#1 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

what are some charecters that you think deserve a movie but probably wont get one.

i say swamp thing he's had a movie before but it was crappy. what other charecters deserve movies.

P.S. i used the seach thing i couldnt find anything but if there is one similiar im sorry.

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash

#3 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Miracle Man

#4 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

black panther, heroes for hire, deadpool, dr. strange.

#5 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Black Panther- Rumored, but I doubt it. Sucks I like BP.
  • Storm- Despite some other Viners opinions of her she is a great character with a great orgin. Unfortunetly the X-Men movies ruined that for her.
  • The Question- This could happen and easily work, but DC doesn't dishout movies like Marvel. We may never see Vic on the silver screen.
  • She Hulk- She Hulk is a really fun character I love. I may see her in an Avengers movie one day, but I doubt we will ever have a She Hulk movie.
  • Teen Titains- My issue would be them tring to appeal to teens to much and not them being superheroes. I don't want Twilight with more varing powers. Dear god what if they made Kristen Stewart Raven! Scratch it the world isn't ready.
  • Flash- Sigh, Maybe if a JL movie is successful
  • The Runaways- I think theses kids could give Harry Potter a run for his money. Cmon Marvel.
  • Aquaman- I want to shoot the Aquaman stereotype down with an epic movie, but I'm not sure if we will ever see one.
  • Zatanna- A mystical thriller about a sexy female magician? Sounds awesome, so Hollywood would never bite.
  • Hawkeye- It can happen, a good chance it will, but until I get proof I won't believe it.

10 characters/teams I think deserve a movie, but may never get one

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

• She Hulk- She Hulk is a really fun character I love. I may see her in an Avengers movie one day, but I doubt we will ever have a She Hulk movie.
  • Teen Titains- My issue would be them tring to appeal to teens to much and not them being superheroes. I don't want Twilight with more varing powers. Dear god what if they made Kristen Stewart Raven! Scratch it the world isn't ready.
  • The Runaways- I think theses kids could give Harry Potter a run for his money. Cmon Marvel.
  • Aquaman- I want to shoot the Aquaman stereotype down with an epic movie, but I'm not sure if we will ever see one.
  • Zatanna- A mystical thriller about a sexy female magician? Sounds awesome, so Hollywood would never bite.
  • Hawkeye- It can happen, a good chance it will, but until I get proof I won't believe it.

these guys

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

black panther, heroes for hire, deadpool, dr. strange.

Crap I forgot to add Heroes for Hire

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7464 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel/Shazam. While I love the character, I don't think the general public would particularly be interested in a movie about a 10 year old kid who says a magic word and becomes a super powered grown man.

#9 Edited by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Silver Surfer- not for a while anyway
  • Most of JLA unless a JL film goes ahead and works
  • Hercules (marvel)
  • Dr Strange
#10 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

BLUE MARVEL!

#11 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

The Creeper,laughing mask,and Starman.

#12 Posted by ogarza (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster

#13 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

The Darkness

Witchblade (despite the aborted project)

Swamp Thing

Niklos Koda

#14 Posted by VenomousDragon (852 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

• Silver Surfer- not for a while anyway
  • Most of JLA unless a JL film goes ahead and works
  • Hercules (marvel)
  • Dr Strange

Yes, Herc kicks ass!!

#15 Posted by SoA (4836 posts) - - Show Bio

flash,aquaman, shazam , JLI, JSA (original), darkness/witchblade. invincible, the authority

#16 Posted by ImmortalOne (3449 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Flash

2. Swamp Thing

3. Wonder Woman

4. Doctor Strange

5. Martian Manhunter

#17 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Yarva Demonicus Etrigan!

[The Demon]

#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Invincible, Dr. Doom (his own film), Magneto, Heroes for Hire, and Nightwing.

#19 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

@LadyLigeia said:

Its taking forever, so I am going to say Wonder Woman. Its getting to the point where its becoming a big elephant in the room.

Just do it already!

Big movie executive replies: A BADASS AWESOME HERO WITH A VAGINA?

I'd love a good WW movie but female heroes have a terrible track record in Hollywood movies *runs off to cry*

#20 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Invincible, Dr. Doom (his own film), Magneto, Heroes for Hire, and Nightwing.

Like the sound of that, He is pretty interesting character.

I have a feeling they won't because it would be too close to X men First Class.

#21 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. The Original Captain Marvel - Too whimsy for the general public, would make a good Pixar film.
  2. Aquaman - Doesn't get much positive exposure outside of the comics.
  3. Terry McGinnis - Not sure the aesthetic of Batman Beyond could really be replicated in live action.

I would love to see these characters on the big screen, but I don't think they ever will.

#22 Posted by Cap10nate (2299 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19 said:

what are some charecters that you think deserve a movie but probably wont get one.

i say swamp thing he's had a movie before but it was crappy. what other charecters deserve movies.

P.S. i used the seach thing i couldnt find anything but if there is one similiar im sorry.

I'd love to see Swamp Thing have a movie with today's CGI and effects. He would look awesome if they could show his abilities with modern technology.

My other favorite character is getting a movie (Winter Soldier) so I am pretty satisfied.

#23 Posted by bonesboy08 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

SBP

#24 Posted by batmite0178 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see a proper John Constantine movie and not one that is rated PG-13. I think that a director Guillermo del Toro could do amazing things with the character.

#25 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

• Black Panther- Rumored, but I doubt it. Sucks I like BP.
  • Storm- Despite some other Viners opinions of her she is a great character with a great orgin. Unfortunetly the X-Men movies ruined that for her.
  • The Question- This could happen and easily work, but DC doesn't dishout movies like Marvel. We may never see Vic on the silver screen.
  • Flash- Sigh, Maybe if a JL movie is successful

10 characters/teams I think deserve a movie, but may never get one

Question whether She-Hulk or Question deserves a movie, Even Panther or Storm.

#26 Edited by Wolfrazer (6714 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if anyone knows this, but WW does have her own movie. (Found out yesterday browsing youtube JLU vids)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman_(film) 

I mean granted, its not live action and its straight to video...but it is a movie.

#27 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist.

Too much like Batman, unfortunately.

#28 Edited by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye - Really gonna depend on how much marvel/disney trust Renner in a big buget lead, hopefully he can prove that with the new Bourne movie.

Cap Marvel/Shazam - I've heard Geoff Johns is writing a script, but I just don't think it'll get off.

Namor - I think the only way he could end up on film is in a supporting role or as a villain, and even the odds of that are low to me.

The Phantom (old comic strip character) - I'd like to see a really cool and crazy Indiana Jones style adventure movie for the him. I know he had a movie with Billy Zane, but that didn't end so well.

John Constantine - Really needs a better movie than one that was made imo.

laslty..and I know this one is already happening, but I hope the Crow remake is good. Don't get me wrong the one with Brandon Lee was great, but I'm interested to see if they can make it more faithful to the book and try to get a actor to portay him as good as Lee.

#29 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: how is iron fist anything like batman other than that they both use martial arts

#30 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

TASKMASTER

#31 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@ratman19: Rich parents that died and left him with a massive company to take over. It's not exactly the same, especially his upbringing after his parents' death, but its enough for the average movie goer to make that connection. 
#32 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#33 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Invaders

#34 Posted by chalkshark (1189 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. The Doom Patrol
  2. The Metal Men
  3. Krypto, The Superdog
  4. The Defenders
  5. Werewolf By Night
#35 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: there already making a superman movie

#36 Posted by Nassirdada (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova ( richard rider)

#37 Posted by PowerHerc (83782 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy.

You know the name.

Hercules - Bowen Variant statue
#38 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

The Flash

Hawkman

#39 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

WONDER WOMAN Y ZATANNA

#40 Posted by ladymastermind (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake:The Creeper would make a really cool movie if they did it right. With Dc's luck in movies, it would probably turn into something wierd like the Mask.

#41 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13141 posts) - - Show Bio

Creeper. Get someone like Tim Burton on it. macabre and creepy yet still fun.

#42 Edited by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since I saw Constantine, I haven't wanted to see movie adaptations of lesser known characters. IF they can mess up hellblazer, I feel they can mess up any comic. That being said I would love to see a doom patrol movie if done right. Also people who are saying Zatana, Wonderwomen or any other female comic book hero, know that they would for sure mess up those movies. Most comic book writers who know these characters backstories can't make them interesting, what makes you think hollywood hacks could get them right.

#43 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Booster Gold. Such a simple idea too: he's powerful enough to have cool special effects...but not so powerful he's impossible to believe. He's a bit of a jerk that can turn it around by movie's end...and we all love time-travel stories, especially those that take place in our current time. Get someone cool and arrogant-looking like John Hamm to play Booster, someone funny like Steve Carrell to voice Skeets...I'd go see that!

#44 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

A decent Catwoman movie

Hawkeye

Outsiders

Iron Fist

The Creeper

Ant-Man/Ultron/Vision

#46 Posted by TDK_1997 (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther.

#47 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

The Question might work actully.

#48 Posted by Lost_Nomad (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Black panther for sure

#49 Edited by moonofglass (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, manhunter, shazam, creeper, blue beetle, atom, zatanna, madame xanadu, the flash, aquaman...

#50 Posted by DoggySmoove (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBigRedCheese: for the batman beyond movie, they managed the future pretty well in blade runner could be done with terry i think it could be awesome!