• 125 results
GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/26/catwoman-revealed-as-bisexual

Catwoman is confirmed as bisexual. It kind of shocked me because I thought she was strictly d*ckly for Bats, but I guess anything is possible in comics. It has me thinking what other tricks does DC have up their sleeves. Maybe Batman or Dick Grayson are next to being confirmed as bisexual. Who knows. Are you shocked as well?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

No woman can make Batman stop doing what he does.... but maybe a good man can.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman/Catwoman shippers are the worst. Heck, Batman/*insert random chick* shippers are the worst. They just want everyone to pine for Batman, even though the dude will never change. Let her move on just like Harley.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: yeah. I guess your right. I just can't see bats changing his ways for a woman. I guess she should move on. I will always appreciate bats and selina's tit for tat romance though. I personally love it.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really not surprising.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7: really? It shocked me. It kind of came out of no where. Sort of like the whole Korra and Assami relationship from TLOK

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glemerald924: It's the character. For example, if Wonder Woman was bisexual I would be surprised because she doesn't give off that type of vibe as a character.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I don't really have a problem with this. It adds a new angle without drastically changing anything. And, honestly, it kinda makes sense for her character.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

I don't really have a problem with this. It adds a new angle without drastically changing anything. And, honestly, it kinda makes sense for her character.

Agreed. There have been elements that can be interpreted as hints in that direction, such as Poison Ivy's influence in Batman: Hush, and Holly.

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats bulls**t....we all knew and told for years that DC writes and shows its women characters just as sex objects, this only makes her extra-sex object...i could be ok with it if it was done by Marvel to one of their female characters, but when its DC....come on man, its like they say "for us female characters represents nothing but sex and sexy stuff, so the only major change of our lovely Catwoman will of course be about nothing but sex"

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I really dont care, to be honest, i think they should worry more about making things better and less to do this, so they get a reaction of some groups and try to catch as much money as they can.

I am more worried comic book could notice that making comic book about other subjects, could sell better, that this things.

Also isnt sex the only thing that define people, neither its skin color or this short sighted vision of diversity.

If comics actually want to get more diverse, they will have to start looking for new people and stop their silly idea of diversity.

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glemerald924: Not surprised. Catwoman is really nothing but a sex symbol anyways. Lesbians are looked at as hot and in. This is really just the next logical step in progression.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god, did you people even read the story? All they did was a short kiss. If you want to get angry over DC's treatment of LGBT then go read the controversy of Batwoman.

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By -daydream-

@night4345 said:

My god, did you people even read the story? All they did was a short kiss. If you want to get angry over DC's treatment of LGBT then go read the controversy of Batwoman.

its not the story, looking at just the story ok its just a short kiss, can mean nothing in the end....what worries is me that what Genevieve Valentine says about the situation, she almost means its not and wont be just 'a short kiss'...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Batman/Catwoman shippers are the worst. Heck, Batman/*insert random chick* shippers are the worst. They just want everyone to pine for Batman, even though the dude will never change. Let her move on just like Harley.

Nah Superman/Wonder Woman shippers are the worst, the Bat/Cat shippers have history,the former only have fanboy idiocy.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought she was already.

KingOfVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GLEmerald924

@night4345:

@-daydream- said:

@night4345 said:

its not the story, looking at just the story ok its just a short kiss, can mean nothing in the end....what worries is me that what Genevieve Valentine says about the situation, she almost means its not and wont be just 'a short kiss'...

^ this. Did you even read what I posted? I'm not angry over anything. Quite frankly, I could give a rat's a** about DC's LGBT. I was just stating that catwoman's bisexuality had been announced and how it caught me a bit off guard.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising which woman in comics isn't now a days?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

Nah Superman/Wonder Woman shippers are the worst, the Bat/Cat shippers have history,the former only have fanboy idiocy.

HA! Okay entropy, whatever helps you sleep at night. Regardless of what you think the SM/WW pairing, at least they care for each other and don't have to change for each other. Catwoman is just supposed to sit on the sideline while Bruce bangs other chicks and she keeps wanting his attention. It's the opposite of the bad boy scenario, many girls think they can change the bad boy but in this world the chick has to change for him. Basically Catwoman would have to turn into Alfred but the upside is they get to have more sex. That's amore

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GLEmerald924

@saint_wildcard:

What other women have he slept with? Also Bruce and Alfred have sex? Eww YUCK!

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mysoulz

I just hope that they're not making her like that for a gimmick to attract more male readers. Guys always love it when two hot babes is making out.

@dbvse7 said:

@glemerald924: It's the character. For example, if Wonder Woman was bisexual I would be surprised because she doesn't give off that type of vibe as a character.

Well there are some WW fans out there that did suspect that she was bisexual (since she strongly embraces equality) from other writers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SaintWildcard

@glemerald924 said:

@saint_wildcard:

What other women have he slept with? Also Bruce and Alfred have sex? Eww YUCK!

Talia. He also got Babs pregnant in the Batman Beyond comic and in the show one of the reasons she left him is because he couldn't give up the cowl even though they were both old. Also the chicks in the movies.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares? Doesn't everything change with Convergence?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mark_Stephen

I wonder, does this mean she can date SuperGirl or Black Canary? How about Power Girl?

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: ehh I wouldn't say Talia. Didn't she drug him? Technicallly he was raped. He got Babs pregnant?! EWW! I hope Bruce settles down.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GLEmerald924

@mark_stephen: it's physically impossible for her to hook up with super girl or power girl.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So hawt.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: ehh I wouldn't say Talia. Didn't she drug him? Technicallly he was raped. He got Babs pregnant?! EWW! I hope Bruce settles down.

Hmm, I thought they had sex atleast once consensual. Well they did bone in the movie too

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Interesting. I couldn't really care less though, lol. What made them establish this, though?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Where is this from? I saw the cartoon and this was never in it.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: that's gross. Jim Gordon is one of Bruce's good friends. How could he sleep with his daughter? Also Babs is like a daughter to him. Dx

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Honestly doesn't really surprise me. I like the way they did it. It was an improvement from Alan Scott. Where Alan was just forced this doesn't seem forced or anything. Just kinda natural.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By username12345

I don't really care if a hero or villian likes men or woman, but what I don't like is writers messing with established characters sexuality. If they changed Batwomans sexual preference into men the the LGBT community would have riots in the street and left leaning media would tear DC comics apart. This is just like in legends of korra when korra, completely out of no where, started smacking on that black haired dame, Pointless.

I personally wish they would make most heroes celibates or at least have their sexuality classified except for a few (superman/Lois Flash and his wife green arrow/ black canary green lantern/ his gal and Deadpool) romance just wastes time from seeing Batman pummel criminals nearly to death and starts controversy. Except for in Superman the Animated Series, Man of Steel, Flashpoint, and TDK trilogy romance has felt like padding or fan boy/girl shipping silliness in terms of comic book tv/movies.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I already made a thread about this

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

So? Maybe it's not just a short kiss, maybe they'll date, have sex or maybe they won't. What's the problem with Catwoman having a woman for a love interest?

@glemerald924:

^ this. Did you even read what I posted? I'm not angry over anything. Quite frankly, I could give a rat's a** about DC's LGBT. I was just stating that catwoman's bisexuality had been announced and how it caught me a bit off guard.

I was talking about the other people freaking out for no reason.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@saint_wildcard said:

HA! Okay entropy, whatever helps you sleep at night. Regardless of what you think the SM/WW pairing, at least they care for each other and don't have to change for each other. Catwoman is just supposed to sit on the sideline while Bruce bangs other chicks and she keeps wanting his attention. It's the opposite of the bad boy scenario, many girls think they can change the bad boy but in this world the chick has to change for him. Basically Catwoman would have to turn into Alfred but the upside is they get to have more sex. That's amore

Ah, Saint Wildcard...

Watching you turn every conversation into a bitchfest about Batman never gets old.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. Let it all out.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Truly spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. Catwoman doesn't sit on the sideline for Batman,you're confusing her with Wonder Woman.

neras_a_renihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, whatever it is, hope it ends in sex

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truly spoken like someone who has no idea what he's talking about. Catwoman doesn't sit on the sideline for Batman,you're confusing her with Wonder Woman.

Exactly, which is proven by this. It's been my point from the very beginning, she tried, it didn't work out so she's moved on. The notion that she has to change who she is to try to be with him is disgusting to me, but that's the only way the BM/CW relationship can work. Or am I wrong in assuming that you Batfans would b*tch if Batman stopped being Batman for love?

@saint_wildcard said:

Ah, Saint Wildcard...

Watching you turn every conversation into a bitchfest about Batman never gets old.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. Let it all out.

Wrong kiddo, this has to do with shippers.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: With Alan Scott it felt more like a gimmick. They brought back Alan who had never once shown any sign of being gay and started marketing him as the gay Green Lantern. With the Green Lantern movie being fresh in everyone's minds and Green Lantern being such a popular DC character anyway it caught peoples attention making them interested. Alan's sexuality changed happened due to a gimmick. It wasn't something where he had Jade and Obsidion and some bisexual feelings came out or something like that. It was just he came back and now for some reason he is gay. Kinda like Wally West came back and he is black or Captain Marvel coming back and he is an asshole. All to try and catch attentention.

With Catwoman at least they just didn't come out and say and market her like that. Really it seemed to be natural to me. They kept her still linked to Batman romantically though letting her character grow and add on to her. Alan was just kinda labeled and was nowhere near the true red, green, and purple cape version of himself.

Not saying I don't like Earth 2. I do actually. Though it is more like a Justice Society Elseworld more than anything else.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow: It wasn't really a gimmick, they never made a big deal about it. The writer even said they never wanted to make a big deal about it or focus on it much, he's just gay.

By your definition, Catwoman being bisexual is a gimmick

Also Wally being black is not to catch attention, he's black for the sake of the CW show (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Well the Justice Society has always meant to be an else-world story

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I just feel it was gimmicky of bringing him back when he never once was a character that was gay. They erased his history and redesigned and made him gay. To me they just brought him back and made him a character in name only.

Same with Wally. It was a stupid change for Wally. Its like if they took everything Jeff Lemire did for Green Arrow and made the Green Arrow comic nothing, but Arrow due to the TV sho.....wait.

With Alan and Wally they just came back and were nothing more, but characters in name. Catwoman was at least still a character you could recognize reading the stories and by her design (something important in a visual medium).

True.