Chicago Bear Israel Idonije to Release His Book THE PROTECTORS at C2E2

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Along with Ron Marz and Bart Sears, Chicago Bear defensive end Israel Idonije is bringing his comic THE PROTECTORS to C2E2 on April 25th-27th and a signing of his book April 23rd at Chicago Comics. The Athlitacomics booth, over the convention weekend, there will be copies of the first issue as well as some surprises.

No Caption Provided

Athlitacomics, started by National Football League player Israel Idonije, is releasing a special edition The Protectors issue #1 with a special limited cover for C2E2 April 25-27, at booth #607 South Building at McCormick Place. Idonije, who originally conceived the idea of The Protectors during an NFL training camp a few years ago, will be doing a book signing at Chicago Comics, 3244 North Clark Street on Wednesday, April 23 from 6-7:30 pm to kick off the C2E2 weekend.

The acclaimed Ron Marz and Bart Sears, who are also part of The Protectors creative team, will be at the book signing as well. “Last year we had an amazing time debuting The Protectors with a limited edition #0 issue,” said Idonije, who is a lifelong comic book fan. “Now this year, The Protectors’ epic storyline will unfold in earnest. Within the next month, we will have more exciting news of company ventures and partnerships. I’m so thrilled with the direction we are going and look forward to revealing what has been in the works.”

Athlitacomics will use Twitter (@Athlitacomics) to announce the professional athletes and other guests who will be appearing the booth for free autographs. There will be several social media contests to give away great prizes such as tickets to the private The Protectors party C2E2 weekend, Chicago Bears tickets and many other surprises.

The Protectors #1, created by Israel Idonije, written by Ron Marz, with art by Bart Sears, Mark Pennington and Neeraj Menon, combines sports action and superhero adventure never before seen. The Protectors are a chosen handful of athletes who learn they are blessed with more than elite athletic ability. Pro football superstar Isaac Chike seems to have the perfect life of success, wealth and fame. But this life is turned upside down when he discovers his true purpose. Isaac learns he is destined to be one of The Protectors, a small group of gifted heroes blessed with miraculous powers. Now Isaac and a handful of other star athletes must choose between the lives they know and the greater good of protecting mankind from enemies intent on enslaving the world. Are Isaac and his friends worthy of becoming The Protectors?

Make sure to pick up your copy of THE PROTECTORS at C2E2!

Avatar image for aquagreenbatbeetle
AquaGreenBatBeetle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That's a gorgeous cover

CelticJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Melding the Chicago Bears with comics, is this heaven? Really wish I could be in Chicago to pick up a copy and meet Mr. Idonije in person as both a comic fan and a Chicago sports fan.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This reminds me of the Super Globetrotters

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've never heard of any of the characters, writers, or the publisher before. That cover really got my attention and sparked an interest, so I may wind up checking out the first issue.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Wisconsin>Illinois.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I've never heard of any of the characters, writers, or the publisher before. That cover really got my attention and sparked an interest, so I may wind up checking out the first issue.

Here's an early interview with Ron Marz.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9 tparks  Online

I might have to check this out. I remember the few games he played for the Lions, he was pretty solid. That's saying something when you're standing next to monsters like Nick Fairley, Ndumokong Suh, and even Ziggy Ansah. It's cool to see athletes of his caliber promoting comics. Anything to help take away the stereo-type Big Bang Theory does to comic readers. lol

Gyardos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they need to be absorbed by DC comics even before the 1 issue is released

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 inferiorego  Staff

Melding the Chicago Bears with comics, is this heaven? Really wish I could be in Chicago to pick up a copy and meet Mr. Idonije in person as both a comic fan and a Chicago sports fan.

Tony and I met him last year at a party. I almost lost it. Tony had no clue who he was.

Wisconsin>Illinois.

Only when it comes to cheese curds. Aside from that, that is the most offensive post my Illinoisan eyes have ever seen.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Wisconsin>Illinois.

Only when it comes to cheese curds. Aside from that, that is the most offensive post my Illinoisan eyes have ever seen.

And beer. And bratwurst. And roads. And gambling. And most importantly, Football.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Wisconsin>Illinois.

And beer. And bratwurst. And roads. And gambling. And most importantly, Football.

No way on beer. Brats, I'll give that to you. Roads, only when Wis drivers aren't on them, since Wis is much more scenic and so many of you drive slow in the left lane on the highway. Gambling, yep, you win. Football: Both teams are fantastic. I have no problem admitting that.

We could do a pro and con list all day, but it wouldn't solve anything.

However, we have a stupid, giant, reflective bean near the Loop, which people want to see. I think that gives IL a slight advantage.

EliCrofoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EliCrofoot

People are talking about sports... on a comic book website?!?! What kind of backwards bizarro world is this?