#1 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

A counterpart to Gerald's thread: Which widely popular characters do you hate beyond all reason? 

I'll start: this idiot: 




#2 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops

#3 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Deadpool.
  • Moon Knight.
  • Daken.
  • Fantastic Four.
#4 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Juggernaut
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Deadpool
  • Just about every single anime character
Moderator
#5 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Cyclops"

You haven't read anything with him in, so we can pretend you're joking :P.
#6 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"
  • Juggernaut
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Deadpool
  • Just about every single anime character
"
GASP!!! You hate Thor?!
#7 Posted by Princess Melody (309 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"
  • Just about every single anime character
"
Meanie. XP
#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84520 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"GASP!!! You hate Thor?!"
lol send your hate mail to Aztek the Lost

Princess Melody said:
"Gambler said:
"
  • Just about every single anime character
"
Meanie. XP
"
I said just about. Not all of em :P

Moderator
#9 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:

  • Moon Knight
"
I sorta hate him, Its not that I dislike him...I just dislike the quality of his book.

Gambler
said:

  • Just about every single anime character
"
even Alucard? :O
#10 Posted by Princess Melody (309 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I said just about. Not all of em :P"
Nuance accepted. =]
#11 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"erik said:
"GASP!!! You hate Thor?!"
lol send your hate mail to Aztek the Lost"
You are going to Hel courtesy of Thor's pimp cane. 
#12 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Hulk (well, every Hulk but the grey one)
  • Superman
  • Cyclops
  • Reed Richards
  • Tony Stark
#13 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Despair said:
  • Cyclops
  • Reed Richards
  • Tony Stark.
3/5 of the current most important men in the MU? lol.
#14 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio

1.The Joker

2.The Riddler
3.Jack Hawksmoor
4.Deathstroke
5.Deadpool
6.Venom
7.Carnage
8.Juggernaut
9.Jason Todd
10.Superboy Prime
11.Captain Atom
12.Jean Grey
13.Oracle
14.Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all related characters
15.Bullseye
16.The Killer
17.Lobo
18.Anyone from Bleach
19.Anyone from Avatar the last Airbender
20.Professor X
21.Wildcat
22.Green Arrow
24.Martian Manhunter
25.Thanos
26.Gorilla Grodd
27.Sinestro
28.Canonball
29.Gladiator
30.Master Chief
31.Blackbolt

Yea that's right...I said it!
#15 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Despair said:
  • Cyclops
  • Reed Richards
  • Tony Stark.
3/5 of the current most important men in the MU? lol.
"
See why I hate them? ;) In fact I hate most of the Illuminati with the exception of Black Bolt and being indifferent towards Namor (I know Cyke is not one of them but he could inherit Xavier's seat).
#16 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, definitely the Riddler.  He defines lame.

#17 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Spider-Man
  • Luke Skywalker

These are the only ones I could think of. There aren't a whole lot of characters that everybody likes.
#18 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:

2.The Riddler
3.Jack Hawksmoor
4.Deathstroke
6.Venom
7.Carnage
9.Jason Todd
12.Jean Grey
13.Oracle
15.Bullseye
16.The Killer
17.Lobo
21.Wildcat
22.Green Arrow
27.Sinestro
30.Master Chief


Yea that's right...I said it!
"
You just listed like half of my favorite characters...
#19 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:
"1.The Joker
2.The Riddler
3.Jack Hawksmoor
4.Deathstroke
5.Deadpool
6.Venom
7.Carnage
8.Juggernaut
9.Jason Todd
10.Superboy Prime
11.Captain Atom
12.Jean Grey
13.Oracle
14.Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all related characters
15.Bullseye
16.The Killer
17.Lobo
18.Anyone from Bleach
19.Anyone from Avatar the last Airbender
20.Professor X
21.Wildcat
22.Green Arrow
24.Martian Manhunter
25.Thanos
26.Gorilla Grodd
27.Sinestro
28.Canonball
29.Gladiator
30.Master Chief
31.Blackbolt

Yea that's right...I said it!
"
I actually agree with most of this list except a few:
  1. Jason Todd
  2. Jean Grey
  3. Black Bolt
Everyone else is just fine being on that list in my book. 
#20 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh... I forgot

I HATE WOLVERINE!!!


(at least in his current version, oldschool underdog Wolverine with the mooderate healing factor who got owned by Sabretooth once a year on his birthday was cool)
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:
 
3.Jack Hawksmoor
4.Deathstroke
5.Deadpool
6.Venom
7.Carnage
8.Juggernaut
11.Captain Atom
14.Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all related characters
16.The Killer
17.Lobo
18.Anyone from Bleach
19.Anyone from Avatar the last Airbender
21.Wildcat
25.Thanos
26.Gorilla Grodd
29.Gladiator
Yea that's right...I said it!
"

YEAH!
#22 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
You just listed like half of my favorite characters...
No offense to you Drifter but I don't like alot of those characters and I believe my reasoning for not liking them is good and well thought out.
#23 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4030 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
  • Luke Skywalker
You're right there.  Skywalker has nothing on Mark Hamill's other legendary character:

  

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:
"TheDrifter said:
You just listed like half of my favorite characters...
No offense to you Drifter but I don't like alot of those characters and I believe my reasoning for not liking them is good and well thought out.
"

(He's implying you have a sh!t taste in characters :P).
#25 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Chrome Zillion said:
"TheDrifter said:
You just listed like half of my favorite characters...
No offense to you Drifter but I don't like alot of those characters and I believe my reasoning for not liking them is good and well thought out.
"

(He's implying you have a sh!t taste in characters :P)."
LOL.
#26 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Any reason why you say Jack Hawskmoor? I did'nt know you read Authority.

#27 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and I forgot to say I hate the cast of every Star Wars.The only Star Wars characters I like are Darth Maul and Princess stupid-hair (I mean Leia)

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Hulk
2. Wolverine
3. Hal Jordan (Current Incarnation)
4. Supergirl (Current Incarnation)

Though saying that, i could actually stomach Hulk and Wolverine if it wasn't for the f#$king anoying fanboys

M

#29 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
4. Supergirl (Current Incarnation)
Did you prefer Linda Danvers?
#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
Did you prefer Linda Danvers?

she was alright, personally i'm a Kara Zor-El fan.... but noone really remembers her anymore...

M
#31 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Though saying that, i could actually stomach Hulk and Wolverine if it wasn't for the f#$king anoying fanboys

M
"
I could stand them if they had not become so insanely overpowered.
#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Spider-man
  2. Hulk
  3. Punisher
  4. Deadpool
  5. Fantastic Four
  6. Wolverine (Shame as he was my favorite X-men, old man logan is great though)
so my list is full of marvel characters, that ain't an attack to the company as I love many of it's titles and characters, I just consider these few overated and boring
#33 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Any reason why you say Jack Hawskmoor? I did'nt know you read Authority.
1.His appearance.He's bare-foot in a suit and his feet are his shoes.It's just a lazy character design.
2.His origin story is ridiculous and his powers are creative but don't make any sense to me.
#34 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"
  1. Spider-man
  2. Hulk
  3. Punisher
  4. Deadpool
  5. Fantastic Four
  6. Wolverine (Shame as he was my favorite X-men, old man logan is great though)
so my list is full of marvel characters, that ain't an attack to the company as I love many of it's titles and characters, I just consider these few overated and boring
"
yet you find nothing DC over-rated and boring? :P
#35 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually love Jack Hawksmoor, i think he's one of the most interesting characters in The Authority.... he basically told the President of the USA to go screw himself... that alone gets him points in my book lol

M

#36 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of people seem to dislike the Fantastic Four..any reason?

#37 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think Wolverine belongs in this thread anymore. Everyone jumps all over him with hate so it stands to reason that the majority of people actually hate him and therefore does not fit the criteria of this thread. 

#38 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:
"Alot of people seem to dislike the Fantastic Four..any reason?"

They're dated, lame and generally uninteresting.
#39 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"I do not think Wolverine belongs in this thread anymore. Everyone jumps all over him with hate so it stands to reason that the majority of people actually hate him and therefore does not fit the criteria of this thread. "
As much hate as Sentry gets here..I'm surprised nobody said him yet.I don't think the majority of the vine dislike Wolverine though.There are plenty people who do.He's just named alot because he'[s popular.
#40 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Nighthunter said:
"
  1. Spider-man
  2. Hulk
  3. Punisher
  4. Deadpool
  5. Fantastic Four
  6. Wolverine (Shame as he was my favorite X-men, old man logan is great though)
so my list is full of marvel characters, that ain't an attack to the company as I love many of it's titles and characters, I just consider these few overated and boring
"
yet you find nothing DC over-rated and boring? :P
"
nope, I'm sure there are but can't think of any. I personally like most of the B and C list characters of  DC like Geo-force and Black Lightning than the fan-favorites of Marvel. Though I guess that also applies for Marvel's B and C list to most of their A list characters
#41 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:
"Alot of people seem to dislike the Fantastic Four..any reason?"
Reed: Lame powers and a boring personality. Lately they are really overdoing the "confused scientist" thing with him and I don't like clichés too much. They can be good but not if they are used endlessly.

Sue: First time she showed any hint of character of herself was in Civil War and after Civil War she destroyed everything and went back to her fascistic husband. 'Nuff said.

Johnny: Another cliché, the hotheaded womanizer with fire powers. Get original guys.

Thing: I have to admit I like him. he has something going for him that I can't describe.
#42 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio
Despair said:
"Chrome Zillion said:
"Alot of people seem to dislike the Fantastic Four..any reason?"
Johnny: Another cliché, the hotheaded womanizer with fire powers. Get original guys.

I was ready to agree with you until you said this..who was doing this in comics before Johnny?
#43 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:
"Despair said:
"Chrome Zillion said:
"Alot of people seem to dislike the Fantastic Four..any reason?"
Johnny: Another cliché, the hotheaded womanizer with fire powers. Get original guys.

I was ready to agree with you until you said this..who was doing this in comics before Johnny?
"
Since he is not the only Human Torch there are quite a lot. Toro for example. Or just take a look at the DC universe: Firestorm, the same. And it is not only the thing that there are other characters that do it but the general thought about fire is some hot headed person who has a knack for the ladies. You would be surprised if it were different. So he's meeting all the expectations. (And he stole Alicia from ben, don't think about the retcons and stuff that has been made, he did it on purpose and stabbed his good friend in the back. I have a strong dislike for cheaters)
#44 Posted by Princess Melody (309 posts) - - Show Bio
Despair said:
" I have a strong dislike for cheaters"
Very understandable.
#45 Posted by Feral Nova (46355 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk


&

Superman

:D
#46 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
Feral Nova said:
"Hulk

&

Superman

:D
"
THANKS!!!
#47 Posted by Uchiha Hotaru (1910 posts) - - Show Bio
Despair said:
"Feral Nova said:
"Hulk

&

Superman

:D
"
THANKS!!!
"
:D YOUR WELCOME! ^_^
#48 Posted by Chrome Zillion (368 posts) - - Show Bio
Despair said:
"Chrome Zillion said:
"Despair said:
"Chrome Zillion said:
"Alot of people seem to dislike the Fantastic Four..any reason?"
Johnny: Another cliché, the hotheaded womanizer with fire powers. Get original guys.

I was ready to agree with you until you said this..who was doing this in comics before Johnny?
"
Since he is not the only Human Torch there are quite a lot. Toro for example. Or just take a look at the DC universe: Firestorm, the same. And it is not only the thing that there are other characters that do it but the general thought about fire is some hot headed person who has a knack for the ladies. You would be surprised if it were different. So he's meeting all the expectations. (And he stole Alicia from ben, don't think about the retcons and stuff that has been made, he did it on purpose and stabbed his good friend in the back. I have a strong dislike for cheaters)
So it's ok for DC to have a zillion Green Lanterns but Marvel is un-original for creating Johnny?
You are aware Toro and Jim Hammond are nothing like Johnny personality wise right?
#49 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard the duck

#50 Posted by Despair (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
Chrome Zillion said:
"Despair said:
"Chrome Zillion said:
"Despair said:
"Chrome Zillion said:
"Alot of people seem to dislike the Fantastic Four..any reason?"
Johnny: Another cliché, the hotheaded womanizer with fire powers. Get original guys.

I was ready to agree with you until you said this..who was doing this in comics before Johnny?
"
Since he is not the only Human Torch there are quite a lot. Toro for example. Or just take a look at the DC universe: Firestorm, the same. And it is not only the thing that there are other characters that do it but the general thought about fire is some hot headed person who has a knack for the ladies. You would be surprised if it were different. So he's meeting all the expectations. (And he stole Alicia from ben, don't think about the retcons and stuff that has been made, he did it on purpose and stabbed his good friend in the back. I have a strong dislike for cheaters)
So it's ok for DC to have a zillion Green Lanterns but Marvel is un-original for creating Johnny?
You are aware Toro and Jim Hammond are nothing like Johnny personality wise right?
"
Don't let me get started on the Green lantern issue (or the Lantern issue in general). lol

Who is always the first to rush into battle?