• 97 results
#51 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Like I said, I didn't put that much thought into it. They could have easily changed other scenes around as well to make Zod live, but that's not really what I'm on about. I'm just saying, "A headlock? really? The neck snap?" That's the only real issue I have with it. Superman has very obvious outs in that situation that don't involve him killing Zod, and potentially killing anyone else in the room since the lasers really shouldn't have stopped when Zod's head turned until he was actually dead.

I'm just saying that there are other possibilities that could've made it less, well .. arbitrarily ruthless. It's like when batman killed Two Face, bats didn't just stab the guy. He didn't even really want to kill harvey, but he did it anyways. That's what I would've gone for, rather than just a straight up kill. he could've made a point of it.

Zod shakes superman off when the Man of Steel tries to save the family. Zod breaks free, says something along the lines of "This why you're weak" or "you've failed" or something, goes to kill them, then superman kills him in a random moment of desperation.

I'm just not a fan of the whole Neck snap bit.

I agree with you brah.

#52 Edited by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Pretty sure the most important part (which I've seen people overlook) is Nolan saying "‘OK, you convinced me. I buy it.’

This

#53 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Well I meant that Loki was good and GL's villains were weak. Parallax and Hector Hammond, at least. Sinestro was well played, but he wasn't really a villain.

Agreed on the Destroyer. That was a battle worthy of the original Ghost Rider. One move and over.

Hey! I felt MUCH sorrier for Hector Hammond than I did for Loki (as entertaining as he was). Then again, considering I'm an introvert like him and actually teared up a little when he screamed a few times because of that may have helped.

And yet THAT movie has a much better rating on Rotten Tomatoes! It also has a whole Clarke's Law thing going for the As guardian that I hate and wish that Clarke could be dug up just to be castrated for that idea. I mean, if you're going to have the god of thunder NOT speak in an antiquated diction like he SHOULD, then at least give me the goddamn god of thunder, magic twirling hammer and all! Don't give me something put on a level for the assholes in crowd that can't suspend their disbelief enough to take in! The movie's called THOR for Odin's sake!

#54 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite I am a DC fan first and I loved Thor! Second favorite Marvel movie to The Avengers. Although I agree that MOS was better, Thor was still a really good movie.

#55 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite I am a DC fan first and I loved Thor! Second favorite Marvel movie to The Avengers. Although I agree that MOS was better, Thor was still a really good movie.

If by really good, you mean slightly above average, then yes. It was.

#56 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: Thanks ^.^ always nice to read positive feedback.

#57 Edited by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like when batman killed Two Face, bats didn't just stab the guy. He didn't even really want to kill harvey, but he did it anyways. That's what I would've gone for, rather than just a straight up kill. he could've made a point of it.

How wasn't that a straight up kill? Two-Face was staring upwards at the coin and Batman grabbed him and took all three of them over the ledge. If you're going to say MoS had more options, doesn't this have JUST as many, too? Batman could have disarmed him. Batman could have punched him in the face. Batman could have used his equipment. So on and so on. Grabbing him and taking them all off the ledge was hardly his only option in that moment. It's just odd to me to label MoS's scene as so flawed but used Two-Face's death as a good example, you know?

As for the point of it, there was a massive point behind Superman killing Zod. But it's obviously subjective, so if you don't like it, so be it.

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@perezite: Well I meant that Loki was good and GL's villains were weak. Parallax and Hector Hammond, at least. Sinestro was well played, but he wasn't really a villain.

Agreed on the Destroyer. That was a battle worthy of the original Ghost Rider. One move and over.

Every time Hector Hammond screamed I wanted to throw something. So naturally, I wanted to throw a lot of things. And yes, the film would have been much more enjoyable if they gave Strong more time with his character.

Staff
#58 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

Question: if they go the Clarke's Law route with the Olympians in a Wonder Woman movie like they did with the Asgardians in Thor, how many people would you kill? More than me? Less than me?

#59 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:
@flashknight said:

Question: if they go the Clarke's Law route with the Olympians in a Wonder Woman movie like they did with the Asgardians in Thor, how many people would you kill? More than me? Less than me?

What do you mean?

#60 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: since Superman/Man of Steel is the tone setter for the DC cinematic universe and since other DC heroes have killed (Batman/Arrow) do you think we will now see the Flash IMP Grodd to death? Or Green Lantern pop Siniestros head of with a construct?

#61 Posted by TDK_1997 (14685 posts) - - Show Bio

I was supposed to see the movie tomorrow but I am going on a vacation tomorrow to Greece,so I won't be able to and the fact that I know the fate of Zod and almost everything that happens is kinda killing me but I hope that I will still be able to enjoy it.

#62 Posted by k4tzm4n (40219 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: since Superman/Man of Steel is the tone setter for the DC cinematic universe and since other DC heroes have killed (Batman/Arrow) do you think we will now see the Flash IMP Grodd to death? Or Green Lantern pop Siniestros head of with a construct?

That all boils down to the writers and it'll obviously be a case by case basis. Snyder and Goyer did this because it turns Clark into the Superman we know -- the one who now wants to avoid killing at all costs. And in my opinion, they did a good job justifying why he had to kill in this case.

Staff
#63 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:I don't buy the "I killed so I know I shouldn't kill" logic, it doesn't make any sense to me, It doesn't make sense to me in genrel really, I mean the ending was going to be a deal breaker for some but a deal maker for none so why even put it in?

@tdk_1997: bring me back some yoghurt

#64 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my God....

#65 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by TDK_1997 (14685 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: classic, I'll just throw some honey in there my self =)

#68 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@watcherg6: I personally am not a fan of that either, but that's the way they wrote the script, and to be fair it is more powerful than the phantom zone ending. Also, Superman has killed Zod et al. before.

#69 Posted by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: You gotta wonder though....If this really is a shared universe...Where are the GL corps?

#71 Posted by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

@azura_thena: You gotta wonder though....If this really is a shared universe...Where are the GL corps?

As far as I know, DC initially said the GL movie was going to be part of the expanded DC movie universe but that was before Nolan took over creative control. So, the Corps might not have selected a Lantern from Earth yet.

#72 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: Probably...Or Abin Asur must've been busy.Maybe Jordan was training.

#73 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: Like I said, I would've preferred an actual moment of desperation kill, or placing Zod in stasis of some kind with his ship that was literally designed to put kryptonians in stasis. I also totally would say the killing is more powerful and more attractive to your average movie goer, which is why I'm actually okay with it to some degree (though the little kid superman fan in me wants to punch Goyer).

#74 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good to know that awful ending was shoehorned in. At least I can still love Nolan after all of this :)

#75 Posted by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: Like I said, I would've preferred an actual moment of desperation kill, or placing Zod in stasis of some kind with his ship that was literally designed to put kryptonians in stasis. I also totally would say the killing is more powerful and more attractive to your average movie goer, which is why I'm actually okay with it to some degree (though the little kid superman fan in me wants to punch Goyer).

Actual moment of desperation? Saving innocent lives (and to a larger extent, the world) is not desperate enough for you?

The ship was destroyed.

#76 Posted by SmashBrawler (5624 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Anyone remember that storyline from a few years ago where Superman beat that dude to death? It was called um... Death of Superman, I think. Not sure if anyone else read it, it wasn't that big if I remember rightly. The bad guy, Doomsday, I think it was, killed Superman and Superman killed him. It's not too important a comic, so it shouldn't really be counted as Superman killing, I guess. Not like it was the best selling graphic novel of all time or anything. So this movie (which I haven't seen yet because f*ck you, Australia, and we have to wait til the 27th) is definitely the first time Superman has killed.

There's also that time some nobody named John Byrne had Superman execute three kryptonians from a pocket dimension during his run. Can't blame people for forgetting about it, it was a pretty forgettable run that added nothing to the Superman mythos and it's not like that story was ever followed upon anyway.

#77 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: Okay, First off, he was able to snap Zods neck, so there is no way he couldn't have prevented Zod from turning his head. He could've put his bicep in the way and it would've saved that family. He could've literally take a single step backwards and zod would've missed. He could've started flying. he could've leaned backwards. Why did Zod even bother when he could've just flown backwards into a wall to shake off Superman? Why didn't superman block it with his arm? If you thin about it for even a second, you can find so many other outs that just, "Well, guess I gotta murder this dude!" Superman is supposed to be a genius, and he lacks the common sense to just stop something like that?

Like I said, it's the difference between the Batman just straight up shooting the Joker and Dent, and how the dark knight actually ended. The specific way he killed Zod and the situation didn't make sense. I've already stated that there are obvious others ways to do the same sort of ending that they could've just straight ripped from other shows, and it would've been fine.

#78 Posted by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: Okay, First off, he was able to snap Zods neck, so there is no way he couldn't have prevented Zod from turning his head. He could've put his bicep in the way and it would've saved that family. He could've literally take a single step backwards and zod would've missed. He could've started flying. he could've leaned backwards. Why did Zod even bother when he could've just flown backwards into a wall to shake off Superman? Why didn't superman block it with his arm? If you thin about it for even a second, you can find so many other outs that just, "Well, guess I gotta murder this dude!" Superman is supposed to be a genius, and he lacks the common sense to just stop something like that?

Like I said, it's the difference between the Batman just straight up shooting the Joker and Dent, and how the dark knight actually ended. The specific way he killed Zod and the situation didn't make sense. I've already stated that there are obvious others ways to do the same sort of ending that they could've just straight ripped from other shows, and it would've been fine.

Turning Zod's head is exactly what Superman did do. ;)

Okay so he critically damages his arm to save the family for a second, then what? You have just completely ruined Superman's chances of defeating a Zod determined to kill not just every human on the planet, but Superman as well. Hard to fight with only one working arm...

Takes a step back, Zod picks a new family to kill.

Superman tries flying? Well Zod knew how to fly by that point as well. Superman flies up, Zod flies down, creating a stalemate and Zod incinerates the family.

Zod was blinded by rage and was determined to kill humans just to hurt Superman. He was able to accomplish that just fine without shaking Superman off. In fact, Superman was forced to watch or kill Zod, which was Zod's intentions as evident when he tells Superman that only one of them is going to survive that day.

This Superman might be a genius but we don't know for sure on that now do we?

This is actually the same exact situation with Dent. He was forced to kill Dent to save people. Superman was forced to kill to save humans. The only difference is that Batman had actual alternatives, such as capture, while Superman did not.

#79 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: I would've preferred him punch a hole in Zods chest in a fit of blind rage or desperation.

It's way more in character for him to hurt himself rather than just kill Zod, and considering that up until that point no kryptonian had shown the slightest sign of injury, there's no reason to believe that would've really hurt superman that much. Supes can also just heal out of that, and once again, it actually makes the situation dire.

Superman could easily have leaned backwards or stepped back and put Zod in any number of other chokes that would've had Zod facing towards the Ceiling, rather than the walls. Superman should also have been able to just turn a different way or pile drive Zod into the ground.

Also, what new family? Everyone there got the heck out of dodge the moment they could. If there was another family, they would've gotten fried anyways since Superman just ripped Zods head sideways.

Zod being blinded by rage and trying not to win is rather silly but makes sense I suppose. He could be suicidal, but that didn't even force Superman to kill him since he has plenty of other ways.

The difference is that they actually touched on Bats not wanting to kill, and even the death seemed accidental and out of desperation. This seemed more like an execution than an accident. I don't even really know why he cared other than, "I don't want superman to kill."

#80 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think GL is even close to thor, you both must be out of your minds.

#81 Edited by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: I would've preferred him punch a hole in Zods chest in a fit of blind rage or desperation.

It's way more in character for him to hurt himself rather than just kill Zod, and considering that up until that point no kryptonian had shown the slightest sign of injury, there's no reason to believe that would've really hurt superman that much. Supes can also just heal out of that, and once again, it actually makes the situation dire.

Superman could easily have leaned backwards or stepped back and put Zod in any number of other chokes that would've had Zod facing towards the Ceiling, rather than the walls. Superman should also have been able to just turn a different way or pile drive Zod into the ground.

Also, what new family? Everyone there got the heck out of dodge the moment they could. If there was another family, they would've gotten fried anyways since Superman just ripped Zods head sideways.

Zod being blinded by rage and trying not to win is rather silly but makes sense I suppose. He could be suicidal, but that didn't even force Superman to kill him since he has plenty of other ways.

The difference is that they actually touched on Bats not wanting to kill, and even the death seemed accidental and out of desperation. This seemed more like an execution than an accident. I don't even really know why he cared other than, "I don't want superman to kill."

Sure it is. But it was not a viable option here because it would have crippled him to someone that is supposedly vastly superior to him in combat prowess. Superman had shown several times to be injured. The sun just pepped him back up in a flash (accelerated healing is one of the benefits of Kryptonian physiology under a yellow sun). But yes, in the long run, neither one was really damaged. Why then would Superman want to give Zod the advantage? The situation was already dire enough. Superman was literally fighting for ever one of the 7 billion lives on this planet. It doesn't get anymore dire.

And Zod could have just as easily leaned forward. As for the chokes, he was already in one. Why would switching to a different choke hole be more beneficial when Zod can still turn his head and eyes? And how does that benefit Superman in the long run? To answer that for you, it doesn't. Turning a different way leads to the same scenario: What next? Zod would just find another family. I don't understand how that is so hard for you to grasp.

You mean that Zod's heat vision was only limited to the train station? There seems to be plenty of evidence to the contrary on that one.

So you are now saying that the only way another family could have been there was if they existed in so much space that they would have surely died due to where Superman twisted Zod's head? I knew obesity was a problem in the states but I had no idea it was such a problem that people take up whole train stations!

I never said Zod wasn't trying to win. I said he determined that one of them die and dying himself didn't seem like such a problem for him to the point that some could argue that he wanted to die. Suicide by cop is never considered a "loss" by the criminal, why would you think it is different here? He wanted to kill Superman and every human on the planet or die trying. There was no winning or losing for him.

You say there are plenty of other ways but you have yet to provide a workable solution.

They touched on Superman not wanting to kill as well. He avoided it his whole life despite his apparent plethora of opportunities. Batman accidentally pushed Dent off a building? Arguably one of the smartest men on the planet with some of the very best combat training in the world accidentally pushed Dent off a 3 story building? When he had plenty of time to plan his attack? I don't buy that for one minute.

#82 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: We have no reason to think HV would fair much better than most of the other crazy stuff in hurting him. If he was depowered and gould move through the "World Maker", why believe that he could be hurt with HV. More so, if he can be, there's no reason the ending couldn't have been exactly as I described, which is just a straight character cliche for these. I would've been more okay with that anyways.

Also, once again, that is literally superman's character. He's the guy who would rather be hurt than kill. Also, that's not what I mean by "dire situation" and you know it. Superman had to have eventually killed Zod by that point unless there was some other thing we all missed, but the way the entire scene was poorly done IMO. It's like batman putting the joker on his knees, and then just shooting him executioner style.

No, that's not how life works. Leverage advantage is huge, regardless of who is holding you. If you're almost equal in strength (Superman vs Zod), then you cannot overcome leverage. Zod would never have been able to just lean forward. Zod was also barely turning his head, making him face a different way would've totally stopped him from lazering the family. The reason this is hard for me to grasp is that it's totally and completely out of character and is a lame ending. Also, what other families? Every one else ran the moment the two entered. Also, unless people can now levitate, making face upwards prevents that problem. Also, in terms of the immediate, Zod goes out like a light thanks to him being choked out. That's a way better scenario short term, and they can deal with the rest later. Once again, I'm not even saying that killing is necesarily the wrong move, just that they it's presented was poorly done.

You're the one claiming "other families, other families". He literally should've killed everyone on that other side of the room. If no one is there, he should have no problem turning Zod to face that part, and then he doesn't have to kill him. You're entire argument against this hinges on your argument being wrong. You really can't see that?

Then he didn't try very hard, now did he?

Only because you refuse to accept any workable solutions by poking holes in your own theories or by showing a lack of understanding of things. The only reasonable point you've put up is that he can't fly upwards, and other than that you just keep saying random things that don't make sense!

Not really. So he didn't kill a weak human and likes saving lives. We never see him actually fight anyone else the entire movie, and no one else has presented him with a situation where even had to consider killing someone. Batman full tackled him into the railing, which gave way. He just saw a chance and went for it. That seems like a methodically planned out method of attack? Also, really? He would kill Dent and break his only rule on purpose when he had time to find another way, as you propose? That's rather silly in my view.

#83 Edited by viin (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman killing zod didnt bother me..i think its more or less a setup for the next movie. It surprises me that people are having this much of a problem with this part of the movie. I enjoyed the movie but i think there were so many more problems with the script then what happen between superman and zod. Plus they said years ago when they first announced this movie that it is a take on a character as if it could potentially exist in todays world...and to be honest the world is a pretty violent place. If I was Superman I would of done the same.

#84 Posted by TDK_1997 (14685 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Edited by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: We have no reason to think HV would fair much better than most of the other crazy stuff in hurting him. If he was depowered and gould move through the "World Maker", why believe that he could be hurt with HV. More so, if he can be, there's no reason the ending couldn't have been exactly as I described, which is just a straight character cliche for these. I would've been more okay with that anyways.

Also, once again, that is literally superman's character. He's the guy who would rather be hurt than kill. Also, that's not what I mean by "dire situation" and you know it. Superman had to have eventually killed Zod by that point unless there was some other thing we all missed, but the way the entire scene was poorly done IMO. It's like batman putting the joker on his knees, and then just shooting him executioner style.

No, that's not how life works. Leverage advantage is huge, regardless of who is holding you. If you're almost equal in strength (Superman vs Zod), then you cannot overcome leverage. Zod would never have been able to just lean forward. Zod was also barely turning his head, making him face a different way would've totally stopped him from lazering the family. The reason this is hard for me to grasp is that it's totally and completely out of character and is a lame ending. Also, what other families? Every one else ran the moment the two entered. Also, unless people can now levitate, making face upwards prevents that problem. Also, in terms of the immediate, Zod goes out like a light thanks to him being choked out. That's a way better scenario short term, and they can deal with the rest later. Once again, I'm not even saying that killing is necesarily the wrong move, just that they it's presented was poorly done.

You're the one claiming "other families, other families". He literally should've killed everyone on that other side of the room. If no one is there, he should have no problem turning Zod to face that part, and then he doesn't have to kill him. You're entire argument against this hinges on your argument being wrong. You really can't see that?

Then he didn't try very hard, now did he?

Only because you refuse to accept any workable solutions by poking holes in your own theories or by showing a lack of understanding of things. The only reasonable point you've put up is that he can't fly upwards, and other than that you just keep saying random things that don't make sense!

Not really. So he didn't kill a weak human and likes saving lives. We never see him actually fight anyone else the entire movie, and no one else has presented him with a situation where even had to consider killing someone. Batman full tackled him into the railing, which gave way. He just saw a chance and went for it. That seems like a methodically planned out method of attack? Also, really? He would kill Dent and break his only rule on purpose when he had time to find another way, as you propose? That's rather silly in my view.

• Actually there is. Just the use of heat vision was shown to hurt Superman, as he winced in pain after burrowing to the scout ship. He also used it to hurt Zod. Superman wasn't depowered as he FLEW through the gravity beam to the world engine. He still had access to his powers the entire time.
  • I am not denying that Superman would rather be hurt than kill but what good would that do in this situation other than make it more unlikely that he could prevail? As for what is ONLY your opinion, I disagree and I am of the opinion that you need to watch it a second time. Your relation to Batman is hands down, incorrect and an explanation as to why was already given. You are either going to ignore it, like you have already done, or see it for yourself.
  • Oh so on top of you being a brilliant scientist, you are also a prize fighter? Tell me more about how life works? I am only a woman after all. I could never understand something like combat. Barely turning his head is still turning his head, now isn't it?
  • It doesn't seem out of character to me. But I will allow you to prove your point. Please provide references for your case. I imagine that since you would like me to believe you have a deep understanding of the Superman, that you can back up your claims with evidence?
  • They were not limited to the train station. There were still some families within city limits.
  • Let's assume for a moment that Superman choked out Zod. Then what? Zod wakes up and they continue their endless battle with billions of lives at risk.
  • There were more than just that one family at the train station. They didn't teleport out of the city. So yes, even if they fled, every moment Superman refused to take ultimate action put those people at risk.
  • "You're entire argument against this hinges on your argument being wrong". You are going to have to explain that statement. I have no idea what you were trying to say.
  • No. They are not workable solutions because holes can easily be poked into them. What things have I misunderstood, oh grand intelligent being? Is this more of your, "Everyone that disagrees with me is an idiot" statements?
  • Hmmm... Superman never fought Faora or Non? Yes, no one else presented him with a situation that the only solution was to kill. But how then can you possibly claim that it was out of character when he did? There was no precedent for it.
  • Railing? There was no railing at all. I think you need to see the film again. Batman had exactly one whole minute to plan exactly how he wanted to attack Dent and he specifically chose to take him out of the building. I know you wont admit that you were mistaken but I might as well provide the facts for everyone else that is interested in who is actually correct on this matter.

#86 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17966 posts) - - Show Bio

the BIG " oh NOOOO" moment was well executed, would have been better if it wasn't there, but it didn't bother me that much

#87 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: I watched superman 2, and he didn't kill him then, I mean nothing is said that he died. he could have been put in prison!

#88 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: I was going to respond, but quite frankly, I don't think either of us are going to change the other's opinions. Also, you seem to be getting super angry and have started bringing up completely irrelevant information and insulting me. I don't give a crap about what gender you are. I never claimed to be anything special, and I certainly never claimed that I'm better than anyone. You don't need to be a complete ass to someone to get a point across. If you really want to just go ballistic on someone, take it elsewhere.

I clearly don't agree with you, and you clearly don't want anyone to have an opinion different than your own. I interpret things my way and I'm sorry that I appear to have offended you in some way. I'm dropping it.

#89 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.

Stupid ending.

#90 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (13653 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the movie but the ending was a bit weird.

#91 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:
@flashknight said:

What do you mean?

If they have the Greek Gods for Wonder Woman and go THIS route like they did for the Asgardians in Thor.

http:// tvtropes .org /pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ClarkesThirdLaw

#92 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

If you think they weren't, then YOUR not very bright and not even worth convincing otherwise.

#93 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite said:

@novi_homines said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

If you think they weren't, then YOUR not very bright and not even worth convincing otherwise.

Lol, what does "bright" have to do with anything? Thor destroys Green Lantern on Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb, Metacritic, and every other review compiler on the internet. Don't convince me, convince the world. Though I apologize for attacking your opinion. Was out of line. This definitely isn't a fact, and some will disagree.

#94 Posted by Danvader64 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

with all these MOS spoiler threads i will probably know everything about the movie before i actually get to see it.

#95 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

Say what you want about Nolan ( DKR aside) but he does know what fans want.

#96 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncanny_doom said:

The problem with it imo was the lack of development for Superman as a character. He kills Zod after we've seen Superman not give a damn about tackling other kryptonians through buildings and fighting in public, highly populated places. It just didn't have proper build-up for what the aftermath of the moment was supposed to be. Plus, we see like in the very next scene, it's right back to smiles and happiness. It just wasn't handled right, like much of the movie.

BINGO

BTW

how the heck did THAT scene convince Nolan of anything? seriously, I should just give up on watching anything that includes him and DC together

also,

I bet Zod is in a "HEALING COMA" a la Death of Superman

PS: it's Nam-Ek, the name of the kryptonian siding with Faora

also, love the fact that some people are stating certain subjective things as undeniable fact and yet get offended by people not accepting their personal "opinion" ahahah love double standards

#97 Posted by ccraft (5201 posts) - - Show Bio

No one would be talking about this movie if Supes didn't kill Zod, plain and simple. Even though some of you are against Supes killing him at the end, your giving the directors exactly what they wanted, hyping up or debating the controversial ending what ever you want to call it. You don't see people talking about IM3 anymore now, right?

#98 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

No one would be talking about this movie if Supes didn't kill Zod, plain and simple. Even though some of you are against Supes killing him at the end, your giving the directors exactly what they wanted, hyping up or debating the controversial ending what ever you want to call it. You don't see people talking about IM3 anymore now, right?

That'd be because changing Mandarin up isn't nearly as controversial. People did keep talking about IM3 for a while, though.

Not really comparable.

#99 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, SPOILERS LIE AHEAD!

Nolan disagreed at first. But then Goyer insisted to include the twist.

"Man of Steel director Zack Snyder and writer David Goyer revealed on The Empire Film Podcast that producer/comic book movie Godfather Christopher Nolan initially did not approve of the controversial ending where Superman kills General Zod.

“Killing Zod was a big thing,” Goyer said. “And that was something that Chris Nolan originally said, ‘There’s no way you can do this’.... Originally, Zod got sucked into the Phantom Zone along with the others.”

When that ending proved to be unsatisfying, Goyer had to convince others to go with the twist. “We talked to some of the people at DC Comics and said, ‘Do you think there’s ever a way that Superman would kill someone?’ At first they said, ‘No way. No way.’ We said, ‘But what if he didn’t have a choice?’ Originally, Chris didn’t even want to let us try to write it. Zack and I said, ‘We think we can figure out a way that you’ll buy it.’ I came up with this idea of the heat vision and these people about to die. I wrote the scene and I gave it to Chris and he said, ‘OK, you convinced me. I buy it.’”

Source.

Thoughts? I wasn't as shocked about it as many others seem to be. But for some, that was big.

Ahh Goyer and "people at DC" are responsible. Good to know.

#100 Posted by ccraft (5201 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: I was comparing how much debate is still going on, I wasn't comparing the actions to each other.