Characters That Deserve a Buff

• 64 results
pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Remember the good old days where character x could beat character y, but now x gets stomped by a flick? Well this is a thread for naming any characters you think really deserve to be more powerful than they currently are. I myself think that the Thing deserves to be stronger, he used to be able to stalemate Hulk and now he gets one shotted by a backhand from him. He has one of the best personalities in comics but his power levels just aren't up there with the big guys any more. Anyway, discuss.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

thor

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By YIFY

darkseid

I don't think Darkseid needs a buff, I just think he needs to stop Jobbing.

-yify

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yify: he doesn't really job that much only when he does job it is a memorable one especially when it involves dc's poster boy icon

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yify: he doesn't really job that much only when he does job it is a memorable one especially when it involves dc's poster boy icon

Don't remind me xD

-yify

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's al Ghul. Seriously. The guy used to be able to stalemate batman for literally hours on end, now he gets beat by Batman in a few panels, and later on he gets beat by Nightwing in a few panels as well. Ra's is not even a threat anymore.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Thing oh so very much, he was used so often just too show of how strong a character is, that you can't even use him for that anymore, because everyone thinks he is weak anyway.

Killer Croc, a lot of Batman villains actually, but Croc more so than anyone else

Dormammu isn't exactly what he used to be anymore

Taskmaster

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dazzler - though I'm still curious as to how amped she would be if she absorbed Black Bolt's scream.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Masker

@jayc1324 said:

Ra's al Ghul. Seriously. The guy used to be able to stalemate batman for literally hours on end, now he gets beat by Batman in a few panels, and later on he gets beat by Nightwing in a few panels as well. Ra's is not even a threat anymore.

agree

and Killer Croc too

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing oh so very much, he was used so often just too show of how strong a character is, that you can't even use him for that anymore, because everyone thinks he is weak anyway.

Killer Croc

Dormammu isn't exactly what he used to be anymore

Taskmaster

It's simple. . . .We give the Croc a rock.

-yify

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

galactus

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

• Bane - Used to be able to take Bruce to the limit like none other but has been all over the place since the New 52 reboot
  • Riddler - Just a product of not many writers being good at utilizing him, Snyder did good work with him in Savage City though
  • GotG - A group of intelligent and powerful heroes under Abnett that have turned into a group of bumbling wannabes under Bendis...a travesty of character handling
  • Green Goblin - He used to be Spidey's biggest threat but he got absolutely manhandled by Peter in their last encounter. Maybe he'll be a bigger threat now that he isn't bat-sh*t crazy anymore? I hope so.
  • Thing - I've no love lost for the FF, but Thing is almost laughably weaker than everyone else in terms of overall power these days. Sure Hulk was a lot weaker when they used to square off, but he still should get a slight pump.

Honestly plenty of Batman and Spider-Man rogues seemed to get outgrown by their hero. Both rogues' galleries could use a pump.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 SC  Moderator

Heh heh when I saw thread title, I came in here to say Benji Grimm. I don't think he needs it, but character wise he deserves it. I also think Ares deserves one, and would work better story wise with it. Nova, Firelord and Airwalker, should be on the level of other Heralds. Wasp, X-Men's first female turned into the Phoenix, Fantastic Four's first female turned into the groups most powerful character, Avengers first female character can… make a casual reference to Scarlet Witch's "dead kids" and warp reality? Well not exactly… Warriors Three, Sif, Balder and Valkyrie. Abomination and the Wrecking Crew.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Bane - Used to be able to take Bruce to the limit like none other but has been all over the place since the New 52 reboot
  • Riddler - Just a product of not many writers being good at utilizing him, Snyder did good work with him in Savage City though
  • GotG - A group of intelligent and powerful heroes under Abnett that have turned into a group of bumbling wannabes under Bendis...a travesty of character handling
  • Green Goblin - He used to be Spidey's biggest threat but he got absolutely manhandled by Peter in their last encounter. Maybe he'll be a bigger threat now that he isn't bat-sh*t crazy anymore? I hope so.
  • Thing - I've no love lost for the FF, but Thing is almost laughably weaker than everyone else in terms of overall power these days. Sure Hulk was a lot weaker when they used to square off, but he still should get a slight pump.

Honestly plenty of Batman and Spider-Man rogues seemed to get outgrown by their hero. Both rogues' galleries could use a pump.

This. I don't think there are too many heroes that need to be buffed, but their villains for sure. Green Goblin is one of my favorite villains, and I don't see him as a threat anymore, especially after his last encounter with Peter. Sure, he played Otto throughout Superior Spider-Man, but the second Peter came back Osborn got stomped. Hopefully in the newer series he'll pose an actual threat to Peter.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

A pretty large amount of Batman villains. Ra's al Ghul is someone who's already been mentioned, if this guy is hundreds of years old then he should have a lot of fighting experience yet he's hardly a challenge.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

CuteLittleCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man. Make him bulletproof alredy!

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

Heh heh when I saw thread title, I came in here to say Benji Grimm. I don't think he needs it, but character wise he deserves it. I also think Ares deserves one, and would work better story wise with it. Nova, Firelord and Airwalker, should be on the level of other Heralds. Wasp, X-Men's first female turned into the Phoenix, Fantastic Four's first female turned into the groups most powerful character, Avengers first female character can… make a casual reference to Scarlet Witch's "dead kids" and warp reality? Well not exactly… Warriors Three, Sif, Balder and Valkyrie. Abomination and the Wrecking Crew.

I agree w/ most of this. I also think the Asgardians and Olympians should get a buff too. Most Asgardians are high street level or low mid tier.

Emperor777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chazz85

Galactcus he gets beat up by every minor cosmic threat literally if a evil version of arm fall off boy with a stick ran into him galactcus is going down he's a mighty world eater ffs he should be tough. Thor he's tough but needs FTL feats. Darksiede just let him kill superman we know he can. Beerus goku will beat him by ep30 of dbsuper soon he needs to be better. Ra's Al Ghaul he should be able to beat batman the hole league of assassins/shadows i forget should be a powerfull force,remember tower of babel? How about some of that ra's should be a feared force.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right on the money as usual. Though what I'd like to see more these days are intelligent plots. A lot of villains and heroes don't need so much a buff but a good writer who can utilize what those characters have in intelligent and believable ways.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iceman and teen iceman

teen jean grey

teen angel

iron man

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid

He literally amped himself last issue.

regie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Grayson/Jason Todd should surpass Batman one day.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor at least need to make him fight smarter he has all this power an knowledge but rarely use them effectively

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Apocalypse, and anyone else who jobs a lot.

Also would like to see the Wrecking Crew get a buff. I remember the days when they beat the sh*t outta Hercules and gave him nightmares. Then they turned into jokes I guess.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man. Make him bulletproof alredy!

Spider-Man doesn't need to be bulletproof because bullets can't even touch him with Spider-Sense + reflexes. Plus, if he ever loses the Spider-Sense or feels lazy he can just wear the Spider Armor MK II.

No Caption Provided

I wouldn't mind see Peter gaining his The Other powers again though.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the 3 Summer brothers should be on equal footing.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Falco

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ThePieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ThePieter

Iceman

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sabretooth

Shocker

Taskmaster

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Flash and Batman need a rouges upgrade. They so severely outclass them that any comic where they fight is a huge jobberfest.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I would like to see Black Manta get a massive power increase. Or at least an official confirmation his suit gives him power increase.

Because the guy is literally a street level in every appearence he makes outside of fighting Aquaman. And Aquaman is currently stronger than ever.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely the Thing.

I'd also throw in the other members of the FF.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

h sentry needs a bu

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

- Many, many bat-villains...

- Current Lady Shiva, current Richard Dragon and current Bronze Tiger need to be retconed and amped, FAST! i don't know, reveal that the current name-holders are imposters and reveal the real ones, do something...people don't even take them seriously anymore.

- Stephanie Brown and Catwoman? i mean those 2 were never expert martial artist's, but they were always capable of holding their own against regular streets, and curently they get trashed by people that isn't even crazy good to begin with, Catwoman by Julia Penyworth, Steph by Babs, are just some exemples.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sabretooth, Black Manta, Killer Croc, Taskmaster, Thing, Rhino, Gambit

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's Dreadknight. The guy's considered an Iron Man foe, and he's got a mad on for Doctor Doom. Yet, unless you count his brief appearance in the Ultimate universe, they haven't updated his gear or skills since his original appearance? For crying out loud, give the guy an upgrade!

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor at least need to make him fight smarter he has all this power an knowledge but rarely use them effectively

Agreed, let him use all the abilities he has... and give him his damn hammer back.

@chazz85 said:

Galactcus he gets beat up by every minor cosmic threat literally if a evil version of arm fall off boy with a stick ran into him galactcus is going down he's a mighty world eater ffs he should be tough. Thor he's tough but needs FTL feats. Darksiede just let him kill superman we know he can. Beerus goku will beat him by ep30 of dbsuper soon he needs to be better. Ra's Al Ghaul he should be able to beat batman the hole league of assassins/shadows i forget should be a powerfull force,remember tower of babel? How about some of that ra's should be a feared force.

*cough*

As though Thor doesn't already have FTL feats.

But in all seriousness, I agree, give Thor definitive feats for being FTL so people can stop being scrubs about it.

Otherwise, I don't think a lot of characters need boosts, I think a lot of characters need to be nerfed. Particular some entirely human DC characters that consistently do shit they shouldn't, dress up like a very peculiar animal and fight enemies way out of his league.... *cough*

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be pretty funny if Superman became Superman 1-Million after the Truth arc ends. Then he does things like recreate the universe, wipe out a couple hundred galaxies, and what not. Just to see the reaction of a certain fan base.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

So he could actually give Superman a fight for once.

Parasyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man big time.