People consider Cell's statement hyperbole, write down what you think, here are my thoughts:
The two arguments for Cell not being a Solar system buster are:
1.He didn't show it
2. He was lying.
Now here is my arguing for Cell being a Solar System buster:
1. Frieza in his first for blew up planet Vegeta,a planet with 10 times earth's normal gravity,with 1 finger. Frieza in his last form is mutliple times stronger and Cell is even stronger than Frieza,using ABC logic (which is a reliable way to decide the DBZ characters power due to ki determining everything in every fight and ki being the same for everyone) he should be able to pull it off.
2. Him lying would be pointless,he had outclassed all the Z-Fighters, he crushed Gohan's confidence and all the Z-fighters felt helpless,bluffing at that point would be meaningless.
3. Cell loves to brag,if there is one thing you get from his character it is that he loves to show off how strong he is so him saying he can blow up a solar system is not too crazy.
4. Z-Fighters can sense how much energy they have and how much it can destroy some examples are when Kid buu was blowing up earth or when Vegeta was gonna blow up the earth,hence Goku didn't move away and knowing him he wouldn't risk his life on a triple Kaioken so that isn't hyperbole either.
5. Cell is a super computer,he knows how big the solar system is and would know how big of an explosion would be required to whipe it out.
6. It might be possible he was gonna blow up the sun,but he said the ENTIRE solar system so he was most likely going to blast it all away at once. + he was aiming at Gohan so that is the only theory left.
7.The reason he didn't show that he could destroy the solar system is,if he had succeeded then everyone would be dead so that argument is pointless. Also Gohan's blast not destroying the solar system after he killed Cell would make stopping Cell from doing it be meaningless.
8. Look at it from a creator's standpoint. Would you be surprised by Cell's power if he said he was gonna blow up the earth? Everyone before him could so you know,it wouldn't really be too surprising and wouldn't tell us about his power, so saying he could blow away the solar system would make him seem more powerful than the villains before him.
Now that I have nerded out,let your opinion be heard,I'm interested :D :D :D