• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: You are either a hardcore superman fan or a batman hater.

Now, where should I start? First of all batman did beat superman in a fair fight, in fact he has done it multiple times and supes wasnt holding back when he was possesed by poison ivy. He did use k nite to beat him but the thing is batman knows how to take down superman using k nite in which lex luthor doesnt: He does posses knite but cant incorporate it in a way to take down supes, thats something only batman could do. Stop telling me stuff like superman can desteroy gotham and all its villains in a heartbeat, he cant u are just overpowering him. If you want to know how the joker could beat supes then ill give u an example. Joker is smarter and more strategically enhanced than superman, he will come up with a way to use knite just like batman did. If you want an example he could incorporate knite into his laughing gas or something like that but He has many other options that he could use to kill supes . Scarecrow on the other hand could cause problems to batman who is much much much more smarter then supes. Just think about how effective his powers will be on supes, he could literally make supes cry for his mom. The thing with batman villains is that they are all psychologically threatening and more likely to just kill you by surprise. Supes might outmatch them physically, but when it comes to all the manipulative bat villains, he has no chance.

#102 Edited by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19: 1. He did it, multiple times, and they were all fair fights which supes wasnt holding back. Hence superman called him the most dangerous man on earth, get over it guys, supes lost to batman, stop being such a fanboy and overpowering supes.

#103 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19: 1. He did it, multiple times, and they were all fair fights which supes wasnt holding back. Hence superman called him the most dangerous man on earth, get over it guys, supes lost to batman, stop being such a fanboy and overpowering supes.

Name them because every time superman was holding back and/or under mind control. Stop being a fanboy and overpowering batman

#104 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@sog7dc: Do you actually think lex luthor is smarter than batman? If he had half the genious level batman did he would have killed supes like a millin times already. I mean supes lost to batman and if lex is smarter than batman then i dont see why lex havent beaten superman yet.

1.Supes never lost to batman.

2.Its already been stated that Lex Luthor is the smartest man on the planet

3.Lex hasnt beaten Superman for the same reason Joker hasnt beaten batman. Because the good guy always wins

Batman outsmarted Lex couple of times before. Both are very close in my mind. Statements don't matter much, Superman once said that Batman was the most dangerous man in earth. If it ever comes to Lex vs. Batman I'd give to Batman.

Lex Luthor is the smartest its been confirmed for years. You think Batman could beat the guy whos whole armory is designed to take down superman and has taken on both batman and superman on at the same time before. Cmon stop wanking batman

Batman has his own armory and more allies than Luthor can dream of. Also Lex is always overconfident. Batman always comes prepared and is uses others weaknesses against them. He is a great strategist. This is very close match up, could go in anyone's favor.

Batman's armory is mostly designed to fight street level villians. Luthors is meant to fight superhumans. And dont forget That lex has allies of his own that can fight for him. Lex is a master of getting others too fight for him. Lex is a great strategist to. I honestly believe that Lex would win

#105 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading this made me sad. I just don't understand your logic.

#106 Edited by mightyrearranger (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading this made me sad. I just don't understand your logic.

Which one? (PICK ME PICK ME!!!) :p

#107 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: You are either a hardcore superman fan or a batman hater.

and supes wasnt holding back when he was possesed by poison ivy.

Actually, Supes WAS holding back.. A LOT. That's what allowed Batman to escape/run away. Supes was trying his best to hold off Ivy's mind-control, and had marginal success.

#109 Edited by mightyrearranger (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamftw: Ah well, can't win 'em all. Back to the drawing board!

#110 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@sog7dc: Do you actually think lex luthor is smarter than batman? If he had half the genious level batman did he would have killed supes like a millin times already. I mean supes lost to batman and if lex is smarter than batman then i dont see why lex havent beaten superman yet.

3.Lex hasnt beaten Superman for the same reason Joker hasnt beaten batman. Because the good guy always wins

Batman outsmarted Lex couple of times before. Both are very close in my mind. Statements don't matter much, Superman once said that Batman was the most dangerous man in earth. If it ever comes to Lex vs. Batman I'd give to Batman.

Lex Luthor is the smartest its been confirmed for years. You think Batman could beat the guy whos whole armory is designed to take down superman and has taken on both batman and superman on at the same time before. Cmon stop wanking batman

Batman has his own armory and more allies than Luthor can dream of. Also Lex is always overconfident. Batman always comes prepared and is uses others weaknesses against them. He is a great strategist. This is very close match up, could go in anyone's favor.

Batman's armory is mostly designed to fight street level villians. Luthors is meant to fight superhumans. And dont forget That lex has allies of his own that can fight for him. Lex is a master of getting others too fight for him. Lex is a great strategist to. I honestly believe that Lex would win

I VOTE FOR THE GODDAMN BATMAN! Lol! On the bases of Lexies ego getting in his way, Batmans cunning and stealthy approach, and his superior tactical feats. PLUS I LOVE BATMAN! I sense a tremendous amount of Bat-hate in this thread......

#111 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

I VOTE FOR THE GODDAMN BATMAN! Lol! On the bases of Lexies ego getting in his way, Batmans cunning and stealthy approach, and his superior tactical feats. PLUS I LOVE BATMAN! I sense a tremendous amount of Bat-hate in this thread......

I dont hate batman he's my second favorite superhero behind superman. I just dont like when people think he can beat people that he shouldnt be able to beat. Batmans a street leveler he shouldnt be able to fight against gods and aliens. I also hate how people think that his use of preparation guarantees him a win.

#112 Posted by THEOCITYLEGEND (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

@theocitylegend said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

I dont hate batman he's my second favorite superhero behind superman. I just dont like when people think he can beat people that he shouldnt be able to beat. Batmans a street leveler he shouldnt be able to fight against gods and aliens. I also hate how people think that his use of preparation guarantees him a win.

OK, this is my last comment on this thread and I will make it actually on topic. The OP is obviously trolling, but I do think that a lot of people here are under selling Batmans villains in the sense they think that Superman would be rid of them in a second. I say this because it would not really make sense if that were true. If it would really be so easy for Superman to instantly stop everyone, why does Batman never call Superman for assistance if he can so easily un-cover a Bat-villains plan and stop it from happening? Why does Superman not just intervene himself? Also with most Batman stories the only time I really see a physical confrontation is right at the end, most of the story is spent with Batman trying to un-cover the villains plot and track them down. Sure Superman could destroy them at the end with the physical confrontation, but in order to do this he must first investigate whats going on, who's responsible and where they will strike next in order for there to even be a physical confrontation.

#113 Posted by Dernman (14717 posts) - - Show Bio

#114 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/citizenbane/blog/superman-vs-batman/79268/

Its clear you arent very familiar with Superman, or the comics where he has fought Batman, this is a good start, but what id really recommend is reading some Superman comics. He is a guy who can tank Supernovas, outrun protons, and bench press the Earth. To quote Dr. Manhattan: "[Batman (and his rogues)] are no more of a threat to [Superman] than the world's smartest ant."

Which is another thing worth pointing out: Lex is a whole lot smarter than Batman, with far better weapons. Superman himself is smarter than Batman, shoot, in Superman/Batman, Superman actually mentions that he could improve Batman's gadgets, but Bruce is too proud.

Homework for today: Familiarize yourself with Superman. And, if you cant come up with a specific plan other than (Joker would use Kryptonite), I will continue to believe there is no plan where the Joker (who Mind, Body, and Soul is as insignificant as an ant to Superman) could beat Superman.

Also, I said blatantly in my post that I dont like Batman, and its stupid threads like this, and posts like yours that are the reason.

To the other person that replied to me: Superman is immune to chemicals. Both Scarecrow and Ivy rely on such chemical reactions for their powers to work. Also, Superman has been shown, and directly stated on page, to be afraid of only one thing, failing to save people (even at the expense of his own life). Batman has been shown to be afraid of a lot of things, including Superman.

Edit to add scan from Hush objectively showing Supes was holding back: Read the Bottom right hand corner , narrated by Batman. A Superman going all out insta kills anyone less than Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, etc.

#115 Edited by mightyrearranger (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@digitalshooter9:

To the other person that replied to me: Superman is immune to chemicals. Both Scarecrow and Ivy rely on such chemical reactions for their powers to work. Also, Superman has been shown, and directly stated on page, to be afraid of only one thing, failing to save people (even at the expense of his own life). Batman has been shown to be afraid of a lot of things, including Superman.

Thanks for the reply and solid points. :)

I was especially curious about this because I've read The Science of Superman by Mark Wolverton and don't recall him touching on "chemicals" to the extent that we're talking about here. I understood his heightened immune system made it easier for him to overcome illnesses, toxins, and radiation of many types. However, would a hallucinogen like the fear gas even be rejected by his immune system? As in, would his body even react as if it's a negative chemical?

Also, Kal may have one lone fear, but it's a fear that can be exploited in many different ways by Dr. Crane. Something along the lines of a dead man's trigger wired to Lois at a time when Clark's not present could be useful. In the event Scarecrow uses his toxins on innocents and those innocents become his rabid pets or meat shields, what would Kal's next step be?

Additionally, the instance of Scarecrow's fear gas overcoming Supes (Superman/Batman #39, maybe?) is in the very same comic series that you cite to support your argument of Superman being more intelligent than Batman. Granted, I don't discredit your point about the intelligence level and I believe Scarecrow captured him as an employee of Desaad, who is no slouch himself (despite being one of my least favorite characters). However, brainpower is not linked to strength of psyche, which is not a Kryptonian birthright for Kal. He was raised to have the human male psyche that everyone on Earth has, and that psyche should be susceptible to the same psychological effects of outside substances, even if his body rejects the physical side-effects.

#116 Posted by mightyrearranger (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaand great; now I'm spending my last 2 hours at work researching if Superman could get high or drunk if he so chose to, haha.

#117 Posted by RustyRoy (10826 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

Bruce has weapons designed for fighting both street level and super level characters. We just found out that he had a cave within the Batcave for keeping the contingency plans for JL, who knows what else he's got in there. And Lex's allies are better than Bruce's? I don't think so. Lex also has a massive ego issue so he probably won't ask any helps from others. If Bruce wants to achieve something no one can stop him from that. As I said its a very close match up, far more closer than Superman vs. Joker, anybody can win in this but Batman chance winning is more.

#118 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: It's not about how strong Supes is though when talking about psychological villains. Everyone knows how powerful he is, we get that.

But Batman's rogues represent the ultimate mental and emotional challenge (if not physical for Superman). The question becomes 'is this a match for Supes?' It most definitely is. And as I've said in a previous comment, if you believe Supes could be written as one shotting the best rogues gallery in existence, it's time to admit how OP he is.

#119 Posted by joshmightbe (24598 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: my point is that if superman was really out for blood there are very few villains or heroes that could really do anything to stop him

#120 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

@beserkerfury: You act as if every villain has a supply of kryptonite.

#121 Edited by mightyrearranger (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallen_crippled said:

@beserkerfury: You act as if every villain has a supply of kryptonite.

You'd be surprised at how much of it I found in the "Lame Deus Ex Machina" aisle of my local grocery store. :p

#122 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: but he doesn't act that way so why bother saying it? Just seems like spite.

#123 Posted by mightyrearranger (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Eh, like I said, one option is the threat of "If I die, Lois dies" and you'll effectively cut Kal's tantrum short.

#124 Edited by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19: MIND CONTROL, That is what I am talking about. How could supes hold back under mind control? I mean there were occasions which he held back, but he definately didnt while he was possesed by poison ivy.

#125 Edited by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

i havent laughed this hard in a long time.

thanks man.

#127 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9: Tvo/Trao

even MM had linear vision to resist reality warp

If every batman/superman fight is written like marvelvdc then bats win

but not in a real fight

#128 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. The Superman who's went to war with Darkseid, Doomsday, Metallo, & Lex Luthor is not going to be taken down by a bunch of genetic freaks. The way I see it Bat-villains are only beating Superman with prep and if they team up.

#129 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Allright, there are some serious misconceptions here. Did you actually mean to say superman is SMARTER than BATMAN? You are obviously a superman fanatic. But that just doesnt make sense, how could superman possibly outsmart the worlds greatest detective? Now thats impossible, Superman is pretty much a boy scout, not saying he is stupid, but he definetly is not a genious. Compared to batmans skill and intelect, supermans skill and intellect would be the size of an ant. Superman is stronger than batman I get that, but when it comes to a battle batman will win because he is most likely to get the drop on supes. I would advise you to read batman comics. Perhaps tgen you would know all about how he is able to to own the whole JLA, refer to Tower of Babel(dont know the exact issue sorry) For everyone that keeps saying supes holds back, so does batman. I mean its in batmans philosophy to not kill. That would equal to holding back. For example when batman battled the supes, he was also holding back since all he wanted was to save supes from being controlled by Poison Ivy, he didnt want to seriously hurt him. If it was a bloodlusted battle to death, Im sure batman (if allowed) could have used knite to kill supes. But batman doesnt kill and that means every single fight batmans in, he hold back. Supes isnt immortal, he was killed by doomsday just by getting heavily beaten, think about what would happen if batman used all his skill gadgets stealth, intellect along with kryptonite in a bloodlusted fight against supes. No matter how strong he is, batman is smart enough to posses knite in different forms. Also if you want to know how joker would beat supes, ill post a scenario be sure to check it out. Also superman cant withstand fear toxin or laughing gas as they arent ordinary chemicals and as they target the brain.

#130 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@mk111: He would desteroy all of them except the joker, scarecrow and bane(maybe)

#131 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

@digitalshooter9:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/citizenbane/blog/superman-vs-batman/79268/

Its clear you arent very familiar with Superman, or the comics where he has fought Batman, this is a good start, but what id really recommend is reading some Superman comics. He is a guy who can tank Supernovas, outrun protons, and bench press the Earth. To quote Dr. Manhattan: "[Batman (and his rogues)] are no more of a threat to [Superman] than the world's smartest ant."

Which is another thing worth pointing out: Lex is a whole lot smarter than Batman, with far better weapons. Superman himself is smarter than Batman, shoot, in Superman/Batman, Superman actually mentions that he could improve Batman's gadgets, but Bruce is too proud.

Homework for today: Familiarize yourself with Superman. And, if you cant come up with a specific plan other than (Joker would use Kryptonite), I will continue to believe there is no plan where the Joker (who Mind, Body, and Soul is as insignificant as an ant to Superman) could beat Superman.

Also, I said blatantly in my post that I dont like Batman, and its stupid threads like this, and posts like yours that are the reason.

Edit to add scan from Hush objectively showing Supes was holding back: Read the Bottom right hand corner , narrated by Batman. A Superman going all out insta kills anyone less than Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, etc.

Great post. All I'd say though, is don't hate Batman because of his fanboys. Batman is an awesome character, maybe the best. I like him not because he can beat everybody, but because he's a dream idea of what a human can do if driven enough. (However unrealistic his depictions may be.) How, despite his many shortcomings, he is still a force for good. I like that he does beat folks that he shouldn't, but by that I mean Croc and Bane...not Superman and Wonder Woman. I have a special box (well, 2 boxes now) for what I consider the best comic stories I've collected over the years, and Batman takes up about half that box. Don't hold Batman accountable for how his fanboys act.

#132 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: correction. he would make them eat the floor.

#133 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, no. They'd lose if Superman sneezed.

#134 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...wow....Are you high?

#135 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the post of the thread...It laughable. So much stupidity and ignorance all in one!

#136 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternal19: MIND CONTROL, That is what I am talking about. How could supes hold back under mind control? I mean there were occasions which he held back, but he definately didnt while he was possesed by poison ivy.

If you read Hush batman even says that Superman is holding back. So you're wrong on that one.

#137 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

Bruce has weapons designed for fighting both street level and super level characters. We just found out that he had a cave within the Batcave for keeping the contingency plans for JL, who knows what else he's got in there. And Lex's allies are better than Bruce's? I don't think so. Lex also has a massive ego issue so he probably won't ask any helps from others. If Bruce wants to achieve something no one can stop him from that. As I said its a very close match up, far more closer than Superman vs. Joker, anybody can win in this but Batman chance winning is more.

Most of Batman's weapons are meant for street levelers. But Lex's entire frikin armory is meant for superhumans, so im pretty sure its superior. How is Nightwing gonna help when Lex can call in Metallo or Parasite to fight for him, Lex's allies are superior to Batmans.Lex convinces people to fight for him all the time. Im still siding with Lex on this one.

#138 Edited by Z3RO180 (6294 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman would wreak batmans villains

#139 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Allright, there are some serious misconceptions here. Did you actually mean to say superman is SMARTER than BATMAN? You are obviously a superman fanatic. But that just doesnt make sense, how could superman possibly outsmart the worlds greatest detective? Now thats impossible, Superman is pretty much a boy scout, not saying he is stupid, but he definetly is not a genious. Compared to batmans skill and intelect, supermans skill and intellect would be the size of an ant. Superman is stronger than batman I get that, but when it comes to a battle batman will win because he is most likely to get the drop on supes. I would advise you to read batman comics. Perhaps tgen you would know all about how he is able to to own the whole JLA, refer to Tower of Babel(dont know the exact issue sorry) For everyone that keeps saying supes holds back, so does batman. I mean its in batmans philosophy to not kill. That would equal to holding back. For example when batman battled the supes, he was also holding back since all he wanted was to save supes from being controlled by Poison Ivy, he didnt want to seriously hurt him. If it was a bloodlusted battle to death, Im sure batman (if allowed) could have used knite to kill supes. But batman doesnt kill and that means every single fight batmans in, he hold back. Supes isnt immortal, he was killed by doomsday just by getting heavily beaten, think about what would happen if batman used all his skill gadgets stealth, intellect along with kryptonite in a bloodlusted fight against supes. No matter how strong he is, batman is smart enough to posses knite in different forms. Also if you want to know how joker would beat supes, ill post a scenario be sure to check it out. Also superman cant withstand fear toxin or laughing gas as they arent ordinary chemicals and as they target the brain.

Think what would happen if Superman used all his power in a bloodlusted fight against batman.batman would be dead in 2 seconds MAX. New 52 Superman isnt as big of a boyscout so, i doubt supes will just let batman lay the beatdown on him.Joker can not beat superman and i find highly unrealistic how joker would even be able to obtain kryptonite.

#140 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

ok there is so much WRONG here I just have to address it

1. batman is more "skilled" but superman is, without a doubt smarter. read allstar, superman earth one to c how smart he is. batman is a genious but superman has, for lack of a better phrase, a super brain

2.there is no way in hell. that batman could get "the drop" on superman. superman heard green lantern crying for help "a million miles away from earth" he'd hear batman or see him easily

3.i love how people use knite as a trump card. superman deals with metallo and lex on a regular basis and they both have plenty of access to knite

4. dude superman is immune to toxins and even if he wasn't he literally has brain kungfu. superman is only afraid of "not being able to protect people"

you my firend need to learn more about superman

#141 Posted by RIKR2 (10423 posts) - - Show Bio

why can't i stop reading all this :S!! close this thread before i lose my head!!!!

#142 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm..while i think the OP is obviously trolling, and has made some silly points. Are we sure Superman is immune to toxins? Didn't they work on him in HUSH? I can't remember the details, but I don't think she (Ivy) had access to k-nite.

#143 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

ok there is so much WRONG here I just have to address it

1. batman is more "skilled" but superman is, without a doubt smarter. read allstar, superman earth one to c how smart he is. batman is a genious but superman has, for lack of a better phrase, a super brain

2.there is no way in hell. that batman could get "the drop" on superman. superman heard green lantern crying for help "a million miles away from earth" he'd hear batman or see him easily

3.i love how people use knite as a trump card. superman deals with metallo and lex on a regular basis and they both have plenty of access to knite

4. dude superman is immune to toxins and even if he wasn't he literally has brain kungfu. superman is only afraid of "not being able to protect people"

you my firend need to learn more about superman

This, this guy knows. Read Ending Battle, where, WHILE EXPOSED KNITE (an island covered in it) Superman fights MONGUL, Bizarro, and METALLO. Read SUPERMAN/BATMAN, where this happens:

That's "All American Boy" a man mutated by the US government using Doomsday DNA and Kryptonite. Thats right, Kryptonite Doomsday. IF KNITE DOOMSDAY COULDNT BEAT SUPERMAN HOW COULD BATMAN?

Lets ask Batman himself about Superman,

Superman/Batman

#3, Batman: "It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him"

Batman with kryptonite is like an ant with arsenic trying to kill an elephant. Its still an ant. And the Joker is even less of a threat, other than that he could and would maliciously kill those Kal loves, which we saw what that did in Kingdom Come. Thats right Superman just caught him and stuck to his guns.

"Healing Factor – Superman is shown to possess remarkable recuperative powers that allow him to quickly heal from wounds and makes him immune to all forms of human or Earthly diseases, illnesses, viruses and toxins. Superman heals faster when he is closer to the sun and he is absorbing more sun rays." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman I cant think of particular issues, cause I thought it was pretty widely known that Superman is immune to all diseases and toxins. His cells are nuclear reactors, not like ours, all they do is process solar energy. He doesnt need food, water, or air.

#144 Posted by Bogey (934 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of the rogue gallery, Joker, Scarecrow, Riddler, and Poison Ivy would be the only ones who'd give Superman a challenge.

#145 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Likening Batman to an ant? Quite the Superman fanboy, aren't you? LOL

#146 Edited by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@deaditegonzo: Likening Batman to an ant? Quite the Superman fanboy, aren't you? LOL

Facepalm. Have you read anything Ive posted? A being of world moving strength, a mind greater than any super computer, speed faster than the speed of light, invulnerability necessary to withstand supernovas, heat vision hotter than the suns core; what is a mortal man compared to that? LESS THAN AN ANT. And thats the problem you Batman fanboys are having wrapping their heads around, he can see an atom and the edge of the universe at the same time, he can hear the entire planet, even from the vacuum of space, he can see through nearly any material; comparing him to Batman is literally offensive to Batman. The electrical signals travelling in Batman's brain literally could not travel from one neuron to the next before Superman pulled his still beating heart out of his chest. If we were talking a Superman who would do anything to win, he could literally push the Earth into the Sun, play Moon bowling and toss moons at the Earth, disintegrate Gotham, killing every thing from single celled organisms to people to pigeons.

A Superman who doesnt want to harm Bruce at all? Sure, he would likely leave more than enough openings for a Batman who is bloodlusted to beat him. But thats a pretty one sided fight to begin with. And once Superman tried at all it would be all over.

#147 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it seen as such an insult that Superman would beat Batman and his villains?

I love Batman. One of my favorite characters. But I'd put his chances at beating Superman as slim to microscopic. And I don't see any shame in that. He's freaking SUPERMAN. Batman is a powerless human whose actually made himself relevant in a world of demi-gods. Isn't that enough?

Heck, many of my favorite characters would have trouble taking on Batroc the Leaper. But that's why I love 'em. They're not the strongest or the smartest, but they keep on trying.

I like Batman BECAUSE I think Superman could wipe the floor with him. Because that makes the fact that Superman still respects and listens to him that much more impressive.

#149 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Batman BECAUSE I think Superman could wipe the floor with him. Because that makes the fact that Superman still respects and listens to him that much more impressive.

Says a lot for both of them. That Batman garners that kind of respect, and that Superman is willing to give it. That's why the "Super-hero" genre (as we know it today in comics) started with these two characters.

#150 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

See you again next week for another Superman vs Batman thread! Same batwanking time! Same superwanking channel!