Character Uprades

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Over the years there has been many characters who've had their powers arguemented, and have risen to new levels. Some examples would be characters like (Hulk, Iceman, Wonder Woman, Superboy,ext).

Is it just me is there some characters that deserve upgrades, some characters I believe need upgrades are

1.Ares

2.Namor

3.Thing

4.Moon Knight

5.Animal Man

6.Cyborg

7.Hawkman

8.Olympian Gods

I feel these 8+ need a boost, Ares more so than anyone. These are just a few of mine, which characters do you think need a amplification on their powers?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel Girl.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares has been really great a couple times(if we are talking about the Marvel version), and I really enjoyed his run with the Avengers, I don't know if he needs a upgrade as much as just some more focus. The DC version is fine, he is a background character/manipulator.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squirrel Girl.

They should use her in that "Black Vortex" or whatever the next Marvel event is, to unlock her Cosmic potential!

If people thought she was OP before wait till she has the Power Cosmic!!!

(and her pet squirrel sidekick should be given the cosmic upgrade thingy as well!)

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cave_duck: That would be pretty funny, and cool, lol. Would at least make her wins make sense.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom:

I have to admit I'd be curious how the cosmic squirrel sidekick would turn out, maybe he'd get a tiny pair of silver skis like that internet squirrel that skis behind a remote controlled boat.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Are you taking about Ares for DC or Marvel? Cause the Marvel one is dead, he's super dead.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animal doesn't really need an upgrade he just needs to not be written differently by every writer. Anyways he's recreated the universe with the help of vixen and the shamaness. During delanos it was implied a few times he could take powers from humanoids too(I think no writer touches upon this due it making AM into a generic power stealer). Not sure why you feel moonknight needs a boost.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket:

Marvel Ares, and he can return with an upgrade, that would be cool.

@skit said:

Animal doesn't really need an upgrade he just needs to not be written differently by every writer. Anyways he's recreated the universe with the help of vixen and the shamaness. During delanos it was implied a few times he could take powers from humanoids too(I think no writer touches upon this due it making AM into a generic power stealer). Not sure why you feel moonknight needs a boost.

Was that with an amplification?

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Oddly enough no, I guess he technically just realized the extent of his powers and was considered qualified enough to be animal master along with vixen and the shameness. They recreated the universe ,made one for Antagon and went on there merry way completely acting as if Veichs run never happened. Its never been retconned as far as I know.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: Damn I got to read that, thanks for the info though !

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman 1 million.

Crimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crimz

The Fantastic Four, every Marvel team is more powerful than them now. They have to rely soley on Reed most of the time.

The Thing - Definitely needs an upgrade, greater strength and durability. He needs to be giving Hulk trouble (but still a bit weaker than him)

The Human Torch - When he gets his powers back, I want them near the levels of when he had the cosmic control rod. Only a bit lower than them.

Invisible Woman - She is already pretty powerful. Just make her force-fields stronger (a little below green lantern levels) and maybe give her perfect invisiblity like what a version of Valeria had

Mr. Fantastic - Greater resistance to most physical damage, better durability. But his strength lies in his intelligence so he doesn't need much of an upgrade.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia said:

Squirrel Girl.

They should use her in that "Black Vortex" or whatever the next Marvel event is, to unlock her Cosmic potential!

If people thought she was OP before wait till she has the Power Cosmic!!!

(and her pet squirrel sidekick should be given the cosmic upgrade thingy as well!)

Indeed, there's nothing quite like putting that spiky collar on your pet flying carnivorous killer squirrel and going to town.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

I think upgrades are subjective on what you want them to have or on what you describe as upgrade.

The Thing has been consistently upgrade over the decades. He was originally a 5 tonner character and the guy has grown to be a bonafide class 100 character with dozens feats over the decades he has been around that level. If you are trying to classify him as a Hulk level character, then that is a different story altogether, but the Thing has been one of most upgraded characters in Marvel.

Ares sucks, so he can stay dead for all I care. My opinion. But seriously, I don't think he needs an upgrade. The guy does have some good showings and he has dangerous weapons, but he also has some bad ones or ones that get blown out of proportion. I think he needs consistency more than anything.

Namor I do agree needs an upgrade. The character has been stagnant for so long despite being one of Marvel's original powerhouses. Just something to kind of freshen his character up.

Moon Knight gets upgraded, depending on the incarnation as he does appear with new gear every now and then. His full carbonadium armor incarnation was awesome, though.

Cyborg is fine and can be easily upgraded. Animal Man is fine. Hawkman is meh.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you taking about Ares for DC or Marvel? Cause the Marvel one is dead, he's super dead.

A) In comics, dead is not always dead. (In fact, almost never.)

B) He's a Greek God. Even if death were otherwise permanent, his underworld is run by his Uncle. Once they get bored with Jenga and dead hookers, he just walks home.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

@humanrocket said:

A) In comics, dead is not always dead. (In fact, almost never.)

B) He's a Greek God. Even if death were otherwise permanent, his underworld is run by his Uncle. Once they get bored with Jenga and dead hookers, he just walks home.

C'mon! Who would ever get sick of that combo!!