#1 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#2 Posted by pandaRose (4 posts) - - Show Bio

not really --- but I can control fire

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes sense but some characters like that get their powers from other things that are already there, like mutation or radiation. The "elemental" category would actually work very well for some characters (like all the characters in Fathom for example), but I think having people that can fit into more than one character/origin type could get confusing.

Along the same lines, I was thinking of asking about where to put beings that weren't human, but weren't aliens or mutants. Like, if they lived on Earth alongside humans, were humanoid and sentient, just not human. Right now I have characters like this listed as alien because it fits best (according to definition) even if it's not what you would first think of when you hear "alien".

#4 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the alien definition is okay. I mean, both Martian Manhunter and Superman are aliens and we don't think of them as humans. Especially the guy with "Martian" in his name!

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I was actually talking about whole races that live alongside humans (sometimes in secret) and have done so since the very beginning of mankind. One such race would be the Black (or Blue), underwater races in Fathom. They also fit the elemental character type since their default state is as energy beings (water in the case of the Blue).

Post Edited:2007-01-30 19:41:53

#6 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. That's a good idea, someone should send it to a staff member.

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Alternate Race maybe? That would fit elves, trolls and the races I mentioned.

#8 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot just pointed out this post, I missed it somehow.

I just added "Other" as a catch all character type. So we have some votes for "Elemental" here.

What else? What do I do for my beloved ElfQuest characters? I dont want to create an "Elf" and then "Troll" etc etc. Need a broad category.

Staff
#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#10 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

I like "Mythic".

Staff
#11 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Where do the Fathom races fit?

#12 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#13 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so far I will add:

• "Mythic"

• "Elemental"

Staff
#14 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

For Elemental, do Storm or Iceman become elemental or stay mutants? Human Torch?

#15 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured they would stay what they were since (as I said in my first post) they get their powers from another category, I was just trying to clarify.

Post Edited:2007-01-31 15:08:55