#1 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

The holidays are coming and this is currently my chance to go on a Marvel Ultimate Collection frenzy. I've already ordered all of Grant Morisson's New X-Men run in 3 Ultimate Collections and I really want to get the first Ultimate Collection of Exiles (first 19 issues) and Cable & Deadpool (first 18 issues). Are these however the best portions of the series? Are they even worth it to begin with? I really wanted to know before I made my decision so I'd love it and appreciate it if you guys could help me out :)

Is anyone else planning to buy any special comics for Christmas?

#2 Posted by Catsnlynne (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

My birthday is 5 days after Christmas and I'm hoping to be surprised with a subscription to either Green Arrow or Flash from my sister, but I doubt it will happen.

#3 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

The first Exiles series was EXCELLENT!!! Absolutely, read that... That last volume (only six issues) was, in my opinion, bad...

#4 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: Thanks! So would you say I should only buy the first Ultimate Collection or more? Or is there a better one?

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

You betcha. For my one friend, I'm getting him two Green Arrow trades (Longbow Hunter and a Brad Meltzer one), and for my other friend, he wants to get into a series that's just one, long continuous story. I was thinking Invincible, but I'm not sure that he'd dig it.

For myself, I have a whole bunch of trades on my list.

#6 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti said:

@Timandm: Thanks! So would you say I should only buy the first Ultimate Collection or more? Or is there a better one?

I'm not sure what the "ultimate" collection is... Exiles wasn't part of the Ultimate Universe (as far as I know.) I'm suggesting you get definitely should get Exiles Volume 1...

And, I actually went back and looked, there's "New Exiles" (which I think of as the second volume) which is also pretty good... I would definitely recommend those...

But Exiles Volume 2 (which was only about 6 issues long) sort of bites... Not worth the money...

Does that help?

#7 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Care to share which trades? :)

@Timandm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Collection here's a list of Ultimate Collections if that helps. Exiles 1 is the first 19 issues :)

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Or35ti: Sure thing:

• Fantastic Four- Mark Millar
  • The Flash- Geoff Johns
  • Justice- Jim Krueger
  • Batman: The Long Halloween- Jeph Loeb
  • Batman: Dark Victory- Loeb
  • Batman: Haunted Knight- Loeb
  • JLA: Golden Perfect- Joe Kelly
  • The Irredeemable Ant-Man- Robert Kirkman
  • Irredeemable- Mark Waid
  • Superior- Millar
  • Spider-Man: Big Time- Dan Slott
  • Batman: The Black Mirror- Scott Snyder
  • American Vampire- Snyder
  • 100 Bullets- Brian Azzarello
  • Luthor- Azzarello
  • Batman: No Man's Land- Greg Rucka
  • Ultimate Comics Hawkeye- Johnathan Hickman
  • Ultimate Comics Ultimates- Hickman
#9 Posted by Lvenger (19237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: All that for Christmas? Lucky devil. I just asked for JLA: World War III as a reminder that there are good JLA stories when Johns isn't writing them

#10 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I just put that stuff on my list. I probably won't be getting more than half of those :P

Nice choice, btw. Morrison's entire JLA run was better than anything he's ever written. That first arc was a blast.

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

Well that's a nice list of trades O.o
BB

#12 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Damn that is quite the list haha