#1 Posted by thedevilhunter (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Some times when i mention a character to a friend whom knows plenty of comics, they go blank. have you ever read a comic about what ever character that isn't necessarily from Marvel and if you mention it to some one there like, Who?, for instance i was chatting to some family members who are just as comic crazy as I and i said you ever heard of Lobo?

, n shes says, i think so.  how about Tankgirl?....and so it also was another blank, so i gatta say has this happened to you if so with what character or comic.  
Bonus: Who is This 
#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Pitt

No one knows a lot about Youngblood or The Question, which is a shame

#3 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Multiple Man 
Guy Gardner... They only know John Stewart

#4 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio
@JairamGanpat said:
Multiple Man Guy Gardner... They only know John Stewart

not true.... Multiple man is in X-Factor which is a very popular comic!! I refer more to Guy Gardner as a Green Lantern than John Stewart. I only found out about John Stewart from the JLA cartoon back in the early 2000s!!
#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12586 posts) - - Show Bio
@JairamGanpat said:
Multiple Man Guy Gardner... They only know John Stewart
Don't you mean Hal Jordan?
#6 Edited by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:  
 They know Hal now but before the only one they knew was John from the JLU cartoon 

@papad1992
:  
Non-comic readers have no idea who the Multiple Man is 

EDIT: Sorry, I read the OP incorrectly
#7 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
Cyber?
#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12586 posts) - - Show Bio
@JairamGanpat said:
@cattlebattle:   They know Hal now but before the only one they knew was John from the JLU cartoon
True, but I think more adamant comic readers would know of Hal.I think the OP meant characters who people that read comics tend to forget because of their obscurity.
#9 Edited by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm no names that even comic book fans don't know? 

Deadman?  
Ragman?

Neal Adams
#10 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:  yeah I read the original post incorrectly, I change my answer to Deadman :p
#11 Posted by xscarletkittie (594 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of comic readers I've met don't know/remember the comic Force Works from the 90s despite characters like Iron Man and the Scarlet Witch being in it. Not a character example, I know, but this thread made me think of it.

#12 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to steal Wise Son's avatar for my idea  

Night Thrasher
#13 Posted by Edamame (27984 posts) - - Show Bio