Check my Math - Goku vs Superman Speed Ranking with power levels

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SSJ1 Gokus power level at minimum is 150 million. The Average humans power level is roughly 5. World class running speed is about 15 miles per hour, the average is half that. I'm estimating, so lets say 8 is the normal running speed for most people. My Calculations are purely based on assuming a person with a power level of 16 can run at an average of 16 miles an hour. Double the power level = double the average speed.

150 million divided by 8 = 18,750,000. At MINIMUM, Super Saiyan Goku can RUN at almost 19,000 million miles an hour. Light speed is roughly 671,000,000 miles an hour. Goku can definitely fly and burst limit speed much faster than he can run. Goku needs a power level of 5,250,000,000 to run at light speed. That's a power level of 5.25 Billion. This was calculated by dividing light speed by Goku's power level, which divided into light speed 35 times. So, 35x150million = 5.25 billion.

Gokus power level before turning super saiyan 1 was only 180,000. One hundred and eighty thousand. He increased his power level by 833 times. So, it is safe to say that turning ssj2 is at least 833 times as powerful as ssj1.

That would mean gokus SSJ2 power level at MINIMUM is 124,950,000,000 or 124 Billion 950 million, or roughly 125 Billion.

SSJ3 is at least 833x as powerful as ssj2 which equates to 104,083,350,000,000 or 104 trillion 83 billion and 350 million. AT MINIMUM.

By this point, Goku can RUN at 13,010,418,750,000 miles an hour or 13 trillion 10 billion and 419 million miles an hour ( SSJ3 power level divided by the average human running speed, which is only 8 miles an hour )

At SSJ3, goku can RUN at 19,389 times light speed. Gotenks is much stronger than Goku and Mystic Gohan and Vegitto are immensely stronger than both. So...his flight speed is at least 1/3 more than that, and thats a low ball because its unknown. The Running speed to flight ratio is not known. I think 1/3 is fair.

Even with this speed, he is nowhere near Silver Age Superman, Prime or any of those versions of Superman. There are 8,765 hours in one year. It takes light 2.5 million years to reach us. These older versions of Superman flew there and back in the blink of an eye, much further actually many times. Literally, the blink of an eye. It would take SSJ3 goku 128 years to RUN to the Andromeda Galaxy. Flash in the Silver Age and Superman raced around the entire Galaxy many times. Nobody in Dragonball Z is anywhere near the physical strength or Speed of Flash or Superman from the older Eras. A tiny fraction, as Superman from this era again, casually flew to distant Galaxies and back without any trouble.

Fun facts:

-Broly never blew up the Galaxy in DBZ movie 8. He used a special Ki technique. It was just a Spirit Bomb that killed all things. Goku only takes a small amount from everything and did a much larger feat in taking energy from the entire universe once. Broly only took all the life from one Galaxy. The Galaxy imploded, it did not blow up which proves it was not an attack like nearly everyone says it is. Hardly anyone watched the movie.

-Broly and Cooler cannot survive the sun, both of them are stronger than any SSJ1. After Brolys Zenkai power upgrade in his second appearance, he creamed SSJ2 Gohan,who in turn would be creamed by his younger SSJ2 version during the Cell Games. Power Level does not increase your tolerance to heat. The Sun will vaporize most of them, at least until SSJ4s level.

-A power level of 120 is sufficient enough to destroy the Moon, which is 1/4 the mass of Earth. Radditz can destroy entire planets with a power level of 1,200.

-Superman has survived super nova...his suit survived the hottest and most powerful explosions in the silver age. Supermans Kryptonian suit from the Silver Age of comics is more durable than anyone in DragonBall Z history.

-Goku cannot Instant Transmission or teleport anywhere he wishes. He needs to lock on to a Ki source and then use the technique for anything long distance. If they were to fight, he could not Instant Transmission to a red sun. Goku has an IQ of a small child and has no idea where the nearest Red Sun is. If he tried it, he would be incinerated.

-The older versions of Superman, especially the Movie version circa 1977 with Chris Reeve have mastered all knowledge of scientific fact from 28 Galaxies worth of alien races. That means all fighting arts. Some versions actually stated him to have 1000 years of non stop fighting experience. Goku is only a little bit better than Vegeta, whom has more experience fighting alien races and is able to counter Gokus raw talent with his own more vast experience. Superman's experience is a few billion times Vegetas. Although, it is never portrayed that way. Superman is a power puncher and grapple artist, Goku is a free stylist who never wrestles.

-Lots of people have no idea there are so many versions of Superman. Many renditions, many versions changed over the decades. Golden Age, Silver Age to Modern, Movie versions and the new 52 version. Each one are vastly different in power ratings and can do things the others cannot, some lacking, some God like in power. There is only one version of Goku.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Most places I been to on the Internet states that Super Saiyan 3 Goku's power level is around 500,000,000. Your math adds up and all, but I don't think it means that's how fast and strong Goku is on the show. There was never any evidence of him moving over 19,000 times the speed of light.

Avatar image for regal_rumble_man
Regal_Rumble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Regal_Rumble_Man

On panel feats > calcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are no official power levels after the Freeza Saga. 100% of all websites that list power levels beyond that are made up and not official. If that is true and his power level were only 500 million. It would be a very sad day for Goku fans....

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@P0rtal said:

There are no official power levels after the Freeza Saga. 100% of all websites that list power levels beyond that are made up and not official. If that is true and his power level were only 500 million. It would be a very sad day for Goku fans....

@BiteMe-Fanboy:

I reckon' you're right. I just don't think Goku is THAT fast though...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He likely isn't. I don't believe he is either. This list was being absolutely undeniable fair, but it is also extremely clear that Power Level does not run parallel with Speed or power. The entire point was to point out how fair calculations end up looking immensely silly by the show or manga standards. Goku cannot actually run 19,000x light speed, thats nuts. Does anyone think these numbers look correct? ( Even though they are mathematically correct ) Of course not. They are vastly out of proportion with what we actually see or read.

Gotenks can fly around the world a few times in an hour, Superman in the first movie flew around the world so fast, it stopped spinning, reversed, dialed back time, then he set it perfectly straight again. How fast would you have to fly around the entire earth to create a vortex that stops its mass from spinning and reverses it, then perfectly sets it back on course for the rest of time. Seriously...thats how insanely outclassed Goku is in most cases. But there is no denying the Justice League versions of Superman or the Classic 90s cartoon version, or similar versions would be absolutely vaporized by Master Roshi. Those versions cant handle small explosions or strong robots, Roshi can destroy the entire Moon. Seriously...

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By TheCrowbar

STOP IT.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Matezoide2

Ever wondered why Power-Levels havent been acknowledged since the Frieza saga?

No offense, really, but theres a ridiculously high amount of calcs for DBZ characters, and they have been posted here dozens of times, it gets tiring after a while. Your math isnt bad, dont get me wrong, but Power-Levels arent relevant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You missed the point of thread then, I agree with you on that. Its not relevant in the slightest. But, even with FAIR calculations and giving DBZ fighters massive benefit of the doubt they still do not compare even remotely to Superman. Whatever those ratings are, they are FAR LESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS than what actual fair calculations will result in. Thats what this thread is about heh! Superman > Goku by a huge margin in most cases.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Matezoide2

@P0rtal: My bad, i just saw a bunch of calcs and power-levels mentions and thought ''Not this again.....''.

My sincerest appologies, even though i had reasons to assume, it wasnt fair from me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no problem

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jorgevy

Toryama stopped with the power levels after Frieza Saga because they were getting nearly or even uncalculable

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Glitch_Spawn: C'mon, if you don't have anything relevant to say to the thread don't.

@TheCrowbar: If you don't like the user posting his theories then don't visit the thread. Okay?

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrShway88

Any power level theory is just that and can't be proved. When Goku fought Frieza his power level was 15 million. Afterwards power levels weren't used. Plus the power level is never mentioned to equal how fast one can run. Goku as has instant transmission with allows him to travel at the speed of light. I am not 100% sure on this but I think Superman is fast as the speed of light or faster. (someone confirm this)

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By ImmortalOne

@P0rtal: Don't use power scaling...

At a power level of around 100, both Master Roshi and Piccolo were able to destroy the moon, at around 20 billion cubic kilometers. Humans, with a power level of 5, would theoretically have enough destructive force to destroy a fifth of the moon, or 4 billion cubic kilometers using power scaling, which obviously, they can't.

Power level scaling just doesn't add up, and no one uses it.

mrOWMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrOWMG

gokus reflects are faster than light as raditz dodged light and piccolo even said he's faster than light, but in flight speed im pretty sure superman could overlap him with relative ease,if this were instant transmition however that'd be another story.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By TheCrowbar

@god_spawn: Goku vs. Superman is a topic done to death, it boils down to whoever the original poster really likes. Goku is from a different universe than Superman. The physics of what Goku does is not, nor will ever be comparable, to Superman and vice versa.

I get it, people like the "my hero can beat your hero" feeling, but it's so juvenile that it should be beneath Comicvine and as such it shouldn't be encouraged. It's one of the worst negatives from the medium.

I get we have a battle forum, and if it stayed there, I could pretend it didn't exist, but when I see such a needy fanboyism I feel compelled to call it out. That's no different than someone pulling math out of their rear to prove their favorite hero can beat someone else's favorite hero. There's nothing constructive or interesting about the message the thread conveys.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d
@P0rtal: Superman does not nor does he react anywhere near light speeds. 

How fast is Superman? Sure he can fly at faster than light (FTL), but can he actually move his body at such speeds?

By speculation maybe he can. But from what we have seen, he cannot. Not like the Flash has.

First I will address this notorious scan of Superman chasing Wally.

No Caption Provided

People try and use this scan and the calculation above to show that they are running FTL. Now they misinterpret the scan and ignore all the narration and dialogue that Wally states before he approximates his calculation. He says that if he steals Superman's speed and turns him into a statue like he did to inertia, then it the speed and momentum they are moving at would make it so like he is moving much faster than FTL. Don't believe me, I have more evidence.

No Caption Provided

This is Superman running after Flash, people have used this scan to try and say Superman easily runs at light speed. He is not flying and using his biosphere. Therefore lets accept that he is using his superspeed with his limbs. Look at his facial expression, he is struggling to catch the Flash while the Flash barely seems to exert himself. Now how fast are they actually moving? Here is the scan that people FAIL to post when they are claiming FTL again.

No Caption Provided

Read what Superman says there. He hears something speaking a hypersonic speeds meaning that the Flash, who can use his powers of the speed force to add speed to almost anything even sound itself, is not running near the speed of light here. Superman running slower than Hypderspeeds, scale how fast someone can run to how fast they can punch and you can at least have a good rough estimate of how fast Superman can battle at. I'm currently too lazy to perform the research and claculations.

Lastly, we know what happens when Barry is serious.

Black Adam, someone that Superman has never outperformed by a magnitude of 100 (that's how much faster he would have to perform than BA to be FTL) can only sprint and run at Mach 500 and his powers give out. 

Now scan clearly states that his mindset is left behind when he flies FTL. 

He is faster than a bullet, but when 100s of them are shot he can't catch them all. 

Conclusion: Flying is not the same as fighting. It's like Ironman flying at Mach 5, he doesn't fight at Mach 5. It's not like 1 second to us is 1,000s of seconds to Ironman. Same goes for Superman. He's not Flash, he does not exist or perform in the same time as the Flash does. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slimj87d

I didn't bother reading your calculations but with my post above, you pretty much proved that Goku would dominate Superman if he can run and fight at "At SSJ3, goku can RUN at 19,389 times light speed ." if and only if your calculations are correct.  

Now I will continue to build off of your post. 

Here Flash performs a punch at the speed of light. It has as much energy of a small star in it he says. 

And then he performs an IMP on a White Martian, who has durability on the level of a Green Martian, who in turn has durability on the level of Superman. Flash ONE SHOTS him. Not even Superboy-Prime could ONE SHOT Green Martian.  Again, the White Martian is around Superman's speed, and Flash decides to run PAST him and then around the earth to punch him. He says "If I take the long way around" then it shows him run past the white martian and then suddenly he's behind the white martian. This clearly also shows that the white martian, along with a green martian and Kryptonian can not run anywhere near light speed. The Black Adam, Flash chase scans, and plenty more prove this. 

So if Goku is capable of running, performing and doing things at  "At SSJ3, goku can RUN at 19,389 times light speed ." He would deliver a punch equal to 10,000 times more than Flashes white dwarf star one shotting Superman level punch. If a punch like that knocks out a white martian, it would kill Superman. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You didn't bother reading DBZ Manga or watching the series, nor have you read any Comics from the 1930s through 1989. If you had, you would understand what this thread was about. I explained it twice on the first page.

@SlimJ87D said:

I didn't bother reading your calculations but with my post above
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d
@P0rtal said:

You didn't bother reading DBZ Manga or watching the series, nor have you read any Comics from the 1930s through 1989. If you had, you would understand what this thread was about. I explained it twice on the first page.

@SlimJ87D said:

I saw your original post. 

"Your post is mute. If you didn't read it, you have no basis for what you are posting and are agreeing with the wrong sentiments the thread was supposed to provide. The fact is that Goku cannot run 19,000 times light speed. Thats sily, but the number game proves otherwise even with giving him bonus points. With those bonus's, Goku is still nowhere near Supermans level in most Eras. The reality is Gokus speed is a fraction of what the actual calculations show, so its even worse on anyone who supports Goke in a speed battle.

Your scans are useless. They are not from the Silver Age and promote the idea that Superman only existed in the post 90s era and that the 1930s - 1989 never existed. Silver Age Flash and Superman RAN around the Galaxy many times. You've clearly never read DC comics from this era. :)"

@SlimJ87D said:

First off, you don't know me. We've never met before so DON'T assume I don't know about DBZ, the manga, Superman and all his incarnations. All my post were pretty much made on the BATTLE boards and I have debated DBZ, DC, Marvel and more characters before.  

Second, you should take the time to read your own  post. My post was directed at this here: 

" Even with this speed, he is nowhere near Silver Age Superman, Prime or any of those versions of Superman. There are 8,765 hours in one year. It takes light 2.5 million years to reach us. These older versions of Superman flew there and back in the blink of an eye, much further actually many times. Literally, the blink of an eye. It would take SSJ3 goku 128 years to RUN to the Andromeda Galaxy. Flash in the Silver Age and Superman raced around the entire Galaxy many times. Nobody in Dragonball Z is anywhere near the physical strength or Speed of Flash or Superman from the older Eras. A tiny fraction, as Superman from this era again, casually flew to distant Galaxies and back without any trouble."

You pretty much opened the conversation to compare Goku to any version of Superman which you clearly said up there that you believe Goku cannot match the speed of any version of Superman. No one in their right mind has ever had Goku vs SA Superman on the battle boards, no one because we all are aware of SA Superman's power. We rarely use SA anybody in the debate boards because we know they win %99 of their battles.   

Lastly, the way you handled my constructive criticism was quite childish. I won't bother to discuss or add anything to your topic anymore. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rarely? I can whip out a few hundred thread links that disprove that statement. You are right, it was childish and I apologize for my tone. Reading back on it, it was not merited. I'm very sorry for that. However, you didn't bother to actually read my original post and you were equally childish for it. You won't be missed if you leave the thread, especially so if you reply to threads that you don't bother reading the first post in.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

LMAO!! This

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By slimj87d

@P0rtal said:

Rarely? I can whip out a few hundred thread links that disprove that statement. You are right, it was childish and I apologize for my tone. Reading back on it, it was not merited. I'm very sorry for that. However, you didn't bother to actually read my original post and you were equally childish for it. You won't be missed if you leave the thread, especially so if you reply to threads that you don't bother reading the first post in.

I didn't bother reading the calculation part only because there's no solid formula akira released to estimate scaling factors on his characters, and when I said I didn't bother reading it I meant I didn't bother checking your math because again there is no solid formula, it's quite obvious I read those parts or else I wouldn't have quoted and bonded your estimation of how fast Goku would run. I obviously read everything else due to the fact I directly responded to you saying Goku isn't as fast as any incarnation of Superman when there is enough evidence to show he is as fast as some of the incarnations of superman.

If you really wanted to discuss SA Superman only then you should have said so. No misunderstanding would have happened. Simple as that.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mypasswordis1234

That certain "truth" video deeply affected(infected) your mind... no one cares the half century old Supermans. The current ones the most popular and when someone make a "Superman vs" battle they specify the version of Superman. The feats only valid for that version of Superman. Also if you think every version feat is cannon, then there is galaxy buster Broly, and there are GT with the ssj4 supposedly far overpowered Broly, and the universe collapser Buu.

Avatar image for alberteynsetein
AlbertEynsetein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p0rtal said:

-A power level of 120 is sufficient enough to destroy the Moon, which is 1/4 the mass of Earth. Radditz can destroy entire planets with a power level of 1,200.

I've seen more mistakes in your post but this is out of the blue ^^ and the biggest I ever seen, how can you say Earths Mass is 1/4 more bigger than the Moon, for physics class XI the Moons mass is 81.5 more smaller than Earth and it was proven.

For example you need about 81.5 Moons for them 2 fit Earth Mass and 50 Moons 2 fit it's Volume : http://astronomy.org/programs/moon/moon.html

Vegetas Galick Gun is 25.000 Power level = planet destruction, 1.200 is impossible for Raditz to destroy Earth.

Moons minimum Destruction : 25K/81,5 = 306,748466258 Power level (Master Roshi maximum power can surpass 306,748466258 and his minimum is 139)

Assplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Assplosion

@p0rtal: I don't think Supermans feat of surviving a supernova is a legitimate feat of durability considering he feeds off of the energy of the sun right to the point of contact. If you take that similar measurement of an energy source that he cannot absorb or benefit from do you think he can handle it? Also, the super nova may be huge as it spreads in radius, but does that make it more powerful than let's say a kamehameha? My reason given is that a blast may not be necessarily less powerful, just more controlled and concentrated. Supernovas and things like that are powerful and destructive, but may be equal to power of something more concentrated. A ki beam is controlled in a cylindrical or spherical shape, kind of confined. Novas spread out in radius and are not controlled. By the cell and buu saga of DBZ Goku and everyone else are shown to be able to destroy any being with a ki blast, but struggle to beat these powerful beings because of their high regenerative power. Especially Buu, who regenerates from even the most microscopic of fragments.

Your comment about Vegeta being a more potent martial artistist in terms of skills is kind of silly. Vageta traveled planets and barbarically bullied inferior fighters in to submission or death. He even states this as a weakness in the Buu saga. Goku actually strategises and trained under some of the best martial artists on earth. He consistently lowers his power output in battle to match other opponents power so he can display his skill and master it. Watch the show from dragon ball and you see that he lives his life for the art and the challenge. Vageta does not and clearly states thats why he is not at the same level as Goku. Vageta is an imperialist, or was who only came to earth to see how well goku did at spreading the saiyan empire. And when comparing to superman, you nailed it dead on, there is no consistency to say for sure.

How are we to trust your math is correct if your simple facts are not quite up to snuff? the supernova fact is irreverent, Vageta is a bully/enforcer who does not follow the arts of fight like Goku.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Another Superman Vs. Goku Thread.......

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record,Superman can fight at light speed

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DarthAznable

@judasnixon: That picture gave me a headache at first glance lol

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kyrees
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By reaverlation
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

interesting stuff here.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku lost. Death Battle likes to troll the fanboys. More people like DC comics then anime. Both Goku and Supes are walking PIS gods. Your mommy loves you. Dogs don't like peanut butter. Ok, Happy? Good Enough? Just please,

No Caption Provided

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: .. @Pope052 says otherwise

I do but he's entitled to what he believes and since it's actually debatable, opinions are valid.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052: Don't worry. I don't think it's a stomp for either of them just getting Lightning off my back.

Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By reaverlation

You did start this...

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189 said:

Goku lost. Death Battle likes to troll the fanboys. More people like DC comics then anime. Both Goku and Supes are walking PIS gods. Your mommy loves you. Dogs don't like peanut butter. Ok, Happy? Good Enough? Just please,

No Caption Provided

Is that supposed to be a fapping gif?

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers