• 61 results
#1 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

I HATE that title. I really do. But it was all I could come up with.

Anyway, what some characters you like that could be among that most popular in the company, but aren't for some reason?

For me, it's Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes).

Really, what does Batman or Superman have that this guy doesn't?

Sorry if this has been done before. I searched and didn't find anything.

#2 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Really loving Ev. I know she's new and all, but I think she still fits the topic kind of.

By Shawn McGuan
#4 Posted by andrewtheking (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

#5 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kesho_Ronin said:

Hyperion's in Avengers now, so he might get a boost in popularity. :)

#7 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Mindwarp seemed interesting, but he just sort of disappeared. It'd be nice to see more of him at some point.

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
 Problem Sleuth
 Spades Slick/Jack Noir
 THE BEST GUY IN ME2
#9 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Kesho_Ronin said:

Hyperion's in Avengers now, so he might get a boost in popularity. :)

yeah except i like Marvel MAX version

#10 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kesho_Ronin: Oh, I see. Well there's A Hyperion in the Avengers.

Maybe the Avengers version could spark some interest in other versions though, so he might turn up somewhere. :)

#11 Posted by Kesho_Ronin (209 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: thanks for the heads up :)

#12 Posted by csguterres (205 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by tupiaz (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Really, what does Batman or Superman have that this guy doesn't?

I HATE that title. I really do. But it was all I could come up with.

Anyway, what some characters you like that could be among that most popular in the company, but aren't for some reason?

For me, it's Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes).

Sorry if this has been done before. I searched and didn't find anything.

If you want to start reading Blue Beetle where o you start?

Actually I'm pretty some of the characters I like aren't more popular. It (at least in theory) means that the story can be written for the fans an not random followers.

#14 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ikaris could be popular if he was more widely used.

#15 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

I'd personally recommend skipping over everything with Ted Kord and start with Jaime (as he's the Beetle I was talking about). He first appeared in Infinite Crisis #5, and was given his own ongoing that year So I'd start with that ongoing.

#16 Posted by tupiaz (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress said:

I think Ikaris could be popular if he was more widely used.

I always found the used of old Greek and Nordic gods kind of weird. I'm just left with feeling not really understanding why and thought it doesn't really make that much sense. Also why not use old Roman or Egyptian gods?

@TheCannon said:

@tupiaz said:

I'd personally recommend skipping over everything with Ted Kord and start with Jaime (as he's the Beetle I was talking about). He first appeared in Infinite Crisis #5, and was given his own ongoing that year So I'd start with that ongoing.

I was looking for trades or good writers. This has been a little helpful though.

#17 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Ikaris got his name from the Greek story but he is an Eternal not a Greek god. But that might be semantics.

#18 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Sorry. I apologize.

The New 52 Beetle has been amazing (only read the first trade though :( ). So, I recommend those trades.

And off the top of my head, the only trades I can think of are the ones collection the series I mentioned before.

#19 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Alice. Misfit. Atlee.

#20 Posted by tupiaz (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

The New 52 Beetle has been amazing (only read the first trade though :( ). So, I recommend those trades.

And off the top of my head, the only trades I can think of are the ones collection the series I mentioned before.

OK. I have just heard mix things about the New 52 Blue Beetle.

@gravitypress said:

@tupiaz: Ikaris got his name from the Greek story but he is an Eternal not a Greek god. But that might be semantics.

well I apparently didn't read your post well enough. I thought you wanted to have more Hercules stories. My mistake. I have no really opinion about Ikaris since I haven't read anything with him.

#21 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Well IMO you cannot go wrong with more Herc either.

#22 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@TheCannon said:

Just get it, don't listen to anything bad about it. It's an amazing series, and deserves to be recognized as one of DC's greatest comics in The New 52. Yet for some reason, they're cancelling it so we can have ANOTHER Batman related or Justice League related title. Ugh. DC can be very annoying.

#23 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust.

#24 Posted by tupiaz (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@tupiaz said:

@TheCannon said:

Just get it, don't listen to anything bad about it. It's an amazing series, and deserves to be recognized as one of DC's greatest comics in The New 52. Yet for some reason, they're cancelling it so we can have ANOTHER Batman related or Justice League related title. Ugh. DC can be very annoying.

More like because of bad sales. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41661 Even though DC claims it is because of the story.

#25 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Dust.

I approve this message. All New X-Men, actually.

#26 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@TheCannon said:

@tupiaz said:

@TheCannon said:

More like because of bad sales. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41661 Even though DC claims it is because of the story.

I just don't get it. There are other low-selling series they could of shelved with characters that suck. Yet they take one of the company's best characters and get rid of his title. Maybe they could of tried a new creative team (they did it with the low selling Detective Comics).

#27 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
An Original X-man, with a tragic history and the will to overcome...thrown away to further Psylocke's story...
#28 Posted by tupiaz (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@tupiaz said:

@TheCannon said:

@tupiaz said:

@TheCannon said:

I just don't get it. There are other low-selling series they could of shelved with characters that suck. Yet they take one of the company's best characters and get rid of his title. Maybe they could of tried a new creative team (they did it with the low selling Detective Comics).

Don't agree. DC have for a year tried to sell the series with bad sales. It has since February been just above 10K sales. Not a strong title. DC would of cause keep Detective Comics if the sales was bad. it has so much history and in many way defines DC as a company. That DC is named after Detective Comics proves this.

#29 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio
Static
#30 Posted by Kairan1979 (16864 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by John93 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke ! all the attention goes to Deadpool, i would like to see a movie with him (an accurate one)

#32 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a note, folks: if the character isn't popular, you should probably include their name when you post a picture.

Because, you know, if I don't know about them, the image isn't going to help :p

#33 Edited by Maluke (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard B. Riddick

"Escaped convict, murderer."

#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92871 posts) - - Show Bio

Layla (Miller) Madrox.

But I'm actually glad she's not more popular. It means that Marvel doesn't care enough about her to use her outside of X-Factor, where she's written so very perfectly by her creator.

#35 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Dust is an amazing Character =)

@Mercy_: I agree with Layla, but as you said the writer is what makes her so great, i fear that in the hands of other writers that the things that make her so awesome will start to dissapear and will turn her into a bland character..

For my vote i'll go with Gentle! I love his character, pacifist but his powerset is a clear contradiction of that =)

#36 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

The One Electronic also comes to mind. 
He's a pretty epic character, shame not many people on have read Rice Boy. 

#37 Posted by judasnixon (6667 posts) - - Show Bio

Abigail Brand. When she is written well, she steals the show ever time.....

#38 Posted by NewComicGuy (131 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grifter is definitely one for me. I know his series failed and I can't complain much because it was average at its best. Fortunately, I definitely think that was poor writing and not the character. The character, if used correctly, can be a lot of fun. I also enjoy Deadman. Possession is fun.

#39 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Dernman (15250 posts) - - Show Bio
@Maluke said:

Richard B. Riddick

"Escaped convict, murderer."

He already had one. :p
#41 Posted by Strider92 (16737 posts) - - Show Bio
Backlash
#42 Posted by judasnixon (6667 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Spiral, furry boots and all. I was so happy to hear that she was going to be in the new Uncanny X-Force.

#43 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13420 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Dr. Nemesis

....is......is he talking about rape?

#44 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13420 posts) - - Show Bio
Creeper

DC needs to decide on what to do with this guy and then feature him consistently.

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Hank Pym
  • Creeper
  • Plastic Man
  • Elongated Man
  • Black Lightning
  • Mad Hatter
  • Nova
  • Mr. Fear
  • Purple Man
#47 Posted by Mr_Winchester (709 posts) - - Show Bio

#48 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron

Kaine

Nova

Creeper

Zoom

#49 Edited by Xorion (446 posts) - - Show Bio
did they bring her back to leave in comic book limbo? Also Al Cabr from demon knights is a wasted opportunity of a great character.
#50 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio