Captain America winter soilder vs Dark knight rises

megatron97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which movie was better? Bonus round which fight scene was better the cap 2 highway fight or the bane vs bat man sewer fight

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Captain American had a better fight imo. Neither movie was the best but DKR was better imo.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

I like Bane more than Bucky and Batman more than Cap, and Selina more than Widow. So, I vote TDKR.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises is a better move than TWS, what with the acting and music and all that. The highway fight was very intense, I actually watch that fight over on YouTube sometimes. The choreography of it is a little bit better than the sewer fight but the sewer fight still stands up to it because its actually telling a story. The sewer fight a lot deeper than the highway fight. Its about an older Batman actually getting beaten for once, meeting his match and having everything taken away from him. What stood out to me in that fight is the lack of music. It doesn't need music to make you feel something, the feeling of hopelessness is natural as you watch batman attacking bane to no avail and getting broken.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Winter Soldier

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Bane more than Bucky and Batman more than Cap, and Selina more than Widow. So, I vote TDKR.

this

klbro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dark knight rises. both

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of story/plot as movies go: TWS did it better.

In terms of fight scenes: TWS stomps

Darkusdude327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I liked both of them a lot. Gotta give it to Winter Soldier though. Even though Rises had the better villain in my opinion, Winter Soldier felt more cohesive, had better focus, and personally, I think TDKR ran on a bit too long. The Dark Knight is actually my favorite movie of all time, and I really likes Rises, but Winter Soldier felt more fulfilling and didn't run on any longer than it needed to.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10 JediXMan  Moderator

TDK > Winter Soldier > TDKR

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tws fight scenes>anything Nolan batman movies put out. Nolans batman was stiff. Most of the time if I couldn't tell what was going on it looked like he was using blocks as punches.

Storytelling is equal. TWS was a game changer for mcu. It was the most important film phase 2.

Tdkr was the finale. Not better than tdk imo, which TWS was the best mcu film to date when it premiered.

I always hold TWS>over TDKR

HoosierHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The winter soldier for both of them

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TWS

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier but Rises was pretty good

DevilFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TWS stomps both rounds

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Winter Soldier is a far better movie.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think TDKR is a better movie, but TWS has better fight scenes by far (not like TDKR had terrible ones).

I mean, there were times in the movie where people fell down without being anywhere near Batman's reach. It was kinda funny.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises, aside from a few sloppy action cuts, is a superior film in my eyes.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The Dark Knight Rises was the superior film imo.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises, aside from a few sloppy action cuts, is a superior film in my eyes.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were good, but Winter soldier is better imo...the character of Steve Rogers was brought pretty much perfect. Straight out of the comic books. Batman while awesome never really showed off many of his detective skills, a huge part of his character.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gracetrack

Rises is the better overall film. It gets such a bad rap. Winter Soldier does action better.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier has better action but Rises is a better movie.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

TDKR is mediocre. It was bombastic and loud, Bane's death was anti-climactic, the twist was unnecessary, Bane reading the letter exposing Harvey/Gordon and everyone believing him was so dumb: I can't believe that scene made it into the sequel to one of the best films of the 21st century, Blake knowing Bruce = Batman because a "look in his eyes" was silly and had no place in this movie, Talia as a whole was awful, the inclusion of Bane breaking Batman's back was merely fan service given how dumb the resolution was, and the movie misunderstands Batman's character sooo bad. If you try and succeed at being a light, fun romp, that's great. If you try and succeed at being a serious, thoughtful movie that transcends the genre, that's great.

TDKR thinks it's profound and thinks it's above your average superhero movie, but it's just as poorly written as a dumb, mindless action flick, which makes it a tough watch.

The Winter Soldier on the other hand, is one of the most well put-together superhero movies. It has great action sequences, is perfectly paced, fun, well-acted, has a solid emotional core, and doesn't bite off more than it can chew.

Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers