Captain America: Winter Solider Review

Connect_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Connect_2000

I will try to keep this brief and spoiler free as possible. This film was great. Yes, I said it. Captain America I felt was an underrated character in the public eye. After this film, it should change that. And if it doesn't nothing will. My expectations for this film was low due to the other films in Marvel phase 2 not counting Guardians of the Galaxy (since its not out yet). This film however exceeded all my expectations. The film does have flaws, but the characters and the story make me ignore those flaws.

As good as the film is, it is not without its flaws. One flaw I notice was the mild use of shaky cam. The shaky cam isn't as bad as the Hunger Games but it is there. The beginning of the film had some of these issues, but I blame that on the movie industry as whole then the director. I hope this trend dies a quick and swift death. The last flaw I notice how they didn't focus too much on the Winter Solider. A film that is called the Winter Soldier should have had a little bit of focus on the actually Winter Solider. Many people might disagree but hey I liked Man of Steel while other didn't so, we all can't agree on everything. I don't feel these flaws ruin the film, but I would like for them to be improved on.

The story in this film is a spy action thriller that will change the Marvel Cinematic Universe if they don't undo it. Please Marvel keep this in cannon and don't do it like you did to Avengers. Moving on, the film does not have the same story as the Winter Soldier story arc, but the story in this film is good enough to where comic book fans and casuals alike can enjoy. This film has a twist but unlike Iron Man 3 it doesn't diminish any of the characters. In fact, it is the twist that trilogies use that something that we that was true but wasn't. Yeah that was from Scream 3 which is a good film by the way in my opinion.

This film has a good selection of characters from Nick Fury, Black Widow, Sam Wilson, Winter Solider, Brock Rumlow, and Captain America himself. The other characters are good as well, but these characters are the ones that stood out the most. I will start off with Nick Fury. Fury in the other films has had a presence with his personality and charm. In this film, he has more do than he did in the other films. Also, you get to see him in action and get a more detail look at his past. I will not tell you, but you will know what I talking about if you seen the film. Black Widow is good in this film like she was in the Avengers. She has a lot of scenes with Steve Rogers that bring out more of her personality. This character went from Iron Man 2 which barley had barely any personality to Captain America: The Winter Soldier where you relate to the character on a personal level. The action scenes with her were good as well. The addition of Sam Wilson wasn't forced but done well to where you buy that Rogers and Wilson were kind of like workout buddies. Also, the character has one of the best action scenes in film. Let's hope the actor behaves himself or they don't recast him like they did with Rhodey. Steve Rogers in this film is as great as ever. There is nothing more I can say without spoiling it.

Overall, Captain America: Winter Soldier is MCU's Dark Knight. And no, I will not count Spider-man or X-men since they don't share the universe. I knew before Captain America: The First Avenger came out was that a Captain America film was going to be the one to challenge Nolan's Batman film. All I say is that I hope the quality of these films get better. I