• 130 results
69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

I was just thinking, is it possible for Cap to have the best SOLO cbm movie trilogy?

Lets look at what it has to beat:

Old Spidey trilogy.

#1 OK. #2 Amazing. #3 complete s*** storm

TASM

#1 OK. #2 OK. #3 ?

IM

#1 Amazing. #2 OK. #3 Amazing

TDK

#1 OK. #2 Amazing. #3 complete s*** storm.

Thor

#1 Great. #2 Great. #3 ?

CAP

#1 Great. #2 Amazing. #3 will see. But if the Russo's can bring us the same quality as TWS than its a possibility.

So can Cap win the best cbm trilogy? Or is to late.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

No, Batman has that.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really dude? Rises was as bad as Spider-man 3 for you? And worse than Iron Man 2, 3, and the ASM movies? Jesus Christ.

@eyedcyou said:
No Caption Provided

No, Batman has that.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: This guy is VERY marvel biased. I wouldn't recommend getting in an argument with him when he responds.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is alright, but no way is it nearly the best CBM trilogy.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Discussion and overall I agree with you, at least on Caps potential

Cap, Iron Man and Batman are neck and neck.

All three have a signature movie that is widely accepted as outstanding. Reasonable minds will disagree which is the best of IM, Cap 2 and DK, although I've listed them in the order of my preference.

I think you've under rated DKR and overrated IM 3. I feel that they are roughly the equal of Cap 1.

Batman Begins and IM 2 are close and it depends on which character you prefer. I do expect Cap 3 to exceed either of these movies and thus be viewed as the best single hero trilogy ever.

Thor and Spiderman (both) are not in the discussion

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's completely subjective. Although personally I've enjoyed Caps trilogy more than any other solo cbm series.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jmarshmallow

While opinions are of course subjective, based off box office, awards, social/cultural impact, etc., it's clear that the Dark Knight trilogy is the best Comic Book Movie Trilogy.

Followed by the original Spider-Man trilogy, and in third is the Iron Man trilogy.

Jmarshmallow

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's possible, but it's way too early to call a definitive yes or no at this point.

His third movie may be cursed with suck, it may not, who knows?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By SoA

cap : the first avenger was good. not great (stupid "buy war bonds" montage nearly ruined entire movie for me )

hated DKR , but some people liked it (for some reason)

spiderman is hit or miss for me no matter what trilogy , neither hate or love

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe people forgive the first movie based on how great the second movie was.

Also how i could say that?, since we have no part 3.

Is like saying Harry Potter is the best trilogy of all time.

People has called me math freack for the fact i freack out on the fct in this site you can get 130% of votes.

But a trilogy = 3 movies.

Captain America Franchise so far = 2.

We still dont know if Marvel is going to stop in part 3, since they are talking about Ironman 4.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@soa said:

cap : the first avenger was good. not great (stupid "buy war bonds" montage nearly ruined entire movie for me )

hated DKR , but some people liked it (for some reason)

spiderman is hit or miss for me no matter what trilogy , neither hate or love

TDKR had a better critical reception (and fan reception) than Batman Begins. This ''for some reason'' is a consensus that simply goes against your own opinion (must be hard to comprehend, right?).

The Dark Knight Trilogy is the best.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 frozen  Moderator
@eyedcyou said:

@silverpool: This guy is VERY marvel biased. I wouldn't recommend getting in an argument with him when he responds.

Also this.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

LOL NO! Dark Knight is by far the best CBM trilogy. By far.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: very hard to comprehend . tell me is it general consensus that stated tdk trilogy to be the best or your own personal opinion ?

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2: i was actully hoping more people would post how they rated each film in trilogys. how do u rate TDK trilogy?

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: it suprises u for someone to feel this way about Rises? Really?! i thought this was common.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@soa said:

@frozen: very hard to comprehend . tell me is it general consensus that stated tdk trilogy to be the best or your own personal opinion ?

It should not be - that's akin to me taking a critically acclaimed film and saying ''I find it hard to comprehend that other people like this!''. I could say the same for The Avengers. ''Why do people like this inane, childish garbage?''.

The Avengers is a film I despise, yet atleast I acknowledge that the objective consensus liked the film.

TDKT is the best Comic-Book trilogy from a critical/fan reception standpoint, as TDKR >>> Batman Begins is by the same score.

TDKR for example has an 8.6/10 IMDb rating (#51 on the Top 250), 88% (8/10 avg rating), 78/100 MetaCritic (top critics) and AFI top 10 of the year, those are very healthy scores (and higher than the first entry of the trilogy).

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@69ball-z-deep: Either an 8 or maybe even a early 9. Or maybe even a 9.3/6 maximum.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@69ball-z-deep: I'd rate the trilogy:

Batman Begins - 8.5/10

The Dark Knight - 9.5/10

The Dark Knight Rises - 8.8/10 or 9/10

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: okay , im not trying to start anything but i gotta know (just gotta!!!) what makes the tdkr such a good movie? you got like a top 5 , top 10 list on this? am i just missing something here ? again not being malicious i just want to know if this a genuine feeling or you are just a batfan supporting the fandom that you align yourself with??? what makes this movie set itself apart from sub par to meh , where you have it personally rated a 8-9/10??

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Disagree. I, for one, did not particularly like the over-campy Captain America movie, while I loved Winter Soldier - which is why it's #2-3 on my list. TDK is my favorite.

I still think that the Dark Knight trilogy is the best; TDKR wasn't awful, just disappointing.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@soa: Firstly, yes, I'm a Batman fan across all medium (mostly comics).

Secondly, because it has a brilliant cast of actors, thematically complex, packed an emotional punch (as Bale's Batman is the only live-action version which made an effort for the audience to care about) and it was a great conclusion. It's a very epic film - especially the police charge. My main problem was the editing errors (some of which were really bad) and wanted more expansion on how the people of Gotham reacted to him (and a bit better pacing).

I like that it was different from The Dark Knight, and thus fresh (each film in the trilogy is unique in it's own way and visually, aesthetically different). It may have been disappointing but I NEVER expected it to be better than The Dark Knight. How do you top The Dark Knight? The answer: you don't, but you can still craft a thoughtful action film which concludes Bruce Wayne's journey.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a fair way to grade each film in each trilogy would be like this:

SM - 1st- Great 2nd- Amazing 3rd- Bad

ASM - 1st- Good 2nd- OK (closer to bad)

IM - 1st- Amazing 2nd- Good 3rd- Good

TDK - 1st- Great 2nd- Amazing 3rd- Good

Thor- 1st- Good 2nd- Good

Cap- 1st- Good 2nd- Amazing

These are not based on my opinion, but rather what the general consensus seems to be around each film.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 frozen  Moderator

@jedixman: Why is TDK your favorite? If you don't mind me asking, I'm simply curious.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@eyedcyou said:

I think a fair way to grade each film in each trilogy would be like this:

SM - 1st- Great 2nd- Amazing 3rd- Bad

ASM - 1st- Good 2nd- OK (closer to bad)

IM - 1st- Amazing 2nd- Good 3rd- Good

TDK - 1st- Great 2nd- Amazing 3rd- Good

Thor- 1st- Good 2nd- Good

Cap- 1st- Good 2nd- Amazing

These are not based on my opinion, but rather what the general consensus seems to be around each film.

I disagree with the bolded if you're basing that on the general consensus.

Iron Man 2 was not really well received.

TDKR has higher ratings than Batman Begins (based on a consensus).

Cap 2 actually has worse ratings than TDKR and Batman Begins.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I understand that it is still subjunctive, but I also tried to include the way that most Viners seem to feel about each film. Before I got on Comicvine, I honestly never met anyone that didn't like TDKR, but on here, a lot of people dislike it, so I kept it at good. Iron Man 3 is pretty similar. A lot of people liked it outside the Vine, but a lot of people here were kinda meh on it. Outside the Vine, a lot of people seemed to like Cap 2, and here that seems to be similar.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@eyedcyou said:

@frozen: I understand that it is still subjunctive, but I also tried to include the way that most Viners seem to feel about each film. Before I got on Comicvine, I honestly never met anyone that didn't like TDKR, but on here, a lot of people dislike it, so I kept it at good. Iron Man 3 is pretty similar. A lot of people liked it outside the Vine, but a lot of people here were kinda meh on it. Outside the Vine, a lot of people seemed to like Cap 2, and here that seems to be similar.

But which consensus are you taking? ComicVine consensus? (then TDKR is lower than Begins, but on more representative polls of the general viewers then it's higher than Begins). I never thought anyone disliked Skyfall until I wondered onto it's IMDb page (and The Avengers; when it was released).

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EyeDCyou

@frozen said:

But which consensus are you taking? I never thought anyone disliked Skyfall until I wondered onto it's IMDb page (and The Avengers; when it was released).

Well, first I considered the general consensus of the public (people I know, Box office, RT score, IMDB score, etc.). Then, after that, I added in Comicvine opinions.

If we were talking about consensus of the general public, then TDKR would be great, Iron Man 2 would be OK, and Cap 2 would probably also be great (still close to amazing.)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JediXMan  Moderator
@frozen said:

@jedixman: Why is TDK your favorite? If you don't mind me asking, I'm simply curious.

1. Great storyline
  2. Fantastic acting
  3. Was not a standard action movie, which is what most superhero movies are
  4. Essentially began the trend of serious comic book movies. It took itself seriously.
  5. Minimal, if any, use of CGI (I appreciate this)
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@frozen said:

1. Great storyline
  2. Fantastic acting
  4. Essentially began the trend of serious comic book movies. It took itself seriously.

I agree with most of this, but:

• Does Batman Begins not deserve credit for beginning the trend of serious superhero films?
  • Was Christian Bale not drier as his character in TDK than he was Begins and TDKR?
  • Did you find the trilogy realistic?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JediXMan  Moderator

@frozen said:

@jedixman said:
@frozen said:

1. Great storyline
  2. Fantastic acting

I agree with most of this, but:

• Does Batman Begins not deserve credit for beginning the trend of serious superhero films?
  • Was Christian Bale not drier as his character in TDK than he was Begins and TDKR?
  • Did you find the trilogy realistic?

1. In part, yes, it does. But it didn't take that "extra step." I almost feel like the batsuit had something to do with it, as well. It felt more like a superhero movie. One of the differences is that TDK focused on Gordon and other characters, as well - not just Batman and his villains.

2. That's fine. You can view that as the Bruce Wayne persona melting away; also, the movie focused more on the idea that Batman is his true self, not Bruce Wayne.

3. Except for parts of Rises, yes, I do. I liked the effort put into explains his gadgets. I liked the thriller tone, over the action movie tone. It wasn't just a fight with fists, but ideals. It made for a more compelling movie.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: so at this point going by your list if Cap 3 is Amazing, could it be the best trilogy?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: nothing wrong with being apart of a fandom. (unless your a falcon fan, those guys are weird) the casting was fine (except for anne hathaway, boring just boring) and bane's muffled voice (tom hardy was perfect in physical stature and eloquence, and one of the reasons why i had to see this film ) editing and pacing errors a plenty. its like the had a 4 hour film and need to squish it in for 2.5 and it became a bit of a mess by the third act . i liked the twist with talia and that whole concept but it was executed sloppily . no need for the villains to bite the bullet but again so there was no lead on for a future nolan based sequel they got the axe. i can understand how they wanted the film to end with bruce and selina running off to europe, even though bruce should be almost instantly recognized (didn't even dye his hair or grow a beard lol) or with the john blake ending "this is (Never) The End" bit but again it wasn't cohesive and the finished product came out a big mess. my personal rating would be 5/10. i will say this as a trilogy it at least had a beginning and an end. not many movies do that (iron man trilogy) or people get greedy and make unneeded sequels (transformers among others)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37  Edited By Fallschirmjager

IM3 = amazing but TDKR = shit storm trolololol

IM 2 = ok but BB = ok trololololol

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jedixman:

1. Do you mean that TDK transcended the genre more than Batman Begins did? Because I can agree with that; as Batman Begins was more fantastical in tone with Ninja's, etc; and Batman Begins while very good, had a generic third act (definitely not the case for TDK)
  2. Which parts of Rises do you find unrealistic? (personally I find the films to more realistic than other superhero films, but not necessarily realistic, which strengthens the films)
  3. I took the struggle against The Joker as an analogy for The War on Terror; and questioning the moral foundation of Batman
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By slimj87d

It all depends on the 3rd movie.

Batman's trilogy was very good, so if Caps 3rd movie is as good or better than the second movie, it could average out better.

It's hard to beat the dark Knight though, I think WS and Dark Knight are neck and neck.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 frozen  Moderator
@soa said:

@frozen: nothing wrong with being apart of a fandom. (unless your a falcon fan, those guys are weird) the casting was fine (except for anne hathaway, boring just boring) and bane's muffled voice (tom hardy was perfect in physical stature and eloquence, and one of the reasons why i had to see this film ) editing and pacing errors a plenty. its like the had a 4 hour film and need to squish it in for 2.5 and it became a bit of a mess by the third act . i liked the twist with talia and that whole concept but it was executed sloppily . no need for the villains to bite the bullet but again so there was no lead on for a future nolan based sequel they got the axe. i can understand how they wanted the film to end with bruce and selina running off to europe, even though bruce should be almost instantly recognized (didn't even dye his hair or grow a beard lol) or with the john blake ending "this is (Never) The End" bit but again it wasn't cohesive and the finished product came out a big mess. my personal rating would be 5/10. i will say this as a trilogy it at least had a beginning and an end. not many movies do that (iron man trilogy) or people get greedy and make unneeded sequels (transformers among others)

• Anne Hathaway was brilliant. Much better than Pfeiffer. She captured the spirit and tone of Catwoman - anyways, boring is a term I'd perhaps label to Rachel (the character was quite generic)
  • Bane's voice was not muffled. That was a fear made prior to the film yet I understood every single word perfectly; they did after all, re-record Hardy's dialogue
  • Editing errors were prevalent but they did not ruin the film (and they do not really stick out while watching the film; or effect the experience of the film)
  • I did not find Talia's reveal to be sloppy, her death certainly was; but she carried the final act which made sense to me; who else would have drove the bomb in the truck?
  • Bane dying wasn't really that bad; A) It pertained to the theme of ''watching your surroundings'' from the first film and B) The film was billed as conclusion

Bruce would be instantly recognized? I do not understand this point. Ra's Al Ghul DID recognize him, but let's re-evaluate: the Chinese (I presume) police in Batman Begins could not even recognize that it was Bruce Wayne attempting to steal his own technology (and thus Wayne was thrown into prison). Bruce travelled the world for 7 years and nobody noticed him until Ra's: for years, people in Gotham were under the impression Bruce was dead - if people would instantly recognize him then why did it take 7 years for people to do so in Batman Begins?

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

TDR is not horrible, nor bad... it`s a great movie.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SoA

@frozen: with bane's voice are you basing this on the movie release or did they fix this on the dvd ? i for one cannot stand hathaway but you are 100% correct on rachel (blah.) i thank you for not going into a tirade and actually being reasonable with your view on the movie . based on your opinion and reasoning i bump up my previous rating to a 6/10.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By legacy6364

The Dark Knight Trilogy was the best CBM trilogy in my opinion. Though TDKR was disappointing.

There's always a disappointment in every trilogy.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well from the marvel movies, it very well can be the best for certain. It only has Spider-man Iron man, Hulk and Thor to go up against.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator

In regards to The Dark Knight Trilogy, from a objective standpoint, Batman Begins has the lowest scores across fan/critic scores of the three yet those are still very high - I think that speaks quality for a great trilogy.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny to think, but no comic book character has three good films, so if Cap can have a forth good film he will have the best comic book trilogy.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@soa said:

@frozen: with bane's voice are you basing this on the movie release or did they fix this on the dvd ? i for one cannot stand hathaway but you are 100% correct on rachel (blah.) i thank you for not going into a tirade and actually being reasonable with your view on the movie . based on your opinion and reasoning i bump up my previous rating to a 6/10.

• On both - but in the DVD he is perhaps clearer due to the fact that is no cinema experience and thus less people present
  • Okay, if you do not like Hathaway fair enough because that's subjective but her portrayal was completely and utterly faithful so I don't see what else she could have done
  • Nice to see you bumped up the rating. Was a pleasant discussion
MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#48  Edited By MatthewParker

While opinions are of course subjective, based off box office, awards, social/cultural impact, etc., it's clear that the Dark Knight trilogy is the best Comic Book Movie Trilogy.

Followed by the original Spider-Man trilogy, and in third is the Iron Man trilogy.

Jmarshmallow

The Spider-Man trilogy grossed more then the Dark Knight Trilogy, so at least boxoffice wise spideys got this.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

The Spider-Man trilogy grossed more then the Dark Knight Trilogy, so at least boxoffice wise spideys got this.

Hm, really?

Interesting, I never would have guessed that.

Still, I would say that overall (including awards, social impact, etc.), the DK Trilogy is still #1.

I did put Spidey in a close second, though.

Jmarshmallow

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

If Cap 3 is close to as good as Winter Soldier then it would become my favorite. I really enjoyed the first movie and TWS is my favorite CBM.

I didn't enjoy Rises much at all. Too drawn out in the middle and left a lot to be desired to me.

None of the other franchises are close to those two for me. IM is my 3rd favorite cbm but 2 and 3 weren't fantastic. Thor 2 was very disappointing to me.