Casting suggestions for The Flash in his own movie?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am very unhappy with the casting of Grant Gustin as Barry Allen in Arrow and The Flash TV series (people should be pissed at Gustin, not Affleck)... The casting has lead to my conclusion that the Arrow-verse cannot exist in the Man of Steel universe - yes, I am insecure about the casting (which is more important than you think).

Look, the point is that right now I'm trying to think of more people who can play The Flash in his OWN solo movie.

Firstly, it has to be Barry Allen (obviously). Secondly, the actor has to be a freaking man - no offense to Grant Gustin (well, kinda) but he does NOT scream superhero. I've had a bit of thought and my current picks are:

No Caption Provided

Ryan Kwanten - I've said on many occasions that this dude deserves to act outside of True Blood (he's one of the best things left on that stupid show). This guy can be funny and serious when he wants to be so I think he can definitely pull off pretty much every aspect of Barry... Although for some reason everyone else sees him as Wally West :/

No Caption Provided

Ryan Phillipe - My family were watching a movie called Straight A's a few weeks ago and Phillipe was the lead - I have to say, he's amazing. He's getting old now but I can actually take him seriously if he was in red/gold spandex and if he stood beside Henry Cavill... Phillipe also has this really cool voice and I honestly believe he can pull off any superhero role.

No Caption Provided

Garrett Hedlund - I haven't seen him in anything else but Tron but he's the generic blonde actor that I think if anyone saw him on a poster, they can immediately identify him with The Flash.

Does anyone else have any other casting choices?

Maximizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate when people suggest bradley cooper...

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tyrus

I hate when people suggest bradley cooper...

Well, he's Rocket Raccoon now so blah to those people :P

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Ostyo

Chris Pine?

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Garrett Hedlund should play a villian he was so good in Death Sentence. I always thought if they had Joker in another film he would be a good fit.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Ben Affleck.....JK

for Wally West, Ryan Reynolds, with a better script than his last one, Jim Carrey is also a real good choice... they both have potential with this, provided they receive a good script (unlike whoever wrote deadpool in origins, and whoever wrote Batman and Robin....plus no schumaker wannabe director can be allowed)

for Barry Allen, I still like Jim Carey for this one, but there are better options, Zachery Quinto would probably do a good job, though he's being typecast away from this kind of role right now.

Jay Garrick, Bruce Willis, after seeing him in RED... he is my clear choice....though he needs heavy aging makeup

Bart Allen, god no...please never....I suggest Justin Bieber would be perfect, mostly cause I hate both bart and Bieber equally A LOT

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for Barry Allen, I still like Jim Carey for this one, but there are better options, Zachery Quinto would probably do a good job, though he's being typecast away from this kind of role right now.

o_O

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Okay, here goes...

Scott Speedman as Barry Allen
Scott Speedman as Barry Allen
Danneel Harris as Iris West
Danneel Harris as Iris West
Ben Foster as Eobard Thawne
Ben Foster as Eobard Thawne
Callan Mcauliffe as Young Wally West
Callan Mcauliffe as Young Wally West
Allison Mack as Patty Spivot
Allison Mack as Patty Spivot

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cast me

Just kidding

We will never gonna get satisfaction in this area

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Greeaaaaatttt picks. I also hate the choice for flash in the arrowverse.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

I want Alan Rickman as Gorilla Grodd........

No Caption Provided