Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Again, huge spoiler upcoming

In the most recent issue of Captain America Marvel Now, they killed off Ian.

For anyone who doesn't really care for this series and doesn't mind the spoilers, Ian was Captain Americas non-biological son that he saved from Arnim Zola at birth. He raised him for 12 (ish) years as his father. He struggles through Dimension Z, has Zola's conscious mind installed into his stomach which makes the struggle even worse, is shot and stabbed numerous times trying to save Ian, finally gets Ian to snap out of Zolas manipulation, has a touching moment with him, and what do Marvel do? KILL HIM OFF.

WHY? Why why why why why? You just spent a good what.. 6-9 (can't remember off the top of my head) issues building Ians character development and the bond between him and Cap. I genuinely had an interest in the character, and I thought he could have gone somewhere further than Dimension Z. He could have become his own hero or SOMETHING I don't know, but giving Cap a son would of been great for his character and you kill him off. Makes no sense. Didn't add anything to the story for me, only took away an element I liked.

Worst part is, who killed him? Sharon (I think her name was). Sharon was Caps girlfriend 12 years ago before he was taken to Dimension Z. She had nothing especially superhuman or strange about her. She just looked like a normalwoman who Cap was dating. Cap leaves her for TWELVE YEARS.

A normal woman would have moved on, found a new man, and gotten on with her life. But what does this Sharon do? Gets herself a gun, some nice armor, tracks Captain America CROSS DIMENSION for TWELVE YEARS and shoots a 12 year old.

Not only does this not make a lick of sense to me, but you killed one of the best characters in the story for NO GOOD REASON in THE MOST STUPID WAY.

Shame on you Marvel.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Mediocre plot developments are to be expected from a mediocre series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@citizenbane: There was nothing mediocre about it up until Ian was killed.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They're doing the Batman/Damian father son grief thing.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

They're doing the Batman/Damian father son grief thing.

What like the five stages, one issue each?

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That sucks. Ian seemed really intresting. :/