• 61 results
#1 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there any characters you actually really like / think they're cool, but you simply don't know much about them / maybe not at all? If so feel free to post them, and if see that someone likes any characters you actually know about, it would be nice if you could post them few good arcs to learn more about them. At least I would be happy if someone would tell me what to read to learn more about the characters I like, but don't know at all!  

Mine are:

1. Kyle Rayner, aka Green Lantern
2. Ares, from Marvel U
3. Osiris, from DC U 
4. Richard Rider, aka Nova

#2 Posted by jcj145 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest Iron Man, I know he's one of the "big three" but I've always just stuck to the X-Men in Marvel so I just know the basic stuff that everyone knows about him

#3 Posted by Adnan (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want Nova, I've been told you should be reading the Cosmic Marvel stuff in general really. Here's a list I keep handy

1. Alan Scott, DC U

2. Vixen, DC U

3. Devil Dinosaur, Marvel U

4. Nova (lol, I don't actually know much about him myself - but I'll get down to reading him some day...)

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcj145 said:

To be honest Iron Man, I know he's one of the "big three" but I've always just stuck to the X-Men in Marvel so I just know the basic stuff that everyone knows about him

he's had his jerk moments in the past (especially in Civil War) but hes gotten a lot better since.

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen

Constantine

Spawn

Cabel

Surge

Phantom Stranger

Nova

and alot more

#6 Posted by jcj145 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: do you know of any good story arcs of his that would be a good start ?

#7 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:

If you want Nova, I've been told you should be reading the Cosmic Marvel stuff in general really. Here's a list I keep handy

Wow awesome thanks, saved that one to my HD. Gonna check out some of the stuff for sure! Unfortunately I can't help you out with your characters, sorry.

@jcj145

said:

@Kallarkz: do you know of any good story arcs of his that would be a good start ?

I think you should really read 'Iron Man: Extremis'. I'm not sure if it's a good arc to start with, but I'm damn sure that it was a really good book with 5 or 6 issues. The art was great and I think you can even watch it online for free, IIRC, and even animated! I think everything is uploaded on Marvel.com and youtube could have it too. You can check out few scenes: 

#8 Edited by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

Are there any characters you actually really like / think they're cool, but you simply don't know much about them / maybe not at all? If so feel free to post them, and if see that someone likes any characters you actually know about, it would be nice if you could post them few good arcs to learn more about them. At least I would be happy if someone would tell me what to read to learn more about the characters I like, but don't know at all! Mine are: 1. Kyle Rayner, aka Green Lantern2. Ares, from Marvel U 3. Osiris, from DC U 4. Richard Rider, aka Nova

Here you go.

#9 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@yumyumbubblegum said:

Here you go.
Thanks man! Ares is so cool! That's from Dark Reign, isn't it? Have to check that one out for sure.
#10 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Here you go.
Thanks man! Ares is so cool! That's from Dark Reign, isn't it? Have to check that one out for sure.

It's from the Dark Avengers Ares miniseries. I'd also recommend reading the Dark Avengers series that features Ares.

#11 Posted by MoodyKingMoron (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, half the reason I liked Dark Reign and Siege was because of Ares and Bullseye. Great that the Dark Avengers are getting brought back.

As for the topic, I tend to label these kinds of characters as characters I like but don't give enough of a crap about to buy their books.

Cheif among them is Deadpool. Never could get into his stuff, not that I dislike him though.

Another biggie is Superman, again, same reasons as Deadpool.

#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

Just about everyone in Iron Man's Rogue Gallery, the JSA members outside of the original rosters and Kang the Conqueror.

#13 Posted by Volpe (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy. <3

#14 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@MoodyKingMoron said:
Cheif among them is Deadpool. Never could get into his stuff, not that I dislike him though.
If you ever decide to give him a chance, then try his most recent on going volume. I'm always confused by what number is actually is, either 3 or 4, but it starts with Deadpool dealing with a bunch of Skrulls. The art of the comic is awesome, the humor is mostly very entertaining as well and Deadpool has some very cool and genius moments. Unfortunately he is not the badass merc he used to be anymore.
#15 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like any characters I don't know at all.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (26081 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion of Superheroes, i think they are one of the most unique and interesting concepts in comic history, and i've tried time and time again to get into them, but i just can't, there's so much history which is sometimes and sometimes not canon, man do i wanna read some Legion.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chibio: If you want to know Ares this is the only book you need to read
#18 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@Chibio: If you want to know Ares this is the only book you need to read
I was looking for that one, but I simply can't find it. Chibi-O-Pool maaad!
#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

M.O.D.O.K seems like he'd be fun to read. 

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan, Kyle Raynor, and Misfit are the only ones that come to mind. I know the basics but not anything in-depth.

#24 Posted by ethanrjc (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been interested in Dr Strange, Silver Surfer and Ironfist individually, so I'm all over seeing them together in the new Defenders series that just started. I picked up the Defenders issue from the Marvel Vault a few months back and it served as a decent prequel of sorts to the new series as id never read a Defenders comic before. Some characters I've always liked and read about but still don't know their ENTIRE stories are Carnage, Scarlet Spider, Black Panther, Fantomex, and Moonknight. Some of my top favorite characters, but I'm still reading up on em lol.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

Simon Dark

#26 Edited by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom is my favorite villain but I don't know much of his stories except the recent ones. Also the same with Nova and Silver Surfer.

#27 Posted by Mekboy (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

Grifter

Spawn

#28 Posted by jloneblackheart (5490 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter.

#30 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman

#31 Posted by PikminMania (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

Legion of Superheroes

Mandarin

Red Skull

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel

#33 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Captain Marvel

which one?

Shazam or the other?

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:

@Vance Astro said:

Captain Marvel

which one?

Shazam or the other?

Shazam.I'm fairly knowledgeable of the Marvel versions.
#35 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: DC's Cap is awesome.
#36 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion of Superheroes

Batman

Daredevil

Wolverine

#37 Posted by Deadcool (6755 posts) - - Show Bio

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@Chibio said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Here you go.

It's from the Dark Avengers Ares miniseries. I'd also recommend reading the Dark Avengers series that features Ares.

Increible Hercules has an awesome Ares too, but overall, Ares is awesome everywhere...

Increible Hercules
Increible Hercules
Chaos War
Dark Avengers Ares
Dark Avengers Ares
Dark Avengers Ares
Mighty Avengers
New Avengers
Dark Avengers
Ares: One Shot
#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:

Iron Fist

Did you read Brubakers Immortal Iron Fist?
#39 Posted by jloneblackheart (5490 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87
@jloneblackheart said:

Iron Fist

I have read nothing.
Moderator Online
#40 Posted by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, also Bleez. Considering picking up the new Red Lanterns just because she looks so frakkin' cool.

#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
@Vance Astro: DC's Cap is awesome.
It appears so I just haven't gotten around to reading any material, Recommend anything?
#42 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
@spiderbat87
@jloneblackheart said:

Iron Fist

I have read nothing.
Well if you want to get in to the character that's your first port of call
#43 Posted by jloneblackheart (5490 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 I'll check it out. Hopefully it's on Marvel digital by now.
Moderator Online
#44 Posted by Billy Batson (58366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

It appears so I just haven't gotten around to reading any material, Recommend anything?

Power of Hope
Day of Vengeance
The Power of Shazam
Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil
JSA: Black Reign
BB

#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro said:

It appears so I just haven't gotten around to reading any material, Recommend anything?

Power of Hope
Day of Vengeance
The Power of Shazam
Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil
JSA: Black Reign
BB

Thanks.
#46 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Bengal. I like his origin. But I know him only from Avengers: The Initiative. I missed his appereances in Daredevil.

#47 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow.

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@krilling said:
Bengal. I like his origin. But I know him only from Avengers: The Initiative. I missed his appereances in Daredevil.
Daredevil kicked his ass.It's best you remember him as a hero LOL.
#49 Posted by samlacina (1 posts) - - Show Bio

First post yay!

- Ms. Marvel

- Fantomex

That's all I can think of right now....

#50 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@krilling said:
Daredevil kicked his ass.
I thought as much(;