• 160 results
mcrmy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mcrmy13

I'm thinkin' of changing From Dc to marvel what do ya guys think?

Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aspenite
*thumbs up*
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Precise

I prefer DC myself currently.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

Why?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

That's stupid! Never change from good to bad! You read comics, so you should know this by now.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@mcrmy13 said:
" I'm thinkin' of changing From Dc to marvel what do ya guys think? "
I did the exact opposite awhile back.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Gambler said:
" @mcrmy13 said:
I did the exact opposite awhile back. "
Same and I honestly think it saved my comic book career
bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By bingbangboom

I have always been a Marvel guy but you can read both books. It isn't that bad to have variety. I do like what Marvel is doing and just can never get into DC.

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By hdorman1

i read mostly marvel  
but i then read image  
and dc is quite low on my shopping list

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Gambler said:
" @mcrmy13 said:
I did the exact opposite awhile back. "
Same and I honestly think it saved my comic book career "
This is a sign of Intelligence people! Follow them!
d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By d0npierre

Naahh... Marvel rules...

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By CylonDorado

Whatever floats your boat. I prefer DC, but Marvel aint bad. I'd probably read more of it if I had a bigger comic budget.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Comic Budget

• DC
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123
@d0npierre said:
" Naahh... Marvel rules... "
WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By WW-Fan

DC is much better! but there are some good stuff in Marvel, Like Thor :) but i would never change to Marvel man :/
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I was talking about this recently to friends of mine.
We established that I can accept a future girlfriend/wife to support an arch rival to my local supported since I was born team: Liverpool. 
Their rival's are Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea.
I can accept them supporting one of those teams.
However if they support Marvel, I'm either gonna try and switch them over to DC or it'll be a break-up/divorce.
That's how passionate I am about DC.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WW-Fan
@Supreme Marvel said:
"I was talking about this recently to friends of mine. We established that I can accept a future girlfriend/wife to support an arch rival to my local supported since I was born team: Liverpool.  Their rival's are Manchester United, Everton and Chelsea. I can accept them supporting one of those teams. However if they support Marvel, I'm either gonna try and switch them over to DC or it'll be a break-up/divorce. That's how passionate I am about DC. "

yeah im with you! :D
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By EdwardWindsor

marvel for me mostly i like more realism , thou i do enjoy green lantern and batman from dc.Spawn still finished above all dc stuff for me thou.

Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Stamps
@Supreme Marvel: 
I agree with everything you said
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

DC > Marvel.  DC actually respects its second stringers. And it doesn't have a moron with claws appearing in every freaking book. 

Wolverine meets Power Pack; that was a sign of the Apocalypse people.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"And it doesn't have a moron with claws appearing in every freaking book."
QFT
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@mcrmy13 said:
It's all a matter of taste. The two have very different styles.

Marvel focus more on the person than the hero and tend to be more down to earth stories.
DC tend to be lighter in tone and with more fantastical stories. If that makes sense when we're talking superheroes :P

They both have their good points and bad points. You can of course read both.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23  Edited By doordoor123

just read both.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By joshmightbe
@Gylan Thomas:
yea blackest night was real light hearted, theres nothing quite as heart warming as a super powered zombie in space
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By doordoor123
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" Wolverine meets Power Pack; that was a sign of the Apocalypse people. "
What about Apocalypse? So whenever wolverine meets the Power pack Apocalypse arrives. Thats bad for the mutants.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @mcrmy13 said:
It's all a matter of taste. The two have very different styles.  Marvel focus more on the person than the hero and tend to be more down to earth stories. DC tend to be lighter in tone and with more fantastical stories. If that makes sense when we're talking superheroes :P  They both have their good points and bad points. You can of course read both. "
First of all it should be noted that I love both Marvel and DC, but I prefer DC, but what you said is a stereotype I strongly disagree with. 
Let's look at say, Iron Man, he's in right now. Tony Stark is an alcoholic, narcissitic, mathematical genius, billionaire who creates an over-the-top super-suit of death and saves people after experiencing an epiphany. 
I don't know about you, but I don't relate to any of that.
Now, let's look at a DC character, say Green Arrow, since they have comparable lifestyles. Green Arrow is a politically active, billionaire, commitophobe, martial artist, olympic level athlete, with a bad haircut, parenting issues and is currently undergoing a moral crisis. Obviously, Tony has gone through moral crises as well, but that's not the point I'm making. 
What I'm trying to say is that whilst the characters themselves appear to be lighter and less real, their driving influences are very much deeply rooted in humanity. Look at Clark Kent, a man who struggles with his own inadequacies, has to fit in by assuming a persona he rightfully shouldn't need, needs to take constant care not to harm something, isn't rich, can't have children with his wife, and his father-in-law hates him. To me, that's all far more relatable than Wolverine or Captain America stories.  

Now, obviously, I've stacked my argument, again, that's not my point. My point is rather than nothing in comics can be taken at face value, and I don't mean to insult your intelligence by saying this, as I'm sure you've read and said it all before, I'm just reaffirming to everyone that DC is not the "lighter" company.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By doordoor123
@Gylan Thomas:  i disagree. DC has a more developed universe. DC pretty much always has good writing and Marvel is hit or miss.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Supreme Marvel

That was very nicely put. And I agree with it.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@doordoor123 said:
" @Gylan Thomas:  i disagree. DC has a more developed universe. DC pretty much always has good writing and Marvel is hit or miss. "
That's opinion. DC are constantly retconning so I can't bring my self to agree they're more developed.
Up untill the last few years the secret ID's of most of their charactr were rarely used.
Weather DC pretty much alway has good writing and Marvel is hit or miss is purely opinon. 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @mcrmy13 said:
It's all a matter of taste. The two have very different styles.  Marvel focus more on the person than the hero and tend to be more down to earth stories. DC tend to be lighter in tone and with more fantastical stories. If that makes sense when we're talking superheroes :P  They both have their good points and bad points. You can of course read both. "
First of all it should be noted that I love both Marvel and DC, but I prefer DC, but what you said is a stereotype I strongly disagree with.  Let's look at say, Iron Man, he's in right now. Tony Stark is an alcoholic, narcissitic, mathematical genius, billionaire who creates an over-the-top super-suit of death and saves people after experiencing an epiphany.  I don't know about you, but I don't relate to any of that. Now, let's look at a DC character, say Green Arrow, since they have comparable lifestyles. Green Arrow is a politically active, billionaire, commitophobe, martial artist, olympic level athlete, with a bad haircut, parenting issues and is currently undergoing a moral crisis. Obviously, Tony has gone through moral crises as well, but that's not the point I'm making.  What I'm trying to say is that whilst the characters themselves appear to be lighter and less real, their driving influences are very much deeply rooted in humanity. Look at Clark Kent, a man who struggles with his own inadequacies, has to fit in by assuming a persona he rightfully shouldn't need, needs to take constant care not to harm something, isn't rich, can't have children with his wife, and his father-in-law hates him. To me, that's all far more relatable than Wolverine or Captain America stories.    Now, obviously, I've stacked my argument, again, that's not my point. My point is rather than nothing in comics can be taken at face value, and I don't mean to insult your intelligence by saying this, as I'm sure you've read and said it all before, I'm just reaffirming to everyone that DC is not the "lighter" company. "
I said DC tend to be lighter in tone. Even that was just my opinion and all I was doin' was givin' some advice. 
Just becasue you can't relate to Stark doesn't make him a badly developed character. Can you relate to Green Arrow?
You mention Clark Kent and bring up some good points. However few if any of them are ever used as any kind of plot device. DC rarely put Clark at the front of stories like Marvel do Peter Parker or other secret ID's. 

I'm a big fan of both and wasn't critisicing either.
Key word you used for me was "argument". I'm not here for an argument and since I have no real preference I'm not gonna take either side.  
I do however stand by my initial post but don't feel the need to expand any further. Like I said. It's all opinion and preferance.

Mcrmy13 can, and I'm sure, will work things out for himself.
I'll leave you guys to debate the topic :)
Thanks
XXX
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By doordoor123
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @doordoor123 said:
" @Gylan Thomas:  i disagree. DC has a more developed universe. DC pretty much always has good writing and Marvel is hit or miss. "
That's opinion. DC are constantly retconning so I can't bring my self to agree they're more developed.
Up untill the last few years the secret ID's of most of their charactr were rarely used.
Weather DC pretty much alway has good writing and Marvel is hit or miss is purely opinon. 

Or maybe you dont know the difference between bad writing and good.
Braxxis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Braxxis7

Make Mine Marvel
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By The_Warlord

I read both, it's good to have variety

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@doordoor123 said:

"
Or maybe you don't know what the word "opinion" means :D
@joshmightbe said:
" @Gylan Thomas: yea blackest night was real light hearted, theres nothing quite as heart warming as a super powered zombie in space "

I am, as I said, a fan of both and did not mean every thing ever released by DC was light in tone. However Blackest Night does sort of justify my use of the term "fantastical". Marvel's cross overs TEND to be more grounded.

Arguin' about this isn't some thing I'm really interested in fella. Any one noticed the bit where I sadi I was a fan of both? I'm not critisicing either. 
The DC fans seem very defensive though.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Gylan Thomas: I didn't mean to offend when I wrote my post, it was more a shotgun approach, to what I believe, is the incorrect idea that Marvel is more real than DC. So, yeh, once again, I hope you didn't take my post as an attack or anything of that nature. =]
Superevil225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By Superevil225

Why not read both? Both are respectable companies, but for very different reasons.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By doordoor123
@Gylan Thomas said:
" @doordoor123 said:

"

It has nothing to do with opinion. Bad writing is bad writing. If the character isnt correctly written or if the story doesnt make sense or if its boring and nothing really happens, its bad writing
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@doordoor123 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @doordoor123 said:

"

It has nothing to do with opinion. Bad writing is bad writing. If the character isnt correctly written or if the story doesnt make sense or if its boring and nothing really happens, its bad writing
"
I'm a fan of Both and I'm pretty sure both have been guilty of bad writing at various times. Probably art too.
It's a matter of taste. You're a DC fan and I understand you dont like Marvel but let's not argue.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@doordoor123 said:

" @Gylan Thomas said:

" @doordoor123 said:

"

"
The only instance of really awful writing, in my mind, from both companies in recent memory (OMD excluded) is Bendis' take on Sentry, because there are just so many problems with his handling of the character.  Why does he not use his telepathy to work out that Bullseye killed his wife? No explanation.

That's not to say there hasn't been a lot of DUMB writing from both companies, just nothing too horrendous.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By doordoor123
@Gylan Thomas:  listen. im not trying to argue. im also a fan of both but the facts are in the books. go pick up 10 random dc comic and 10 random marvel comics. 80% of the DC will have good writing and 50% of marvel will have good writing. Marvel is and always has been very hit or miss. You have to know whats good with marvel and pick up the good issues. Marvel doesnt pick up very many good writers. Image writes better than marvel.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Gylan Thomas: I didn't mean to offend when I wrote my post, it was more a shotgun approach, to what I believe, is the incorrect idea that Marvel is more real than DC. So, yeh, once again, I hope you didn't take my post as an attack or anything of that nature. =] "
I'm not offended dude. 
If any thing I'm surprised people are getting so irate about a tiny comment. Good or bad. Better or worse. It's all opinion.
I'm not saying Marvel's more realistic than DC. The superhero genre is essentially unrealistic.
I still say the two have very different approaches to telling a story but as I keep saying, I'm a fan of both so maybe I can take a less biased view.

Bottom line guys it's all opinion and we could keep this up all day with out getting any where.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Supreme Marvel
@doordoor123 said:
" @Gylan Thomas said:
" @doordoor123 said:

"

"
You can tell the difference between bad writing. 
I have seen many. Not a lot in DC though, but I have seen them.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By doordoor123
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Read X-men deadly genesis. LOL. And read any Black Widow comic. LOL and read ultimatum. Those are the three of the worst.
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gylan Thomas
@doordoor123 said:
" @Gylan Thomas:  listen. im not trying to argue. im also a fan of both but the facts are in the books. go pick up 10 random dc comic and 10 random marvel comics. 80% of the DC will have good writing and 50% of marvel will have good writing. Marvel is and always has been very hit or miss. You have to know whats good with marvel and pick up the good issues. Marvel doesnt pick up very many good writers. Image writes better than marvel. "
78% of statistics are made up on the spot.
It's all opinion. For the longest time Marvel did seem to have the larger market share however and I'm sure they have their loyal fans who'd always choose them over DC.
Opinion.
Let's stop this now.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@doordoor123 said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  Read X-men deadly genesis. LOL. And read any Black Widow comic. LOL and read ultimatum. Those are the three of the worst. "
lol, good call. I haven't read Black Widow and I avoid all Loeb's Ultimate stuff like the plague. And yes, I read Deadly Genesis. I had successfully blocked that from my memory til now. 

Ok, you've made your point lol. 

Oh! I forgot Phoenix: Warsong. Total garbage.
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By doordoor123
@doordoor123:  Read black panther or US war machine
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By doordoor123
@doordoor123:  even x-men: the end didnt have very good writing and read ms. marvel

i think ive made my point.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@doordoor123: Haven't read that either, but thanks; you're saving me a heap of money on trades =]

Btw, mcmry13, seems like you either stick with DC or we'll come after you :|
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By doordoor123
@FadeToBlackBolt:  LOL. for sure
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By doordoor123
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Not all of Loeb's stuff is bad. 70 percent of his things are bad. You should read Batman: Hush.
Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Supreme Marvel

As long as writers do their research on character they are writing about, I don't mind what I read of DC. But I will bring it up if they don't do it.

James Robinson's Cry for Justice

1. Freddy Freeman had his mouth stitched up by Prometheus so he couldn't call the power of Shazam.
  2. Freddy as Captain Marvel can summon the lightning bolt of Shazam without the need to say it.
  3. Freddy displayed this in Trials of Shazam
  4. No research on Robinson's part
  5. The artist for the second part of Trials of Shazam was the same artist for Cry for Justice: Mauro Cascioli  
  6. Didn't even ask him.