• 160 results
Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Lustwish

I did it a while ago, best thing I ever did.  I only follow one Marvel trade - New Mutants. 

Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Lustwish
@Supreme Marvel: 

Don't forget writing from guys like Chris Yost - Red Robin, and Matthew Sturges - The Web.  

good stuff. 
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#153  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@Lustwish said:

" @Supreme Marvel:   Don't forget writing from guys like Chris Yost - Red Robin, and Matthew Sturges - The Web.    good stuff.  "

@Supreme Marvel said:

"I can read some comics of theirs, only comics by writers I know.
Yost/Kyle
J. Michael Straczynski Brubaker Thats about it The bold are now working at DC now also. So that just proves DC have good writers if the ones I could read from Marvel are working at DC also. "

I don't mind a bit of Sturges work either.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Ah for me... European comics, then Top Cow (Witchblade is my favorite american comic series), then DC (because Vertigo is made of win), then Image (just because they have Invincible and that series rocks), then Marvel (for the ultimate line)

But really, I'll say it as well, buy trades of stories you like regardless of company, there's good stuff everywhere.

12ty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By 12ty12

Ive only been a DC man in my short comic career but I love Grant Morrison and Frank Quitley so I bought Vol1 of their New X-Men title. I'm still waiting for it to arrive.... will it be the first of many marvel comics or the one and only?

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#156  Edited By Bobby X

I do both...and a lot in between. I do currently have more love for DC overall though. Lately I have just found more fault with what Marvel has been doing with the properties I love:  
-I'm not a huge Bendis fan  
-Fraction's X-Men just rub me the wrong way (I don't feel like he has a good handle on the characters to be honest).  
-I miss the old Deadpool and don't really appreciate him showing up everywhere. 
-Haven't liked any Hulk stuff since Planet Hulk  
-Was never a BND fan so that kind of killed Spider-Man for me

I do however love 
-Peter David's X-Factor
-Fraction's Invincible Iron Man    
-Cap Brit &MI:13...but it got canceled a while back :( 
-Also a fan of Brubaker's Cap books

I pretty much love everything DC is doing with Green Lantern &the Corps, Batman, Superman, and Flash so they are winning for me right now. Big fan of the Jonah Hex book as well. This is all just a matter of opinion of course though.

I'm not sure why someone needs to limit themselves to one universe or the other. They're not mutually exclusive.
Jim Halpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Jim Halpert

Grew up DC, then changed from DC to Marvel in the 90's, now I read both... around 60% Marvel and 40% DC.
sexy beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By sexy beast

Marvel for me hands down,but I do like Flash,GL,and Hawk Man.

Rabbit Tots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Rabbit Tots
I broke up with Marvel eversince they killed Nightcrawler in the latest X-Men issue... DC is an instant classic and it will always remain my favorite.  
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

After Siege, I'm even more adamant that a change to DC is the way to go. I'm dropping all of my Marvel books save Amazing and Ultimate Spider-Man.