#1 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading over a few battles and PIS used as feats got my blood boiling again. I wanted to see different fans' nominees for the characters that tend to have the most PIS moments of all. Good example would be Deathstroke

Huh?

#2 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has the most PIS moments. Followed by Superman.

#3 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

red hulk

#4 Posted by Mizz_Coconut (146 posts) - - Show Bio

ironman has a few up his sleeve, its uncanny, why do people even attack him when hes invincible? wait till hes asleep then slit his throat

#5 Posted by ThexX (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#6 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@mettlekm: Do you have any good scans?

#7 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

The term 'pis' should just be called 'bat' . Wolverine has a lot of it also but ppl will just say it's his healing factor an blah blah.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

You can only say Batman and Superman because they've appeared in more comics then pretty much any character in existence.

#9 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire Countdown To Final Crisis was just one big WTF moment. 

#10 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

You can only say Batman and Superman because they've appeared in more comics then pretty much any character in existence.

Agree

#11 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#12 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

batman

#13 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#14 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry

Batman

Superman

Forbush man

DeadPool

#15 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja: I think at that point DC was embracing all the WTF and just trying to ride it out until it was over.

#16 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Old superman when he had a new power in every issue was clearly pis but standard Superman I wouldn't say is all that much pis. Hulk doesn't have much pis unless you're just saying that he shouldn't be that strong , Which is just opinion. Sentry is meant to be that way.

#17 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThexX said:

Batman.

@SandMan_ said:

Batman

@ratman19 said:

batman

@TheCheeseStabber said:

Batman

@Twentyfive said:

Batman has the most PIS moments.

#18 Posted by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I am getting the feeling that Batman is the winner.

#19 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused. What's a "PIS" moment?

#20 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@NlGHTCRAWLER

@ThexX said:

Batman.

@SandMan_ said:

Batman

@ratman19 said:

batman

@TheCheeseStabber said:

Batman

@Twentyfive said:

Batman has the most PIS moments.

This.

Followed closely by Ol chop my head and grow it back Wolverine.
#21 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88 said:

I'm confused. What's a "PIS" moment?

It stands for 'Plot Induced Stupidity.' It is when an a character does something out of their normal powerset. People bring it up when they get upset in battle forums that another character beats their favorite character due to an event that occurred out of character, and they feel it shouldn't have happened.

Some people don't think PIS exist because these are fictional characters and if the authors decide to print something under their company's authorized logo in a piece that is cannon, then the event took place in that universe and shouldn't be discounted. It may be our opinion that the character shouldn't be able to do such a feat but when an author has an opinion that is published it becomes fact until the day it is retconned.

Things like Batman holding onto the inside of the jet engine in the recent Batman story or Red Hulk hitting Thor with Mjolnir in space are some examples of what people may consider PIS.

#22 Posted by Joygirl (19974 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America.

#23 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it kind of funny how people say Batman right away, considering that their favorite character is probably a man that can crawl walls, a man regenarate limbs in seconds, a woman that can pick up objects with her mind, and another guy that turns into a monster when he gets angry and the angrier he gets the stronger he is. what I am trying to say fellow viners is comic books are not about logic. just because Batman eats your favorite character for breakfast it does not mean that he sucks and that he is stupid and writers are stupid, it just means your favorite superhero/villain/anti-hero/animal is not as good as Batman. That's it. So accept it. :)

#24 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: NO

#25 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: I WILL NEVER ACCEPT IT. your probably one of those people who thinks batman can beat god

#26 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14698 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19: don't be silly, Batman is god.

#27 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

I find it kind of funny how people say Batman right away, considering that their favorite character is probably a man that can crawl walls, a man regenarate limbs in seconds, a woman that can pick up objects with her mind, and another guy that turns into a monster when he gets angry and the angrier he gets the stronger he is. what I am trying to say fellow viners is comic books are not about logic. just because Batman eats your favorite character for breakfast it does not mean that he sucks and that he is stupid and writers are stupid, it just means your favorite superhero/villain/anti-hero/animal is not as good as Batman. That's it. So accept it. :)

................................word.............................

#28 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

it's batman and superman since they have most issues.The thread should be chagned into who has notable PIS.

#29 Posted by The Stegman (24431 posts) - - Show Bio

Even now, Batman wins, why? Cause he's Batman that's why. 

#30 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective I love Batman but he is by far the leader in PIS. He's the most underpowered overpowered character in comics. Due to a lot of his fans also, people putting him up against characters like Spiderman, Superman, Dr. doom, SS, Green Lantern, Flash, Darkseid etc. Alot of Bat Fan Induced Stupidity on this site. Not to mention all of the new Batman fans due to Nolan's Batman movie. Yeah I'm looking at you Nolanites. Batman needs to be down and dirty in Gotham not going up against planetary threats. Just look at his best stories, Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Long Halloween, Knightfall, No Mans Land, Hush and Dark Victory just to name a few. My point is they have made him so ridiculous to the point people overate his abilities. Now does that mean I don't like Batman? Of course not. He just needs to be a little more grounded in his stories.

#31 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1027 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how everyone says Batman when there are plenty of other characters without powers who also do ridiculous things no human could possibly do. Not saying he doesn't have PIS moments he obviously does but so do a lot of other heroes but no one cares when they do it. I was watching Avengers: EMH a few days ago and Captain America was fighting with Vision (who is at least class 50), he could survive being punched by him and hit him hard enough to damage his face he also seemingly kicked Thor hard enough to stun him and make him groan, if Batman had did any of that the internet would've imploded (like how people reacted when he dodged Darkseid's Omega Effect or judo flipped Superman) Hawkeye is also like this.

It's like when people complain about Superman having too many powers but don't say anything about people like Flash, GL, or any DBZ character, there sure are a lot of double standards among comic book fans. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that those are the 2 biggest superheroes of all time.