Characters you dislike.....................intensely.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Timandm
@tim2081 said:
@Timandm said:
Iron Man.... He's Dr. Doom lite...  Stabs his friends in the back.. Knowing breaks laws to enforce what 'he' believes is right... Lies to his friends to mislead them into doing what he wants or needs... Ordered all mutants to be confined on the Xavier institute when it was not only unconstitutional, it was morally corrupt...
I believe Cap did that when he opposed the Registration Act when it became law. Actually isn't that what every non-government superhero does. 
I think you mean what every non-government superhero 'DID', yes?  because the Registration Act was repealed by the U.S. President about the same day Siege happened...

Regarding what Cap did...  You can certainly make that argument...  But would you say what Harriet Tubman did was wrong?  She had no rights as a slave, obviously... But how about all the people who worked on the underground railroad to help free slaves when slavery was legal...  Freeing slaves and helping them escape was against the law....  Slavery, however, really was unconstitutional... Slavery violated the constitutional 

Sometime a law is wrong and the right thing to do is to stand up against that law....

HOWEVER, Cap did not LIE to his friends and deceive them into following him or doing what he needed them to do....

Cap did not put people in prison in the Negative Zone because it was out of the jurisdiction of the U.S. government...  Tony Stark basically said to Peter Parker that he could do whatever he wanted to the prisoners in Prison 42 because it was outside the jurisdiction of the constitution...  He BLATANTLY stated it.  he was working around the constitution...

You CAN say Cap broke the law... No doubt...  But he was honest about it, and he stated why he was doing it...  Also, he betrayed NO ONE... Stark betrayed everyone...
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Timandm
@Feliciano2040: How could you tell?  LOL!!!
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Feliciano2040
@Timandm: That post screamed "GOD DAMN PRO-REGISTRATIOOOOOOOOON".

I kinda give Iron Man a pass on that one since Mark Millar basically made the Pro-Registration side seem like complete dicks when they had a valid point.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Timandm
@The Stegman: all i'm saying is, if killing is the first and only thing a "hero" can think of, then the person lacks creativity and the skills necessary to be a hero, and shouldn't be in that line of work

Well, I think we can ALL agree with that...  

Although, I do think there are times when Heroes have no choice...  In the case with Storm, I think she really had no choice...  She ended their suffereing, and gave them death when it was inevitable anyway...
As for taking Skrulls prisoner when they're invading???  I can't see that as a viable option, but I can certainly respect that you'd rather take them prisoner than kill them...

As for capturing Vulcan... Perhaps if Black Bolt felt it would have been possible, he might have tried...  As powerful and ruthless as Vulcan was, it's hard to imagine how the Inhumans could have pulled it off without the loss of MANY lives.
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By biggkeem89

I hate Superman. Always have

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Wise Son
@Timandm: No smurfin' idea.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Timandm: i agree storm had no other choice, but i think it's a bad example, it's like if someone was in a car crash and is bleeding out, they would die in a matter of minutes, and if the person with them saw they were in pain, and killed them, then yes, i agree, the people were gonna die regardless of what storm could have done, but i guess we'll have to agree to disagree, the ONLY example i can think of where killing is necessary is if you are fighting an IMMENSELY powerful force like Galactus or Anti Monitor and they can't be imprisoned and thretens to destroy everything, then i will admit, killing them is the only option  
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i may also add, i find it funny that i'm on the "no killing" side, with Aang as my my avatar....

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Timandm
@Feliciano2040 said:
@Timandm: That post screamed "GOD DAMN PRO-REGISTRATIOOOOOOOOON".  I kinda give Iron Man a pass on that one since Mark Millar basically made the Pro-Registration side seem like complete dicks when they had a valid point.
Yes, complete dicks!

Consider what Stark told Cloud 9 to force her to join... She was only 15 (and probably still is...)  She pointed out that the law didn't apply to minors and he says, "Yes but that can change..."   um.. SO FREAKING WHAT?  So it can change.  Until it DOES it is NOT the law and cannot be enforced.

Remember when Spider-Man decided to leave Stark's employment...  May and M.J. left first, and then Spider-Man tried to leave...  Stark ordered his people to arrest Spider-Man.... Um.. On WHAT charge?!?!  Peter Parker HAD registered... He had violated NO LAWS... The ONLY thing he did was, try to leave Stark Towers... So WHAT was he being arrested for?

And hiring CRIMINALS to track down heroes?  REALLY???  How did he justify that?

Depowering She-Hulk (almost immediately after sleeping with her)...  She had broken NO LAWS... He depowered her simply because she disagreed with his having shot her cousin into space... What gave him the legal right to do that?

A leader, doing WHATEVER he wants because he can....  Doom Lite....
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage - He went from dressing like a pimp to a dad on vacation. What a jive turkey. 
Clint Barton - He can't decide if he wants to be Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Goliath, Ronin or Hawkeye. 
Captain America - Apparently he makes no moral misjudgments and if he had, he felt regret when a story required it.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Timandm
@Wise Son said:
@Timandm: No smurfin' idea.
Well, it's definitely smurfed up...  Maybe that's what the big S on his chest stood for... "Smurfed Up"
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Timandm
@sesquipedalophobe said:
Luke Cage - He went from dressing like a pimp to an dad on vacation. What a jive turkey.  Clint Barton - He can't decide if he wants to be Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Goliath, Ronin or Hawkeye.  Captain America - Apparently he makes no moral misjudgments and if he had, he felt regret when a story required it.
Um... Luke used to war a FREAKING TIARA!!!!  My daughters wear Tiara's when they're playing PRINCESS....  A man in the Bronx wearing a TIARA?  REALLY?  I gotta disagree with you on this one, I think he looks MUCH better without the Tiara...

Clint Barton... Yeah, it wouldn't bother me if he were retired from the pages of Comic books... Him and Hawkeye and Ronin and Goliath and whoever else is in then...

Cap... I gotta admit, he's gotten on my nerves  a few times looking down his nose from his high horse as if he knows all and is always right...
Dungeoneering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Dungeoneering

Captain America, and Mac Gargan Venom. Thoose people make me sick.
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Feliciano2040
@Timandm said:
Yes, complete dicks!  Consider what Stark told Cloud 9 to force her to join... She was only 15 (and probably still is...)  She pointed out that the law didn't apply to minors and he says, "Yes but that can change..."   um.. SO FREAKING WHAT?  So it can change.  Until it DOES it is NOT the law and cannot be enforced.

Remember when Spider-Man decided to leave Stark's employment...  May and M.J. left first, and then Spider-Man tried to leave...  Stark ordered his people to arrest Spider-Man.... Um.. On WHAT charge?!?!  Peter Parker HAD registered... He had violated NO LAWS... The ONLY thing he did was, try to leave Stark Towers... So WHAT was he being arrested for?

And hiring CRIMINALS to track down heroes?  REALLY???  How did he justify that?

Depowering She-Hulk (almost immediately after sleeping with her)...  She had broken NO LAWS... He depowered her simply because she disagreed with his having shot her cousin into space... What gave him the legal right to do that?  A leader, doing WHATEVER he wants because he can....  Doom Lite....

I love how you call him Doom Lite with such spite ! It's hilarious !

Your first two points I would argue as mistakes by the writers, Millar and Straczynski correspondingly (I think), it's obvious that Iron Man couldn't tell Cloud 9 to join, as well as chasing Spider-Man, yet he did, though one COULD say that Spider-Man was a possible dissident and aid to the cause of the rebels, and as such he needed to be arrested..................I think.

Third point ? Well, those were thunderbolts mostly, nothing out of the ordinary there.

I won't comment on point four since I kinda lost myself on that gap between Planet Hulk and Civil War.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Timandm
@Feliciano2040: I could see him worrying that Spider-Man would become a dissident, but he attacked Spider-Man before he had even left Stark Towers... He literally had done NOTHING against the law.  Detaining him for questioning would be one thing, but Stark specifically ordered him arrested...  But again, arresting him because he was a POTENTIAL dissident?  Sounds like communism back in the 50's...

Regarding the 'mistake by the writers.'  I think most of the things that happen in comic story lines that we don't like could be written off as mistakes by writers...  Not just bad storylines, but characters acting out of character...  Unfortunately, the story did happen and that is what we have to judge the character on...

The She-Hulk thing....  She wanted to 'talk' to Stark...  When he heard that she was was about to talk about the Illuminati shooting Banner into space, he shot her with a repulsor blast...  Note, he did this so that those standing around would not hear the truth... That was the ONLY reason... He shot her to stop the truth from being heard... But when she got back up, and started fighting, he shot her with S.P.I.N tech that depowered her...  to STOP her from telling everyone the truth...  She made an interesting comment before he did depower her...
No Caption Provided
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Sissel

Cyclops for being a douche.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By cosmo111687

Although I don't outright despise any character, the ones I really don't like are: 

1. The Punisher
  2. Iron Man
  3. Hal Jordan
  4. Xorn
  5. Black Mask
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
  • Jean Grey
  • Namor
  • Current Wolverine (aka 2000s+)
  • Hal Jordan
  • Red Hulk
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Feliciano2040
@FadeToBlackBolt: It's almost unfathomable how anyone CANNOT hate Hal Jordan.

@cosmo111687 said:

The Punisher

Noooooooo !

I think anyone who hates The Punisher URGENTLY needs to read both Punisher runs from Garth Ennis, the Marvel Knights one, as well as MAX.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#70  Edited By turoksonofstone
cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#71  Edited By cosmo111687
@Feliciano2040 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt: It's almost unfathomable how anyone CANNOT hate Hal Jordan.

@cosmo111687 said:

The Punisher

Noooooooo !  I think anyone who hates The Punisher URGENTLY needs to read both Punisher runs from Garth Ennis, the Marvel Knights one, as well as MAX.
Haha. :) Well, that's what I hear. So I'll give it a shot some time. :)
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Feliciano2040: So very true.
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Feliciano2040
@cosmo111687: You should, it's one of the best runs I've had the pleasure to read in my life.

Although, it probably won't change anyone's mind if one really hates The Punisher for what he does.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By _Zombie_

Spider-Man.  Don't get me wrong, there is some really deep storytelling in the Spider-Man mythos, but I HATE his powers.  And the movies could of been an influence on this, but I hate Spidey's powers.  And the fact that because of him, one of the worst Marvel story arcs of all time* was spawned.  Hawk-Man is pretty bad too, as I just don't get the point to him.  Like someone said in the first page of the thread, the Nth metal lets him fly, but he still uses artificial wings.  And I don't so much hate Hal, as I strongly prefer Kyle over him.

*Said story arc being the Clone Saga -shudder-

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By _Zombie_
@cosmo111687Feliciano2040 is right about the MAX series.  Especially Ennis's run on it.  Even the ones after Ennis left were pretty good.
firewrkninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By firewrkninja

Superman because if you don't have kryptonite or are stronger than him, he is basically invincible
and having an invincible character takes away the danger and suspense
no danger and suspense = me not liking the character
 actually i don't really like most of dc (i like batman and a few others) because they seem so overpowered and therefore boring

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By Kallarkz

One thing is for sure..the battle forums section on this site really gets people hating some characters. 

The 2 characters i hated most were Batman and Spider-man. For some reason I just couldn't stand them but that was because I never gave them a chance. Now they are among the characters that I most appreciate and read about. I think it's just first impressions on characters can last a very long time. And fanboys can really kill the experience of trying to get into a character.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#78  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Billy Batson said:

Captain America and Wolverine. Hardly likable if you're not from the U.S. Read half of a Wolverine book. Never again.  

BB

Wolverine is Canadian.

Just saying.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By _Zombie_

Oh wait, I forgot Cyclops.  The douchebag X-Men "leader".  He's a terrible father and husband, and an asshole of a leader who's a general stuck-up d**k.

sputnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sputnik

supergirl. irritatingly annoying.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Timandm said:
@sesquipedalophobe said:
Luke Cage - He went from dressing like a pimp to an dad on vacation. What a jive turkey.  Clint Barton - He can't decide if he wants to be Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Goliath, Ronin or Hawkeye.  Captain America - Apparently he makes no moral misjudgments and if he had, he felt regret when a story required it.
Um... Luke used to war a FREAKING TIARA!!!!  My daughters wear Tiara's when they're playing PRINCESS....  A man in the Bronx wearing a TIARA?  REALLY?  I gotta disagree with you on this one, I think he looks MUCH better without the Tiara...
Boxers take ballet so they can fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Frankly, the tiara is more frightening than a skin-tight shirt and jeans. I would fear the tiara, and it would make me respect someone who is pummeling me.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#82  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Superman Prime. Ridiculously overpowered and a giant cry baby.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#83  Edited By Billy Batson

oh yeah I read another Wolverine book. Didn't like it. 

@JediXMan
said:
@Billy Batson said:

Captain America and Wolverine. Hardly likable if you're not from the U.S. Read half of a Wolverine book. Never again.  

BB

Wolverine is Canadian.  Just saying.

I know. Should have clarify that the first sentence was only for Cap, eh? I find Wolverine as a mindless raging idiot.

BB

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Well, for starters....

1. Daken, this guy is total yaoi fangirl bait.  He's half japanese, he's emo and angsty, he's got the dumb tattoos the mohawk, and he's into guys.  That's a powder keg of bad fan fiction if I've ever seen it.  We have X-23, she's great.

2. Storm, I never understood all the hype behind her.  I get that she's powerful, but she's not the invincible goddess that people make her out to be.  She seems very arrogant and irritating.

3. Wonder Woman, I get it, she's an important character but she just seems so flat and uninteresting.  She's kind of dull.  I actually find Power Girl to be more interesting, she's sort of an underdog character, she has to deal with being compared to Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Superman.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Shadowdoggy

Jean Grey

she's literally become a sacred cow and it's sort of disgusting

fine- everyone loved the X-Men animated series- we get it

that was like 15 years ago, let's get over it and move on to current and relevant things.....

Dungeoneering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dungeoneering
@cosmo111687

Why Iron Man? :(
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Timandm
@sesquipedalophobe said:
@Timandm said:
@sesquipedalophobe said:
Boxers take ballet so they can fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Frankly, the tiara is more frightening than a skin-tight shirt and jeans. I would fear the tiara, and it would make me respect someone who is pummeling me.
Well...
1: Taking Ballet is a good thing and definitely improves one's physical performance...  Male athletes have been doing it for years...  But they don't wear Tutu's in public...  Actually, I HOPE they don't wear Tutu's in class either... but to each his own...

2: Fearing a man wearing a Tiara in public?  Um... You're probably right... LOL!!!!!   I stand corrected.
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#88  Edited By Kairan1979
@Timandm

You CAN say Cap broke the law... No doubt...  But he was honest about it, and he stated why he was doing it...  Also, he betrayed NO ONE... Stark betrayed everyone...

You are wrong about Cap betraying no one. Steve betrayed everybody who believed in him and followed him when he surrendered.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Timandm
@Kairan1979 said:
@Timandm

You are wrong about Cap betraying no one. Steve betrayed everybody who believed in him and followed him when he surrendered.
They may have disagreed with his decision, even hated it... But he didn't do it in secret... He didn't do it behind their backs...  He didn't lie about doing it....
Tony's decisions and actions were mostly done in the dark, in secret...  If he'd have been up front and honest about his actions, I would still have disagreed with them, but wouldn't see him as betraying his friends and followers...

See where I'm coming from?
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#90  Edited By Gambit1024
@Kairan1979, @Timandm 

That's a really good debate. I might actually have to reread Civil War now, lol. 
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#91  Edited By PowerHerc

Cyclops.

Gambit.

Bishop.

Lobo.

Daken.

MiraTheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MiraTheGoddess

Cyclops. He's turned the X-Men into a Militia.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#93  Edited By Aiden Cross

Hawkgirl

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Jeronimo

I actually used to somewhat like Suprerman until I saw the rabbid fanboyism here and elsewhere. Apparently, after enough sundipping, Supes will KO the Presensce, I suppose.

Mr Mxy is the lamest excuse for a character I can think of, period!!! I want to puke just thinking about him.  

One shot 'em both and be done with it! 

No Caption Provided
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By JCJQLB

Storm
 Storm

Emma
Emma
Comik Book Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#96  Edited By Comik Book Guy

I cannot stand Deadpool and people's love of him. He was alright until people started loving him and now everyone writes him as one of the most unstoppable characters in the Marvel Universe. 

No Caption Provided
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Feliciano2040
@Comik Book Guy: Yeah, people just love him WAY too much.
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daken
wolverine
mephisto
phoenix

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#99  Edited By harleyquinn12

Believe it or not, Spider-Man.It's not that I really hate him but, the constant banter in the face of danger gets annoying really quickly.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100  Edited By Deranged Midget

X-23 and Emma Frost.