to change the MU forever, and, I don't see how that's possible with only teo issues left in the main title and nothing really changing yet.  Civil War really did change the MU and it's aftermath can be felt even know in mostly every title.  It also, imho, had better storytelling and amuch better concept.

Fellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Fellfire

Secret Invasion.

i don't like fascist victories in my comic books.

I went there!

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Slinger

They are both equal on my opinion. The Civil War may have been a better written, but I like the scope and scale of Secret Invasion. I also am enjoying the artwork in Secret Invasion more than Civil war. If Annihilation were an option though, that would be number one in my book, it had an enormous impact on the Marvel U.

Avatar image for duke_checkmate_iii
Duke Checkmate III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War to me was more realistic..the really gave it this sort of feel like it was actually happening and that the comics we were reading was like a TV show or the newspaper and I was keeping up to date on what was going down in my country.There was some great fight scenes and alot came out of Civil War in fact it killed of alot of people that nobody really cared about like black Goliath and half of the New Warriors.They killed off Cap who is one of my favorite characters but I actually liked Bucky more so I am glad that he is Cap now.Overall I think Secret Invasion is better because of the suspense and the mystery and it is bringing the untied front of the Avengers back..which I really enjoy.You never know what's going to happen and I like that most of all...plus I don't have to be torn between sides because all my favorite heroes are on the same side.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

SI is disappointing so far, almost no important characters at all has been revealed as Skrulls. It would have had much more impact if they had a couple of A-Listers, and maybe even someone with their own solo title revealed as Skrulls. Then there would be some real impact of the story, and you would actually suspect everyone to be a potential skrull.

Duke Checkmate III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fesak said:
, almost no important characters at all has been revealed as Skrulls. 
"
There has only been like 8 reveals...Isn't Blackbolt,Elektra,Hank Pym,and Spider-Woman enough? SI is almost over so I doubt there will be a reveal of someone with their own comic...they played with Iron Man being one for a while.I understand where your coming from though..An A list skrull reveal would be pretty major but...they don't want to mess up anyone's books...it seems that most of the things going on in current titles are happening after Secret Invasion.
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The way SI was advertised was that you wasn't supposed to know who was a skrull and not, and there would be 'many shocking reveals', almost false advertising imo.
Also, Elektra was revealed before, and Black Bolt and Spider-Woman everyone already figured out, so that leaves Pym as the major reveal of this story, and i don't think anyone yelled OH, SH&%!!1 at that reveal, more like ummm... okay. Hardly a great payoff for a big storyline, he's not exactly A-List anymore.

Duke Checkmate III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fesak said:
"The way SI was advertised was that you wasn't supposed to know who was a skrull and not, and there would be 'many shocking reveals', almost false advertising imo.
Also, Elektra was revealed before, and Black Bolt and Spider-Woman everyone already figured out, so that leaves Pym as the major reveal of this story, and i don't think anyone yelled OH, SH&%!!1 at that reveal, more like ummm... okay. Hardly a great payoff for a big storyline, he's not exactly A-List anymore."
Well that's true but I think the way the A-lists books are going Bendis would be cutting into a storyline someone is already writing and make them have to tie that in.I think that's why they chose people like Pym,Elektra,and Jessica because they have ties to major characters and are part of major organizations but Bendis wouldn't have to take from what someone else is doing to reveal them as skrulls.I completely understand how you feel...the way all the A-list books seem to be over and done with SI...really pisses me off and the continuity is all wonky and I can't piece it together so I don't even try anymore.There is always still a chance for reveals though we have a few more books to go.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine

CW.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Nighthunter

Civil War

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kieran Marvel
fesak said:
"SI is disappointing so far, almost no important characters at all has been revealed as Skrulls. It would have had much more impact if they had a couple of A-Listers, and maybe even someone with their own solo title revealed as Skrulls. Then there would be some real impact of the story, and you would actually suspect everyone to be a potential skrull.
"
Well, Deadpool sold himself out to the skrulls so he might as well be a skrull i think. But yeah your right, at one point i was convinced that Tony Stark was a skrull but apparently Marvel didn't have the balls to make it so. However, CW was what spawned my dislike of Tony in the first place and i think of many fans. Civil War made your favourite characters choose (ot not if you love The Thing) and what if you didn't agree with their choice ? Where does that leave you ? SI isn't innocent from this dissapointment either because what if your favourite character is a skrull (well then as fesak points out your favourite Marvel hero isn't an A lister)

Duke Checkmate III said:
"fesak said: There has only been like 8 reveals...Isn't Blackbolt,Elektra,Hank Pym,and Spider-Woman enough? SI is almost over so I doubt there will be a reveal of someone with their own comic...they played with Iron Man being one for a while.I understand where your coming from though..An A list skrull reveal would be pretty major but...they don't want to mess up anyone's books...it seems that most of the things going on in current titles are happening after Secret Invasion."

My Skrull Watch 08 list on my wall i have, Spiderwoman, Edwin Jarvis, Echo, Yellowjacket, Hank Pym, Emma Frost, Captain Marvel and Longshot on my list.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kieran Marvel said:
"fesak said:
"SI is disappointing so far, almost no important characters at all has been revealed as Skrulls. It would have had much more impact if they had a couple of A-Listers, and maybe even someone with their own solo title revealed as Skrulls. Then there would be some real impact of the story, and you would actually suspect everyone to be a potential skrull.
"
Well, Deadpool sold himself out to the skrulls so he might as well be a skrull i think. But yeah your right, at one point i was convinced that Tony Stark was a skrull but apparently Marvel didn't have the balls to make it so. However, CW was what spawned my dislike of Tony in the first place and i think of many fans. Civil War made your favourite characters choose (ot not if you love The Thing) and what if you didn't agree with their choice ? Where does that leave you ? SI isn't innocent from this dissapointment either because what if your favourite character is a skrull (well then as fesak points out your favourite Marvel hero isn't an A lister)

Duke Checkmate III said:
"fesak said: There has only been like 8 reveals...Isn't Blackbolt,Elektra,Hank Pym,and Spider-Woman enough? SI is almost over so I doubt there will be a reveal of someone with their own comic...they played with Iron Man being one for a while.I understand where your coming from though..An A list skrull reveal would be pretty major but...they don't want to mess up anyone's books...it seems that most of the things going on in current titles are happening after Secret Invasion."

My Skrull Watch 08 list on my wall i have, Spiderwoman, Edwin Jarvis, Echo, Yellowjacket, Hank Pym, Emma Frost, Captain Marvel and Longshot on my list."
Echo and Emma aren't skrulls.....
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14  Edited By The_Martian

I'm actually enjoying Secret Invasion more, but mostly its cause I've really started liking Noh-Varr recently and SI is leading up to something with him. SI tie-ins are also the only way I can read about him right now anyways. As for the otherall though, Civil War was really awesome, but I like the concept of SI more. Civil War really only impacted the United States(which is where most the Marvel Universe is) but SI is not just a Gobal threat to the Marvel Universe but could/is a galactic threat as well.

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kieran Marvel

To Vance Astro... Really ? I thought the beam that Reed Richrads shot down into the Savage Land revealed her to be a skrull, i'm sure of it.

Echo ? well i'm sure he was replaced by a skrull sleeper agent in an advert for Secret Invasion months ago, i'll hunt down a link.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Martian
Kieran Marvel said:
"

To Vance Astro... Really ? I thought the beam that Reed Richrads shot down into the Savage Land revealed her to be a skrull, i'm sure of it.

Echo ? well i'm sure he was replaced by a skrull sleeper agent in an advert for Secret Invasion months ago, i'll hunt down a link.

"
That was the Emma that got off that ship though, not Emma that is with the current X-Men.
Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kieran Marvel

*scribbles Emma of Skrull watch list.   

ty

Im on Marvels site now trying to find that trailer, *curses stupid amount of videos for SI

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Slinger

The trailer said the skrulls failed to replace Echo, I know the one you are talking about.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Martian
Slinger said:
"The trailer said the skrulls failed to replace Echo, I know the one you are talking about."
They did it was a Daredevil like Skrull I think that attempted. Wolverine showed up to help her out.
Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kieran Marvel

Yes just viewed it and it says "infration failed"

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine

......... SI Longshot was a skrull... current is not.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kieran Marvel said:
"

"
#1 Echo is a SHE!
#2 Echo wasn't replaced because the skrulls said they failed to capture her
#3 She was knocked out for most of the Invasion..the skrull Queen slammed her into a tree
Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kieran Marvel

I wouldn't know. I only came across Longshot in the Darwin awards 3 part in XFactor and She Hulk.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Vance Astro said:
"Kieran Marvel said:
"

"
#1 Echo is a SHE!
#2 Echo wasn't replaced because the skrulls said they failed to capture her
#3 She was knocked out for most of the Invasion..the skrull Queen slammed her into a tree
"
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By John Valentine
Kieran Marvel said:
"

I wouldn't know. I only came across Longshot in the Darwin awards 3 part in XFactor and She Hulk.

"
Ok.......................... well you need to sort it out cos most of the stuff that you're saying is wrong.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pixelized

civil war was horrible

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kieran Marvel

geez man typo error

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By John Valentine
pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"

Serious? The art was fabulous.
Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kieran Marvel

whoa whoa whoa.

How can the notion of Longshot being a skrull be wrong when they was a 3 part tie in revolving around it ?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine
Kieran Marvel said:
"

whoa whoa whoa.

How can the notion of Longshot being a skrull be wrong when they was a 3 part tie in revolving around it ?

"
The real one came back you fool.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"
Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kieran Marvel

I haven't read X Factor #35 yet JV

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By John Valentine
Kieran Marvel said:
"

I haven't read X Factor #35 yet JV

"

Understandable :s. Sorry for partially spoiling it man.
Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kieran Marvel

Its ok, XFactors's been going down hill lately i've been contemplating abandoning ship

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pixelized
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"
................"
you liked it?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pixelized
John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"

Serious? The art was fabulous."
The Arachne/ms. marvel bit bothered me
And the lack of Participation from the X-men left me with nothing to want to read
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"

And the lack of Participation from the X-men left me with nothing to want to read
"
1.The Arachne\Ms.Marvel thing bothered me too
2.The X-men didn't have to register...thus NO X-men...
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By John Valentine
Kieran Marvel said:
"Its ok, XFactors's been going down hill lately i've been contemplating abandoning ship"

Don't give up hope. It used to be sooooo good from issues 1 - 21 then it beagn to drag...............
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By John Valentine
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"

"
"
Fairdos, I'm an avengers fan too .... so it was fine for me.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pixelized
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"

"
"
1. Fighting in front of the daughter...Come on Carol...have some class....it wasn't that serious.
2. Exactly why i didn't like it
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
pixelized said:
"Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"civil war was horrible"

"
"
1. Fighting in front of the daughter...Come on Carol...have some class....it wasn't that serious.
2. Exactly why i didn't like it
"
That was played up..Carol could have killed her if she wanted to.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pixelized

and then rachel could have become Arachne to avenge her mother!

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kieran Marvel
John Valentine said:
"Kieran Marvel said:
"Its ok, XFactors's been going down hill lately i've been contemplating abandoning ship"

Don't give up hope. It used to be sooooo good from issues 1 - 21 then it beagn to drag..............."

Agreed. And thanks man, your the second today whose said stick with it so i think i'll carry on with my reading and review it again around issue 40
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
pixelized said:
"and then rachel could have become Arachne to avenge her mother!"
She'd get killed too.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pixelized
Vance Astro said:
"pixelized said:
"and then rachel could have become Arachne to avenge her mother!"
She'd get killed too."
LOl no she wouldn't...She'd Murder carol in her sleep
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By John Valentine
Kieran Marvel said:
"John Valentine said:
"Kieran Marvel said:

Don't give up hope. It used to be sooooo good from issues 1 - 21 then it beagn to drag..............."

Agreed. And thanks man, your the second today whose said stick with it so i think i'll carry on with my reading and review it again around issue 40"

Who else said taht?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Erik
fesak said:
"
It's true that everyone figured Spider-Woman out. But nobody was able to say that she has been a skrull from the very beginning. I found that to be a real shocker, not to mention a big let down because she was my favorite character on the New Avengers. I thought that she was an A-lister.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pixelized
John Valentine said:
"Kieran Marvel said:

I blame Jamie and his monologues
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"Kieran Marvel said:

I blame Jamie and his monologues"
I blame retarded Jaime from Age of Apocalypse with the diaper on.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By John Valentine
pixelized said:
"John Valentine said:
"Kieran Marvel said:

I blame Jamie and his monologues"

Those monologues made my day: you take that comment back!