#1 Posted by SOG7dc (8090 posts) - - Show Bio

Not once has anybody actually backed the claim that a character is "op" up with facts that prove it. It's only meaning is "I hate the character but don't have a valid reason for hating them" it's meaningless and over used. So can we stop?

#2 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it is the Internet. People have the right to spew uninformed and biased opinions as much as they like.

#3 Edited by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the overpowered argument, it's mostly used against Superman. But, Hulk is overpowered, Thor is overpowered, Wonder Woman is overpowered, Flash is overpowered. It doesn't make them any less good of a character (in some cases it improves quality of the character) it just means they have to get higher caliber threats and sometimes they lack tough enough opponents. I don't see why being overpowered is such a big deal tho, it's just a different style.

#4 Posted by SC (13349 posts) - - Show Bio

Well its a relative term, lots of relative terms exist. They are valid situation to situation. Galactus could be too OP to join the X-Men. Really only conceptually though and for some, a good writer should be able to make it work, just that too many fans would probably be too skeptical of that decision for Marvel to given them a chance. I don't use the term myself though, nor do I use PIS for the same reason.

#5 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8933 posts) - - Show Bio

People claim a hero vastly superior power-wise to one they like is overpowered. For example: Superman sucks cuz he's overpowered, but I like Hulk. By the by I am not insulting Supes or Hulk fans this just came to mind first. The only "overpowered" thing in comics in my opinion was the introduction of the whole speedforce thing. Flash was cool enough without it, since then I feel it's gotten out of hand. But some people like it, so whatever. I just don't read Flash now.

#6 Edited by Wolverine08 (45573 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, comic fans use a lot of terms incorrectly.

"Overrated"- I do not like this character.

"Overpowered"- I do not like the fact that the character I don't like is formidable.

"Overexposed"- I don't like the fact the character I don't like is popular.

"Overused"- I do not like the fact that Marvel and DC wisely use their popular characters more than others.

#7 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

I walked over powered bridge.

#8 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot people assume that a powerful character is overpowered. It's terrible. I wish people can stop saying it but it's not going to stop

#9 Posted by sinestro_GL (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, it is merited at times...but I agree, the term is used too often that when it is correctly used, it has less meaning

#10 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, it needs to stop.

Another reason I want comic book magazines.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (25989 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! We must continue to illogically hate a character based not on characterization, storytelling or creeds but rather on our opinion we judge as fact of them being ''stronger than we'd like them to be''. Claiming that we should stop this is just to logical a notion for the internet to even entertain.

#12 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8675 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it is the Internet. People have the right to spew uninformed and biased opinions as much as they like.

Agreed.

It'll be locked, but they still have the right to rant just like @sog7dc has the right to rant about there ranting.

#13 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

Overpowered.......

sorry. I said it again.....

#14 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

MY POLITICS ARE BETTER THEN YOUR POLITICS!!!!! x3

I feel like overpowered counts in the case of Silver Age Superman :3