Captain America: Winter Soldier Discussion SPOILERS!!!!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#1  Edited By Extremis

This is a SPOILER! discussion thread so leave now or deal with the consequences!

Ok, so I have no one to discuss this movie with right now but I just have to. What did you guys think of the movie? Also how crazy is it that this movie really changed up the status quo of the cinematic universe. SHIELD is gone. Fury is incognito. Bucky is still out there (great plug for a sequel). And just how this is going to affect all the Avengers and their organization.

What are your guys thoughts?

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

JUST came back from it, it was a MASTERPIECE!! Not only for the superhero genre, but just as a movie! Easily the best Marvel Movie.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Best movie of the MCU to date

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Spoilers ahead.

I really enjoyed it! Dare I say it's as good as The Avengers--maybe even a little better? The action scenes were the best of the whole MCU, and the plot was also the best of the whole MCU! The action was brutal and intense, and the plot was suspenseful and intriguing. Best phase two film yet!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@extremis said:

This is a SPOILER! discussion thread so leave now or deal with the consequences!

Ok, so I have no one to discuss this movie with right now but I just have to. What did you guys think of the movie? Also how crazy is it that this movie really changed up the status quo of the cinematic universe. SHIELD is gone. Fury is incognito. Bucky is still out there (great plug for a sequel). And just how this is going to affect all the Avengers and their organization.

Not to dismiss this thread, but I made a discussion thread here a week ago. Feel free to drop some thoughts there, we're having a bit of a discussion right now ;)

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:
@extremis said:

Not to dismiss this thread, but I made a discussion thread here a week ago. Feel free to drop some thoughts there, we're having a bit of a discussion right now ;)

"Not to dismiss this thread"? Oh, really Veshark? Because that seems like exactly what you did linking your thread and all!

I won't forget this!

;)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes, you just seemed really keen to discuss it since you don't seem to have anyone else to talk to. We've got a little discussion rolling there, so I figured you might be interested in dropping some of your opinions about the topics we're covering is all ;)

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@extremis Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes, you just seemed really keen to discuss it since you don't seem to have anyone else to talk to. We've got a little discussion rolling there, so I figured you might be interested in dropping some of your opinions about the topics we're covering is all ;)

haha its cool I'm just kidding. I appreciate the invite, I'm coming over now!

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steven Strange!

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Best Movie I have seen in a very long time it is my favorite marvel movie

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

Avengers will relocate to NYC in what was previously Stark Tower, and will become independent heroes. Maria Hill will become head of a new SHIELD.

Nick Fury will still be a potent force due to his abilities, knowledge and connections, he'll probably amass an underground network, maybe a Secret Wars movie?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

@guardiandevil83 Fury had nothing to do with Secret Avengers. You could have Secret Warriors though.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That son of a gun that called Tony a prick was a villain all along!!!! "Hail Hydra," he said!!!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By judasnixon

I almost shat myself when I saw Arnim Zola.....

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I loved all the screen time Black Widow and Falcon were given. It almost felt like another Avengers movie that way. Hope to see Agent 13's role expanded in the next movie.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@judasnixon: Same here. I did not see that coming.

I loved all the screen time Black Widow and Falcon were given. It almost felt like another Avengers movie that way. Hope to see Agent 13's role expanded in the next movie.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@longbowhunter: When I saw that vintage computer and that camera on top, I knew right away......

Connect_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Connect_2000

I think the next Captain America film should be called Red Menace

Connect_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers will relocate to NYC in what was previously Stark Tower, and will become independent heroes. Maria Hill will become head of a new SHIELD.

Nick Fury will still be a potent force due to his abilities, knowledge and connections, he'll probably amass an underground network, maybe a Secret Wars movie?

I doubt the government will allow for them to create another one. I say after Avengers: Age of Ultron that we may get an Avengers Mansion. Also, the Avengers are now vigilantes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

It wasn't a masterpiece, no superhero film I've seen can I call that, the only one that comes close is TDK. Having said that, it was very, very enjoyable, my second favorite Marvel film besides the first Iron Man. I'm glad, because I was losing faith in the Phase Two films. And FINALLY, we get to see Cap actually fight using martial arts, and not just leaping, running or tossing people.

I'd give it an 8.5/10

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It wasn't a masterpiece, no superhero film I've seen can I call that, the only one that comes close is TDK. Having said that, it was very, very enjoyable, my second favorite Marvel film besides the first Iron Man. I'm glad, because I was losing faith in the Phase Two films. And FINALLY, we get to see Cap actually fight using martial arts, and not just leaping, running or tossing people.

I'd give it an 8.5/10

Son, don't question how the Captain fights.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Wolverine008

The fight with Batroc was just sick.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Loved it. The age of miracles lol. Cap 3 is gonna be so awesome.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zmasonite

Im honestly dying to know what everybody thought about Hydra's list of targets. Steven Strange, and the others?

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imho it was at least as good as Avengers. Better than Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 by a long shot.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A crtisism and a question:

First, the ONLY gripe about this movie I had was the shaky cam during the action scenes. Too many quick cuts and shakiness. Otherwise, I enjoyed it just as much as Avengers. I thought the cinematography was much better in Cap 2 than Avengers by a long shot and that the soundtrack and musical cue editing was a lot better. It was just more emotional from a character prespective and I enjoyed that a lot, finally seeing more time invested to what many characters are feeling inside instead of just acting the part without much depth. Very well made movie. Good CGI for the most part, good visuals, good story. Guy who played Buckey and Falcon are just instantly likeable and extremely well cast. Everyone fit their roles nicely and I can't see anyone else playing cap but Chris, same for Buckey. He was like the Terminator modernized and im sad he didn't have more screen time, same for Falcon. Both characters were excellent, awesome and well portrayed.

Second, what was the villains name at the end credits scene who had the scepter and was holding the twins?

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Found Captain America very enjoyable. I still feel like IM1 was the best of MCU but I would put WS as their second best outing (yes I liked both more than Avengers). WS had the deepest story of any Marvel film to date (imo) and also fewer jokes than IM3 and TDW, which really was refreshing as it helped in keeping the drama more intense.

Thought Bucky was a great villain and happy with how they left him at the end of the film. Really felt like Falcon didn't work well on screen and was my least favourite aspect of the film. His scenes just didn't hold any weight and he seemed like a cheap addition to the story.

Easily one of the better CBMs ever made, but as a piece of cinematic art, like nearly all its MCU predecessors, not so great.

• Directing-4
  • Writing/Story-4
  • Acting-3
  • Enjoyment-4
  • How often would I watch it-3 (from time to time)

Overall-3.5 out of 5