#1 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk about characters you feel as just downright terrible, more importantly, explain why.

Mine ?

I simply feel Amadeus Cho infantilizes everything he touches, a lot of people like his adventures with Hercules, but the ones I've read of him with The Hulk are just irritating, I can't help but dislike him..........intensely.
#2 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and Gambit

#3 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
F%^ing Hate Them Both 
#4 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America and Wolverine. Hardly likable if you're not from the U.S. Read half of a Wolverine book. Never again.  

BB

#5 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman
#6 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

Captain America and Wolverine. Hardly likable if you're not from the U.S. Read half of a Wolverine book. Never again.  

BB

I dislike Captain America, but wolverine ? You can hate Marvel if it's about the overexposure.

@TheRedRobin said:
Superman

Dude, why ?

And remember one of the rules of the topic ! Explaining !
#7 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040:  

It's not the overexposure. He just didn't appeal to me. 

BB

#8 Posted by misternegative (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I myself am not a huge fan of Hawkman 
His character is confusing, his powers are nonsensical (its the metal that allows flight, and yet he has artificial wings?) and he just has never struck me as that interesting.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32863 posts) - - Show Bio

STORM, I dont know shes just so...so... snobby 

#10 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely abhor X-23, and Daken.  I hate it how you take an original character, Wolverine, and decide to just make constant little copies of him because his popularity will make them popular.  They lack originality to me, and it angers me that people can get away with such intellectual laziness.

#11 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash, Zoom, Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch... and pretty much any other overpowered character.

#12 Edited by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

All anime characters...Just kidding,not really sure which characters I dislike Intensely, I guess most character with the American Flag as part of their costume.

#13 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: Oh I can perfectly understand the hate Wolverine gets, it's an easy character to get wrong when in wrong hands.
#14 Posted by jloneblackheart (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dormammu: I thought for sure your answer would be Dr. Strange o_O

#15 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl.

#16 Posted by Dormammu (1248 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:

@Dormammu: I thought for sure your answer would be Dr. Strange o_O

Ha... I figured someone was going to say that.
#17 Edited by thesilverbeatle (645 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of DC characters

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32863 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
Power Girl.
Whats wrong with PG?
#19 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesilverbeatle said:

A lot of DC characters

Same here (especially Batman lol), although there are a couple I'm giving a serious shot. :]

#20 Posted by thesilverbeatle (645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon:

haha actually same here

#21 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87:

The size of her boobs. :P

but in all seriousness, I don't really know WHAT I hate about the character....something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

STORM

BB

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
  I absolutely abhor X-23, and Daken.  I hate it how you take an original character, Wolverine, and decide to just make constant little copies of him because his popularity will make them popular.  They lack originality to me, and it angers me that people can get away with such intellectual laziness.

this reminds me of a marvelous captain :p

BB

#24 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson:  Woah, woah, woah, that Marvelous Captain is amazing.  xD  Besides, the only thing he shares with that Flying Super is super strength, speed, reactions, dah dah da.  No intellectual Laziness with his character.
#25 Posted by okayla (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Believe it or not -- current Tim Drake. 

I've always felt he's a bit of a well, Gary Stu to be honest -- a secret genius sort of a child, clearly a self-insert not made for me. But I did enjoy his early Robin run quite a bit! I thought it was fun, and I enjoyed the dyanmic of him juggling an everyday life with his Batlife, and hiding it and dealing with the consequences. For me, the best Tim was sneaking into his window at 3am after dodging kisses from Stephanie Brown. Then they killed his parents, gave him a nervous breakdown, and turned him into a COMPLETE jerk without much of a personality. 

I went from vague fondness to complete hate. Whenever he shows up in a comic lately, be it Teen Titans or Batman Inc, everyone is apparently falling over themselves because Tim is the smartest and greatest. The Titans blow off Cass's leadership because Tim knows best, Bruce is giving Tim a SUPER SPECIAL SECRET PLAN, and he's generally skipping around being superior and acting like a -- er, let's not say it. The only one that's been immune to it was Steph when she gave him a roundhouse slap in her book, and Damian's occasional humorous snap.   

I was so pleased when his solo was gone, though I know I would not want the same feeling for my favourite books. But now I know that Teen Titans is basically confirmed to be yet another Tim Drake Show book. Blah. :\

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
@Billy Batson:  Woah, woah, woah, that Marvelous Captain is amazing.  xD  Besides, the only thing he shares with that Flying Super is super strength, speed, reactions, dah dah da.  No intellectual Laziness with his character.

I agree but I disagree with this part.---------------------------------------------------------^ 

When is the last time something happened to him? 

BB

#27 Edited by TheMightyAvenger (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm - I just don't like her. 
Hulk - Don't get me wrong, I think Hulk's concept of Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde is interesting but the problem is that I just find him to annoying with all that "Hulk smash !" crap. 
She-Hulk - Same as Storm. 
Jean Grey - Dies way to often.  
There's more but I can't remember right now.

#28 Posted by Westlife (1798 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk and his incarnations. Scottlops. Dr. Strange's Morals. Superman. Doomsday. Batman. Aquaman. Namor. And lately, Bishop.

#29 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson:  Okay, I meant no intellectual laziness with his creation, my bad on that part.  As for anything happening with him, I blame it on the Didiot and his hate for the Marvelous family.  If I met the Didiot in a dark alley... well... let's just say, it won't be pretty.
#30 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson:  Lol, most definitely~  The Didiot would regret walking down that alley, on that day.  
#32 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
Storm - I don't find the concept of her character interesting and her fanboys have driven me into hate. 

Damian Wayne - I don't like the fact that Batman's only biological son is a freaking jerk and gets the mantle as Robin. 

Flag-Smasher - Kind of a minor character... Isn't shown all that often, but... a Swiss Terrorist who hate Nationalism?! That's sounds like a joke on Switzerland... Plus, his costume reminds me of Space Ghost and the mace is an odd extension to his character.

The Joker - For the most part, he strikes me as a huge middle-finger to the Government's justice system (like the guy who spilt McDonalds coffee on himself and won millions)... He's not very funny most of the time, and he gets far more respect than he deserves from his fanbase.
#33 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain America you're suppose to be a reflection of America. I guess that's why I don't like you. Well that and I don't like how Marvel had T'Challa playing second fiddle to you in the Avengers. Other than that you just rub me the wrong way.  

Superman, you and your offshoots are the epitome of PIS. "Superman always wins." "He never loses." "He's holding back." They say it so much I'm convinced it's the truth. You overpowered megalomaniac you don't know how bad I wanted you to stay dead. I'm glad Kypton was blown to bits. I wish you had died in transit to Earth and your remains were sucked into a black hole. You are the reason I hate the battle forums. You and you alone. You suck Superman, you really really do. I could go on for pages but I'm not going to waste anymore time on you.

Sentry you retconned the MU. The mere fact that you beat Molecule Man is reason enough to hate you and Bendis.  

Flash, Zoom, Kid Flash, etc. I hate you all. You guys are the second worst offenders in the battle forums. Effing speed blitz is apparently all you need to win a fight. Ohh and don't forget Zoom stops time and  Flash ran around the earth in a fraction of a frog piss. I have developed a hatred for you through this site alone. That's saying something.

Scarlett Witch.... Do I need to really justify this with an explanation. 

There are some more. I'll get to them later. 
#34 Posted by RisingBean (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

Derivitive characters: Mostly DC though X-23 and Daken are Marvel examples. What makes Superman special when there is Superboy and Supergirl running around? Doesn't the Flash family or GL of the decade screw things up, specially when your favorite flash or GL is replaced with somebody else during the next big "nothing will ever be the same storyline"? It's irksome to me.  

Joker: Treated like the greatest bad guy ever, this guy should be dead and I don't even blame him. I blame the weak society that allows him to live.  I don't hate hm so much as I think he is very overated.

Magician. Probably the single worst thing to happen to the Ultimate X-men short of Colossus' drug habit. He can do anything at whim it seems. the finale to his arc left me annoyed.  

Any character Jeph Loeb turns into a one dimensional cliche'. worst hack writer employed today in my opinion.
#35 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio

A LOT of Marvel characters...but here's my top three 

1. Emma Frost, she's a bitchy, annoying, rude, elitist who keeps claiming she wants to "make scott proud" and "be a true hero" yet she still has secret meetings with super villains, harbors supervillains underneath Utopia, and has "secret encounters" with Namor, she's vain, stuck up and reminds me of all the queen bees in high school that you wanted to push down a hill 

2. Daken....alot of the same reasons as Emma actually, rude, bitchy (although i guess the man equivalent to this is jerky) who is basically a boring carbon copy of Logan (power wise at least)  

3. Punisher, this one is my personal preference, but i don't believe a hero should kill...at all, he calls it "justice" but what he's doing is just committing crimes, if he existed in the real world, he'd be on the America's most wanted list, he's not a hero, just a psychopath with a gun

#36 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick "Mo'Fu***n'" Grayson" 

How do people like this guy? He was Robin in like the 50's or something. IDK. I just don't understand why people like him so much. And then the guy replaced Batman for a really long ass time. Almost ruined the ENTIRE comic for me. Keep the dude as Nightwing or whatever and leave it at that. 

#37 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man....
He's Dr. Doom lite...

Stabs his friends in the back..
Knowing breaks laws to enforce what 'he' believes is right...
Lies to his friends to mislead them into doing what he wants or needs...
Ordered all mutants to be confined on the Xavier institute when it was not only unconstitutional, it was morally corrupt...

#38 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040
Oh sorry well i dont like reading him in things other than crossovers because hes way too overpowered.
#39 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wise Son: Sentry beat the Molecule Man?
#40 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: I don't think The Punisher would ever call himself a hero...

I have to ask, do you really think a hero should NEVER kill?  Under ANY circumstances?
#41 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm: yes but some call him a hero and i don't like that, and yes, under no circumstance should a hero kill, there is always another way
#42 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Punisher IS a psycho with a gun.

#43 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
Iron Man.... He's Dr. Doom lite...  Stabs his friends in the back.. Knowing breaks laws to enforce what 'he' believes is right... Lies to his friends to mislead them into doing what he wants or needs... Ordered all mutants to be confined on the Xavier institute when it was not only unconstitutional, it was morally corrupt...
I believe Cap did that when he opposed the Registration Act when it became law. Actually isn't that what every non-government superhero does. 
#44 Edited by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRedRobin: Don't worry man ! I'm just telling you to let it all out....................................even if I frikkin love Superman !

@The Stegman said:

Punisher, this one is my personal preference, but i don't believe a hero should kill...at all, he calls it "justice" but what he's doing is just committing crimes, if he existed in the real world, he'd be on the America's most wanted list, he's not a hero, just a psychopath with a gun

That's exactly the point of why he's so awesome, if you get a chance, read Punisher (MAX) by Garth Ennis.

@timandm said:

Stabs his friends in the back..
Knowing breaks laws to enforce what 'he' believes is right...
Lies to his friends to mislead them into doing what he wants or needs...
Ordered all mutants to be confined on the Xavier institute when it was not only unconstitutional, it was morally corrupt...

You kinda hated him in Civil War didn't cha' ?
#45 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feliciano2040: i'll give it a shot, but i doubt i'll like it, i've read a few things with punisher in it and none of them made me change my views on him, i mean most heroes are vigilantes, but he takes it too far, i don't like him or characters like him...like Jason Todd..although i like Todd more cause he's funnier
#46 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm
That's some good ol' fashion PIS right there. 
#47 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Timandm: yes but some call him a hero and i don't like that, and yes, under no circumstance should a hero kill, there is always another way
Okay, well...
- Black Bolt killed Vulcan in War of Kings...  Vulcan was extremely powerful and would not have stopped until he'd wiped out or subjugated the rest of the galaxy.  Was Black Bolt wrong for killing Vulcan?

-Storm has killed a couple of times.  The last time she killed a number of people who were being used by Vampires.  This was in 'Curse of the Mutants' teamup with Gambit and Storm...  I believe the people were connected to tubes and machines and being drained/used to feed the vampires and there might have been another purpose...  She could not free them... It was either kill them or leave them to their fate with the Vampires...  Was she wrong?

- Colossus killed Riptide when the Mauraders were slaughtering the Morlocks...  Riptide could spin extremely fast and hurl sharp objects and debris faster than hurricane force winds.  People were dying around Colossus, and he himself was on the verge of collapse from injuries... He snapped Riptide's neck.. Was he wrong to do so?

- The Skrull Invasion...  It was the super heroes that saved earth and they did this by KILLING the Skrull, NOT capturing them.  What do you think, should they have found another way?

- The Brood...  They breed by implanting their eggs in host organisms... The host always dies..  The X-Men have killed MANY Brood...  Were they wrong to do so?

Never killing under ANY circumstance would be a near impossible line for any hero to walk... At least, I think so...
#48 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wise Son: um... How the SMURF could Sentry do that???  I mean other than the writer doing a piss poor job?  What title was that from?
#49 Edited by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@tim2081: Indeed it is, that's why thirty years ago we had a little indie title called Watchmen !

@The Stegman: I won't tell you what to or what to not like, but usually people who enjoy reading Punisher don't identify with his ideals, sh*t, you should hear Punisher's opinion on what he thinks of his "crusade".
#50 Edited by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm:  

Okay, well... 
- Black Bolt killed Vulcan in War of Kings...  Vulcan was extremely powerful and would not have stopped until he'd wiped out or subjugated the rest of the galaxy.  Was Black Bolt wrong for killing Vulcan? 

-Storm has killed a couple of times.  The last time she killed a number of people who were being used by Vampires.  This was in 'Curse of the Mutants' teamup with Gambit and Storm...  I believe the people were connected to tubes and machines and being drained/used to feed the vampires and there might have been another purpose...  She could not free them... It was either kill them or leave them to their fate with the Vampires...  Was she wrong? 

- Colossus killed Riptide when the Mauraders were slaughtering the Morlocks...  Riptide could spin extremely fast and hurl sharp objects and debris faster than hurricane force winds.  People were dying around Colossus, and he himself was on the verge of collapse from injuries... He snapped Riptide's neck.. Was he wrong to do so? 

- The Skrull Invasion...  It was the super heroes that saved earth and they did this by KILLING the Skrull, NOT capturing them.  What do you think, should they have found another way? 

- The Brood...  They breed by implanting their eggs in host organisms... The host always dies..  The X-Men have killed MANY Brood...  Were they wrong to do so? 

Never killing under ANY circumstance would be a near impossible line for any hero to walk... At least, I think so..

1. i read bits of war of kings and admit vulcan was bad, and it reminded me of Superboy prime and his little tirad, however at the end of Infinite crisis, they did NOT kill superboy prime but suppressed his powers and kept him imprisoned, they could have done the same to vulcan, or even put him in an artificial coma 

2. if i remember the storm thing correctly, it was a lose-lose situation, if she would have left them there, they would have died, if she would have saved them by pulling the plug or killing the vampires, they would have died, there was literally no way she could have saved them, she didn't HAVE to kill them, they were technically already dead. 

3. if Colossus could get close enough to Riptide to snap his neck, he could have easily just knocked him out with one punch, not kill him 

4. they could have captured the skrulls, and put them into the negative zone, or one of the other high tech prisons 

5, again, they could have defeated the brood without killing them, imprisoned them, kept them there. 

all i'm saying is, if killing is the first and only thing a "hero" can think of, then the person lacks creativity and the skills necessary to be a hero, and shouldn't be in that line of work