#1 Posted by Shadou (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is better superman to tell you the truth....seriously who wants read a comic book about a virtually invincible hero that goes around doing pretty much the same thing, i'm not talking powers/abilities wise im talkin' characteristic wise.   

Look at this, when captain america died it was all over national news....local news, GMA and when superman died i think about twice, he just ended up coming back to life again.  

....yeah thats nice n' stuff

R.I.P. Earth's mightiest hero

so who is the better hero?  

DC's greatest hero?                           Or Marvel's greatest hero?

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman: Depowered.

Cap who?
#3 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

pwnt

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.  both of them have their problems, but both of them are great too.

#5 Posted by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I love cap, he's got so much fight in him. Superman just feels too... happy? I'm not sure what word I'm looking for. Plus, Supes is an alien. So there's that.

#6 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

yay another i don't like superman.....let me compare him to.......he is to unrealistic BS thread, this is why i get out of bed.

who wants to read a comic about someone who is virtually invincible hero that goes around doing pretty much the same thing......uh i do. aren't all comics like that. look at hulk or thor(virtually invincible heroes)...tell me am i wrong.

now i understand  you might not like superman....but don't go around saying he a bad character or say someone is a better hero.

cap's death on the news....but was it the number one selling comic in history ????

that said.

Both Superman and Captain America are great heroes and my two favorite heroes of all time.

#7 Posted by Shadou (69 posts) - - Show Bio

never actually said he was....i just said in short that captain america is a better character than he is

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

Its your opinion and thats cool. I would however disagree with your original post. When Superman was reported to be getting killed the first time, it was in all the newspapers and news coverage of it was crazy. It was a big story. Bigger then the death of Cap.

#9 Posted by Harold Archer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I think both of these are great heroes.  I will say you have a right to your opinion, as most people have favorites, but I can't see how cap is better than superman.  They both are the best they can be, and I have enjoyed reading them as well as others.

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then.... he shoots fire from the skies and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we are that it does not occur to him.-Batman
#11 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then.... he shoots fire from the skies and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we are that it does not occur to him.-Batman"

claps
#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I, personally, like Cap much more. I still like the whole thing of him trying to level-up with being frozen for so many years (though they skimped on that after a while).

#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Well supes with no powers couldn't take out a bunch of caveman. Captain Takes on super powered people on a daily basis. Captain would be a better hero being one of earths best fighters and a great leader superman doesn't really stand a chance here. He was only known for having to many powers and being the strongest. Captain wasn't the strongest of the Avengers but he was known for his leader skills.

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

You know its not a fight between the two right?

#15 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

DURHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#16 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

your opinion is yours

but i don't think cap is better then supes,i see them as equals

@ zee,yeah superman has no leadership skills, JL is nothing

#17 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Superman: Depowered.

Cap who?
"
Also, as far as the whole caveman thing goes. Heres Sups beating three dudes with guns (and he's de-powered)
#18 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"You know its not a fight between the two right?
"

You know that is Zee crusher right?

zzzzzzz
#19 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

I do agree that Steve Rogers is a better leader than Superman, but saying that Superman doesn't have leadership skills is a slap in the face

#20 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I do agree that Steve Rogers is a better leader than Superman, but saying that Superman doesn't have leadership skills is a slap in the face
"
Agreed.

But Superman isn't the leader of the JLA, Black Canary is.
#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Nighthunter said:
"I do agree that Steve Rogers is a better leader than Superman, but saying that Superman doesn't have leadership skills is a slap in the face
"
Agreed.

But Superman isn't the leader of the JLA, Black Canary is.
"
currently, but how many times has Superman leaded the league? besides it's obvious that Black Canary ain't ready for the job yet (personal opinion)
#22 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know Green Arrow was doing the leader... figures.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

#23 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Unbelonger said:
"

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

"
green arrow?
#24 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Superman is a little better than Captain America

Superman is more of a stigma of greatness for all superheroes in general... well at least for the average non comic book reading person

lol
#25 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i understand why people say cap is better. cause they like him more then superman

does it make it true ??

you like him more so he is better in your opinion ,does it mean he is better. no it dosen't

let's say someone made a who's better squirrel girl or spiderman thread.

my opinion is squirrel girl is better,cause i dislike spiderman,but does it make it true ,no

#26 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Unbelonger said:
"

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

"
green arrow?
"

Weren't they married?

zzzzzzz
#27 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"i understand why people say cap is better. cause they like him more then superman

does it make it true ??

you like him more so he is better in your opinion ,does it mean he is better. no it dosen't

let's say someone made a who's better squirrel girl or spiderman thread.

my opinion is squirrel girl is better,cause i dislike spiderman,but does it make it true ,no"

There is no true or not true when it comes to "who do you like better". Your opinion is the truth to yourself.

If you think Squirrel Girl is better than Spider-Man.....it's the truth to you.

If you mean, Squirrel Girl is better than Spider-Man is not a fact, then no, saying that is not a fact-because there are no facts when it comes to preferences.
#28 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

lol it seens people are say cap cause they like him more.but thats just what im seeing

#29 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"lol it seens people are say cap cause they like him more.but thats just what im seeing

"

Asking who you think is better is asking "who do you like more", except in a less-appropriate wrapping. If someone likes Superman more than Cap.....then Superman is better than Cap, to them.

To me, Cap is better because I like him more. The only way one is better than the other is through abilities (IE: Superman is better than Captain America in everything physical, pretty much), but I don't think that's what the thread is about.
#30 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i see what your saying

but this not that type of thread.

#31 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"lol it seens people are say cap cause they like him more.but thats just what im seeing

"

Asking who you think is better is asking "who do you like more", except in a less-appropriate wrapping. If someone likes Superman more than Cap.....then Superman is better than Cap, to them.

To me, Cap is better because I like him more. The only way one is better than the other is through abilities (IE: Superman is better than Captain America in everything physical, pretty much), but I don't think that's what the thread is about."
No, if it's a conditioned opinion, you can make a more objective aproach.

zzzzzzzz
#32 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both awesome heroes, must we choose between them?

#33 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"They are both awesome heroes, must we choose between them?"

thats the way i feel. lol
#34 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"Super-Buster said:

thats the way i feel. lol"
Yeah, they are both the golden standards in their particular companies yet the title asks which is better? Better at what? Asking me to choose between them is brutal.
#35 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio
Super-Buster said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"Super-Buster said:

thats the way i feel. lol"
Yeah, they are both the golden standards in their particular companies yet the title asks which is better? Better at what? Asking me to choose between them is brutal."

lol

did you read the first post ?
#36 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
it's obvious that Black Canary ain't ready for the job yet (personal opinion)
Why?
#37 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio
@TJ: Oh yea, oops. You still can't get me to choose though.
#38 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"
I know this I never said anything about them fighting.

Gambler said:
"Gambler said:

Cap who?
"
Also, as far as the whole caveman thing goes. Heres Sups beating three dudes with guns (and he's de-powered)
"

That doesn't really even make sense. Since when could a trash can cover stop bullets? Isn't it obvious he got the first few hits in this? Plus you shouldn't even count this. You said the same thing about gladiator saying since he should his stuff once why count it so why count one thing superman does with alot of luck and bad writing to something captain america does on a daily basis?

Nighthunter said:

"

All he really does is try and use his powers to do the stuff himself. Doomsday fight, shaggy man fight, imperiex fight all the same way. Captain would have been smart and tried strategy. Captain knows he has a team and unlike superman would realize he could use it then try it himself.

#39 Posted by Shadou (69 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I think Superman is a little better than Captain America

Superman is more of a stigma of greatness for all superheroes in general... well at least for the average non comic book reading person

lol
"
T-T....so what you're trying to say is every superhero created is based on superman? or are you trying to say that every superhero represents superman....because if you're saying that, thats BS on both parts
#40 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Gambler said:
"
I know this I never said anything about them fighting.

Gambler said:
"Gambler said:

Cap who?
"
"

That doesn't really even make sense. Since when could a trash can cover stop bullets? Isn't it obvious he got the first few hits in this? Plus you shouldn't even count this. You said the same thing about gladiator saying since he should his stuff once why count it so why count one thing superman does with alot of luck and bad writing to something captain america does on a daily basis?

Are you really trying to bring real life into a comicbook debate? Of course a trash can couldn't stop a bullet. Just like a normal human (Captain America) couldn't do 90% of the $#@! he does. Come on man your not even making sense.
#41 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

DURHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#42 Posted by Shadou (69 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Huntress said:
"DURHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
um okay....?
#43 Posted by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"

yay another i don't like superman.....let me compare him to.......he is to unrealistic BS thread, this is why i get out of bed.

who wants to read a comic about someone who is virtually invincible hero that goes around doing pretty much the same thing......uh i do. aren't all comics like that. look at hulk or thor(virtually invincible heroes)...tell me am i wrong.

now i understand  you might not like superman....but don't go around saying he a bad character or say someone is a better hero.

cap's death on the news....but was it the number one selling comic in history ????

that said.

Both Superman and Captain America are great heroes and my two favorite heroes of all time.

"
lol, oh teej.
#44 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Nighthunter said:
it's obvious that Black Canary ain't ready for the job yet (personal opinion)
Why?
"
Personally I don't think that she has showed the leadership skills to lead the Justice League yet, but that is only personal opinion