#1 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Name some comic book characters that you think is really cool, but for some reason you just can't get into their comics...

#2 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk, Wolverine and Wally West...

I have no idea where to start.

#3 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

What's holding you back from enjoying Hulk and Wally?

#4 Edited by Charetter115 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#5 Posted by modunhanul (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers, Firestorm.

#6 Posted by TheMarvelFanboy (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone in DC Comics

#7 Edited by Derfel (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Captain America.

#8 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther for me. I'm sure there's a lot more, but he's a big one.

Edit:

Ghost Rider, too. And Punisher.

Basically anyone who's a Marvel Knight that isn't Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, or Spider-Man.

#9 Posted by WebHead32 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men, have no idea where to even start. Plus the amount of titles that are available.

#10 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Mister Majestic

#11 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything X-Men.

#12 Posted by kilomac29 (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic Four

#13 Edited by XIIXIIX (57 posts) - - Show Bio

superman :\

#14 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman and Thor for me. I really like the concepts of both characters - royalty turned superheroes with mythological aspects - but for some reason I feel no motivation to read their comics. I mean I enjoy them in their respective team books (JLA and Avengers), but I don't have any compulsion to actually read their soloes.

I loved the Wonder Woman animated movie, but it didn't really prompt me to pickup any comic. And despite all of the praise for Thor's recent God of Thunder series, I still don't want to pick it up. I think it might have something to do with these two being too fantasy and not enough superhero for me. I know this is mostly a generalization and there are exceptions, but that's the way I feel, however odd.

#15 Edited by Night Thrasher (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man...I can read the stories if I like the writer but the average Iron Man story will have me quitting half way through. Can't read the Marvel 52 stuff but the Fraction and Ellis stuff did hold my attention.

#16 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to read the Wolverine titles, but after a while I realize he's everywhere anyway so who cares?

#17 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything in Marvel, although I do enjoy Superior Spider-Man. Ive been wanting to get into some Avengers stuff but there's like a million different books, New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Bi-curious Avengers, there's just too much and don't even get me started on Wolverine...

#18 Posted by BlackWind (5966 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really like to like Namor. But I find his fans to be straight up obnoxious and rude. True, I am a huge Aquaman supporter, but it seems its illegal to like both. And its pretty sad that fans are keeping me from liking the character.

#19 Posted by Perethorn (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter. It´s insanely hard to find something about him in my country.

#20 Posted by i_like_swords (13802 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: only way to really know is to try it man. pick up issue 1 and if it leaves you wanting more get the whole series!

#21 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by SOG7dc (6947 posts) - - Show Bio

xmen, daredevil, hulk, silver surfer and wolverine

Edit: martin manhunter. and wonderwoman

#23 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: only way to really know is to try it man. pick up issue 1 and if it leaves you wanting more get the whole series!

For Thor? Or Diana?

#26 Edited by comicace3 (4228 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh umm what is Oliver Queen son's name? I heard he was one of the best martial artists in DC but I can't get enough info on him.

#27 Edited by Xwraith (16714 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, the Teen Titans, Power Girl, and the entire lineup of Valiant Comics.

#28 Posted by Xwraith (16714 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by comicace3 (4228 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@charetter115: Do Brian Azerello's run. You should start from the beginning it really picks up in the second volume.

#31 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellboy/BPRD universe

Seems really cool, just have no clue how to approach it.

#32 Edited by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Hulk
  2. Wolverine
  3. The Flash(Both Barry and Wally)
  4. Reed Richards(Fantastic Four)
  5. Nightwing
  6. Wonder Woman
  7. Red Robin(Teen Titans)
  8. Jason Todd(Red Hood and the Outlaws)
#33 Posted by i_like_swords (13802 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@i_like_swords said:

For Thor? Or Diana?

both. was just sort of saying you don't know something for definite till you try it. you might end up really liking either of the series'.

#34 Edited by Havenless (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone in DC Comics

Haha, this for me too. I can't get past the "Can create anything he can think of", "runs 18 times faster than the speed of light", and "Requires plot devices Kryptonite, Blue Sun radiation, and Magic so that he isn't invincible."

Where is the drama in this? Why do they even need teammates?

#35 Edited by God_Spawn (37560 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter. I want to like him. I hate him.

Moderator Online
#36 Edited by SithLantern93 (2119 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much every Marvel character except Loki,Dr Strange and Beyonder.

#37 Posted by Auralaria (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Most DC characters (I know them, but it's been a while). Mostly because the New 52 makes me get a "DEAD END" feeling, like I'll get that. Lots of interesting seeming people been retconned, stories possibly unfinished, etc. It might be a bit nonsensical, but yeah.

#38 Posted by M3th (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a lot of characters who I think are Totally Crash but I just can't get into their comics... why? because it cost money to buy comics.

#39 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

(Normal, plain old) Jean Grey. Seems like a cool character on paper, but I found most of the stories that focus on her to be pretty meh.. She was a lot more interesting as Dark Phoenix.

#40 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@i_like_swords said:

For Thor? Or Diana?

both. was just sort of saying you don't know something for definite till you try it. you might end up really liking either of the series'.

Yeah, I've been really meaning to pick up JMS' run on Thor (since I'm already collecting Brubaker's Cap and Fraction's Iron Man, so Thor kinda completes the trilogy). But somehow other comics always get in the way! I'll get around to it eventually.

#41 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

everyone in marvel

#42 Edited by Billy Batson (57905 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter. I want to like him. I hate him.

I've seen you mentioning this before. Curious to know what you've read with him in it.

BB

#43 Posted by silverJuggernaut (134 posts) - - Show Bio

all the batman titles and flash. i cant get into batman because hes not interesting to me and i feel the same way with flash. theres a lot more i cant get into but theas are the main ones that i have tryed but cant get into them.

#44 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11303 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther. Avengers: EMH got me interested in him but Marvel NOW isn't featuring him enough (unless I'm missing something) for me to get committed. The same probably goes for Punisher. Oh and Silver Surfer, he's popular among so many people but I just don't see whats so special about him.

#45 Edited by Billy Batson (57905 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellboy/BPRD universe

Seems really cool, just have no clue how to approach it.

Both Hellboy and B.P.R.D. have trades and big collections that are numbered.

BB