Can Superman really take on any Bat-villians?

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sog7dc: Do you actually think lex luthor is smarter than batman? If he had half the genious level batman did he would have killed supes like a millin times already. I mean supes lost to batman and if lex is smarter than batman then i dont see why lex havent beaten superman yet.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By sinestro_GL
No Caption Provided

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By sinestro_GL

@sog7dc: Do you actually think lex luthor is smarter than batman? If he had half the genious level batman did he would have killed supes like a millin times already. I mean supes lost to batman and if lex is smarter than batman then i dont see why lex havent beaten superman yet.

Actually, I think Lex is probably the smartest being in the DC Universe...less Brainiac 5.

That comparison is actually a bit unfair. Batman has, at most, temporarily subdued Superman. Lex has the aim of destroying Kal El. I'm not sure if Batman could do that.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Bit of a random one:

Would Clark be susceptible to a Mad Hatter hat? :D

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@mightyrearranger:

Considering that he once got possessed by Poison Ivy, I guess it's not to far fetched.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mightyrearranger

@black_claw: Yeah, that was my train of thought as well. Although, I guess Jervis would have to deduce Kal's secret ID first, since I don't think I've ever seen Superman out shopping for caps, haha.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like we found Rob Liefelds comicvine user name

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By SOG7dc

@digitalshooter9:

I think batman is better strategy wise. a better fighter and leader; but I think lex is better with chemistry and biology

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this a joke thread?

I kind of want Superman to just tear apart Batman's villains because it makes no sense that they continue to pose a threat with heroes like Clark, Diana and Arthur hanging with Bruce.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BlackWind

This is actually quite ridiculous. You are giving the Batvillains FAR too much credit.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the winner of the dumbest ass thread award. Good job sir!

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the winner of the dumbest ass thread award. Good job sir!

As in "dumbest-ass thread" or "dumbest ass-thread"?? O.o

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

SUCCESS! *clap clap* Well done.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

superman would have no issues with any of batmans villains... none what so ever ever (unless those villains got lantern rings). He in comic reality could have all evil in gotham cleaned out and floating in deadspace in under an hour. Now it's clear that batman's villains are crazy enough to try (aka crazy enough to die). Not even the most hardcore batman fan could ever really think any of these guys have even a slim chance of even making it interesting.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this still going?

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this still going?

Because tonight, Batman, the inmates run the Asylum!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@mightyrearranger

Both.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

All of them at once, and gotham becomes noblebright

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

The thing is, Batman's villains wouldn't scheme to end up in a straight up fist fight with Superman. They wouldn't be who they are if they did.

Also, any villains that can trick and outwit a man who knows them infinitely well and who has a contingency plan for everything and still beat him at times, i think are more than worthy adversaries for Superman. Supes doesnt even have the knowledge of them like Bruce does nor is he as clever. I would say someone like Joker (if obsessed by Supes instead of Bats) would put Supes in a world of hurt.

I'm sorry, but if The greatest rogues gallery doesn't give Supes trouble then he is obviously way OP.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought you were gonna say Bludhaven for a second... >.>

@nerx said:

All of them at once, and gotham becomes noblebright

@extremis said:

The thing is, Batman's villains wouldn't scheme to end up in a straight up fist fight with Superman. They wouldn't be who they are if they did.

Also, any villains that can trick and outwit a man who knows them infinitely well and who has a contingency plan for everything and still beat him at times, i think are more than worthy adversaries for Superman. Supes doesnt even have the knowledge of them like Bruce does nor is he as clever. I would say someone like Joker (if obsessed by Supes instead of Bats) would put Supes in a world of hurt.

I'm sorry, but if The greatest rogues gallery doesn't give Supes trouble then he is obviously way OP.

Heck, Abra Kadabra gave the guy trouble. And as noted by others, Ivy and Scarecrow have already gotten into his head on at least one occasion.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger:

Abrakadabra is a Flash Rogue, do not compare them or put them on the same level. Snart would do a big one against the entirety of Gotham.

Popularity gets you votes, it does not stop superman from lasing your head off (unless miller has his grubby hands on it)

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh good lord this thread is painful

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mightyrearranger

@nerx said:

@mightyrearranger:

Abrakadabra is a Flash Rogue, do not compare them or put them on the same level. Snart would do a big one against the entirety of Gotham.

Popularity gets you votes, it does not stop superman from lasing your head off (unless miller has his grubby hands on it)

Oh, believe me, I know. Was just joking around based on the "greatest Rogues gallery" comment above mine. Len's my favorite character, I'm quite familiar with how underestimated he is. :)

Also, wouldn't insta-"lasing" anyone in Gotham, friend or fiend, really put Supes on Batman's bad side? Something I'd assume Kal doesn't want happening?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Nerx

@mightyrearranger: superman stomping batrogues, understandable. But he might have problems against flashfoes, supes got that power but flash foes got that hax.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mightyrearranger

@nerx: Agreed, for sure. Abra's done it before, is the reference I was trying to make.

And in amusing fashion, for that matter:

No Caption Provided

also:

No Caption Provided

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Yep, I could easily turn this into a Rogues-appreciation thread if I really wanted lol. And on the topic of Bat-villains that could stand a chance against Kal, I guess it's good to think along those lines. The Flash Rogue who tackled him most effortlessly before was a reality manipulator. Gotham doesn't really have anything quite on that level, but I'm thinking maybe Scarecrow would be the closest. And he's darn-near done it before to.

Do you think Mad Hatter would stand a chance?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyrearranger: Against supes (is the hat already on supes?) or Kadabra (hell no0

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Haha, I meant against Superman, of course. Do you think he could set up a trap or trick him into wearing one of his caps?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Nerx
GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By GunGunW

so this is obviously a joke thread right...right?

Superman would oneshot ALL of Batman villain,probably at Once

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mightyrearranger

@nerx: Honestly, I'm not sure what the most effective approach would be. I was thinking he just sneaks a hat into Clark's wardrobe and gets him that way. But is he smart enough to figure out Kal's secret identity?

Also, in looking for Jervis's intelligence feats, I stumbled across this DCU Online image and will now have nightmares as soon as I get back from work...

No Caption Provided

*shudders*

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Nerx

@mightyrearranger: If written by morrison, miller or timm then he would pick up the hat like whoopsie doo...

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mightyrearranger

@nerx said:

@mightyrearranger: If written by morrison, miller or timm then he would pick up the hat like whoopsie doo...

Haha, fair enough.

Conversely, if written by Gail Simone, Jervis would somehow fail miserably, wind up with the hat on his own head, and Ragdoll would shove him off yet another ledge. :p

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deaditegonzo
  1. The only way Ivy or Scarecrow is any sort of threat to Superman is PIS. This is a fact. We've seen kryptonite on Superman, and more often than not, it is a strong irritant, not an instant power off switch. Think of it like any allergy. Superman's mind, according to MARTIAN FREAKING MANHUNTER is the most formidable he's ever seen. He's not giving in to mind manipulations or chemical effects. Ive seen some bad writing, and most of it orbits Batman. The Superman in proximity to Batman is universally less powerful than Superman on his own or with any other character. The reason for this is obvious, to be relevant in a world with Superman, Kal must be nerfed for Batman's sake. Which leads to number 2:
  2. If your most popular character was literally just a guy, would you offend all of his fanboys by showing Superman (or Flash, or Wonder Woman, or Martian Manhunter, or basically any one) fly through all of Gotham in a millisecond and detain all of Batman's villains? This is the reason Superman hasnt done just that, not because he couldnt. And a bloodlusted Supes could literally just ERASE Gotham and everything in it off the face of the Earth with broad spectrum heat vision.
  3. "The Joker would come up with a plan, CAUSE HE's CRAZY!" Ok, give me an example. Dont just say he could do it and then not give me an example. And dont say, "Something with Kryptonite", Luthor has been using Kryptonite for decades, Metallo, who is a super powered individual (not just a circus freak), has been using K-nite for decades, same with Kryptonite Man. Kryptonite isnt an instant power off switch. Shoot, Kryptonite Man possessed Batman got his butt handed to him in Superman/Batman. Sure, Supes will feel ill from the K-Nite exposure, but he is a sick feeling god-like being. It feels like a lot of people cannot contextualize the difference between a human and Superman. Lifting the Earth is amazing, but its hard to think of how that translates into a confrontation against a HUMAN.
  4. Batman couldnt beat Superman either. Get over it. A bloodlusted Superman kills Batman between heartbeats. The only way Batman stands a chance is if Superman isnt trying at all. Ina sense, the scene in Superman/Batman, where Batman is pissed and punches Supes, and he rolls with it and explains if he hadnt, Bruce would have severely broken his arm, defines a battle between them. If Superman stood firm against Batman, Bruce could only break himself.
  5. There is no comparison between Bane's strength and Superman's. Bane is a threat to a PERSON, not a godlike entity. Even the Cartoon, with a humiliatingly downgraded Superman, showed Bane getting rocked in a confrontation with the Man of Steel (Superman: The Animated Series Ep. Knight Time).
  6. Batman fans need to really understand the concept of Plot Induced Stupidity, as it is one of Batman's greatest strengths. It sounds like an insult, and many people know I dont like Batman, but here I am just being honest, most of what Batman does should be impossible, but for the sake of 'plot' it happens. In Final Crisis, why could Batman fire of a Radeon Bullet before the Omega Effect reached him, when its been shown capable of tagging Superman in the past? For the sake of the story. Why can Batman sometimes lift things, or rend metal, that no human could be capable of? Story.
  7. Batman's rogues being the coolest (an understandable opinion imo, they do come in pretty near the top for me as well), has no bearing on how theyd perform in a showdown against Superman that isnt bogged down in PIS.

I understand that the first post was a blatant troll, what disturbed me was the number of people who seemingly didnt understand the extent to which the OP was full of crap. Batman and Superman arent almost equals, nor are Batman's rogues. The gap between them is indescribably large. Just the ability to move so much faster than the speed of thought, regardless of Superman's other powers, makes him too much for any normal human. Megamind actually showed this pretty well, if youve seen it, when Metro Man just takes off and does all kinds activites while Megamind's laser, and all the people, are frozen in time. Time is a purely subjective experience, impacted by the speed of our perception. Seconds are meaningless to a being who exists in nanoseconds. Its hard to understand it as we are all prisoners to our perception, but imagine if seconds we like HOURS to you, what could you do with that time? Then theres the Flash, for whom 20 minutes was like 50 years. Joker is reaching for his acid spraying flower, and in that instant Superman has flown around the world seven times.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Then why has he not done that if it truly is that easy and simple?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@theocitylegend: For the same Reason Silver Surfer or Thor haven't destroyed all of Spiderman's enemies because getting rid of the villains would make for s**tty comics. Also Superman doesn't kill if it can be avoided but if he did there are very few people that would be able to survive his attack. He could probably end all life on this planet really. He's strong enough to push the moon into the Earth if he wanted to.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Supes can probably eye beam any Bat rogue to death.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: BRO! You sound mildly upset.... comics are not supposed to be realistic. If they were Superman would not exist, Flash would have no powers and if he did he would shatter his bones running at those speeds and Batman would not have been able to master the ridicules amount of fields he is a master in as well as fight these crazy metas he does. We deal with comic book logic and by this logic these super powered beings exist and clever humans can find a way to get around these powered beings to achieve their goals. You gotta stop Le hating on a fictional character!

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deaditegonzo

@theocitylegend said:

@deaditegonzo: BRO! You sound mildly upset.... comics are not supposed to be realistic. If they were Superman would not exist, Flash would have no powers and if he did he would shatter his bones running at those speeds and Batman would not have been able to master the ridicules amount of fields he is a master in as well as fight these crazy metas he does. We deal with comic book logic and by this logic these super powered beings exist and clever humans can find a way to get around these powered beings to achieve their goals. You gotta stop Le hating on a fictional character!

Your argument is very deep into the subjective category, as some would say comics should be realistic. This is in fact the reason most Marvel fans claim to like Marvel over DC, however, I happen to concur with you and prefer my comics absurd and fantastic. Still, I do believe they should maintain an internal logic. Essentially, any rules that are established in-universe should not be ignored. To me, Batman is the only major "rule breaker" in DC. An example, is Nightwing, who is arguably one of the next most effective "Peak Humans" in DC. When he fought Deathstroke, trying to stop 'Stroke from making his hit, Dick KNEW he would lose, and he got his a** handed to him, but he just slowed him down to save a life (at risk to himself). Now, sure, Slade generally beats Batman too, but Batman has also beat him in pretty straight up fights. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE, it breaks the "DC Rules." Its a fantastic universe, but he is supposed to just be a "Human", he is supposed to be relatable as a normal, but trained and dedicated man, and thats all been thrown out the window. Its one of the reasons why I love the Batfamily, and his rogues, but I hate Batman.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Supes never lost to batman.

2.Its already been stated that Lex Luthor is the smartest man on the planet

3.Lex hasnt beaten Superman for the same reason Joker hasnt beaten batman. Because the good guy always wins

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ra's al Ghul can defeat Superman.

No Caption Provided

People who thinks this will be a face to face fight are idiots.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9 said:

3.Lex hasnt beaten Superman for the same reason Joker hasnt beaten batman. Because the good guy always wins

Batman outsmarted Lex couple of times before. Both are very close in my mind. Statements don't matter much, Superman once said that Batman was the most dangerous man in earth. If it ever comes to Lex vs. Batman I'd give to Batman.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hahaha.......

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Eternal19

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

Batman outsmarted Lex couple of times before. Both are very close in my mind. Statements don't matter much, Superman once said that Batman was the most dangerous man in earth. If it ever comes to Lex vs. Batman I'd give to Batman.

Lex Luthor is the smartest its been confirmed for years. You think Batman could beat the guy whos whole armory is designed to take down superman and has taken on both batman and superman on at the same time before. Cmon stop wanking batman

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By RustyRoy

@rustyroy said:

@eternal19 said:

@digitalshooter9 said:

Lex Luthor is the smartest its been confirmed for years. You think Batman could beat the guy whos whole armory is designed to take down superman and has taken on both batman and superman on at the same time before. Cmon stop wanking batman

Batman has his own armory and more allies than Luthor can dream of. Also Lex is always overconfident. Batman always comes prepared and is uses others weaknesses against them. He is a great strategist. This is very close match up, could go in anyone's favor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to play devil's advocate: Superman's mind may be strong, but mental toughness and emotion are two totally different things. Scarecrow's fear toxins exploit/enhance one's already present emotions, and I think we all know Kal has plenty of "feels".

No Caption Provided

In fact, there are so many instances of Kal's emotions being exploited that the one comment by J'onn seems much more PIS to me.

@deaditegonzo said:
  1. The only way Ivy or Scarecrow is any sort of threat to Superman is PIS. This is a fact. We've seen kryptonite on Superman, and more often than not, it is a strong irritant, not an instant power off switch. Think of it like any allergy. Superman's mind, according to MARTIAN FREAKING MANHUNTER is the most formidable he's ever seen. He's not giving in to mind manipulations or chemical effects. Ive seen some bad writing, and most of it orbits Batman. The Superman in proximity to Batman is universally less powerful than Superman on his own or with any other character. The reason for this is obvious, to be relevant in a world with Superman, Kal must be nerfed for Batman's sake. Which leads to number 2: