Can someone please explain the Sentry ?

aymendj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So i heard about the Sentry comics and how the Sentry was a powerful hero, so i decided to check it out and picked Age of the Sentry.

So i read it..and i have no idea what just happened. It starts as a classic 50's super hero comic and ends up with what i can't explain, especially at #4 page 18.

Can someone please explain that for me ?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@aymendj said:

So i heard about the Sentry comics and how the Sentry was a powerful hero, so i decided to check it out and picked Age of the Sentry.

So i read it..and i have no idea what just happened. It starts as a classic 50's super hero comic and ends up with what i can't explain, especially at #4 page 18.

@enzeru

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dondave

@sog7dc said:

@aymendj said:

@enzeru

@killemall

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cooldes

@sog7dc said:

@aymendj said:

@enzeru

LOL i was going to do same thing...

...or killemail.

i guess enzeru Should just link him to the FAQ

aymendj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aymendj

-_- I feel like a tourist.

aymendj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By aymendj

@enzeru: Thank you kind sir, that was helpful :)

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Sentry started out as a marketing stunt about a "forgotten character" that has since gone wildly out of control.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru:

The Age of the Sentry is non-canon? I didn't know that.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:
@lykopis said:

@enzeru:

The Age of the Sentry is non-canon? I didn't know that.

Yeah, unfortunately it's not.

There are just some things that don't make a lot of sense, when you take a look at the entire picture. Like for example his origin in the very first issue is vastly different than what we found out about the Sentry later on. That alone makes it non-canon and turns it into a different reality story.

The "bad" thing is that some of the stuff in that book is incredibly interesting and fits very well into Sentry's continuity, so that one might consider it canon...

Let me give you an example: At Sentry's funeral we had Rogue saying that the Sentry was the only one who was able to touch her yada yada yada and with that basically stating that they had a relationship at some point. They didn't - timeline-wise it doesn't make any sense at all and the same applies for Nate Grey, when he said that Sentry and him fought Galactus ... that as well doesn't make any sense at all timeline-wise and it could be argued that Sentry changed their memories to push himself into the overall existence

(but that never got mentioned, so it's a non-factor)

**shudder**

One of the most horrific PIS I have ever experienced. She would have been a child, and it would have been while he was married. I've decided to consider it just a "hug" although your theory about Sentry changing their memories is a good one. Also, that perhaps Sentry implanted that memory so she would experience how it would feel to touch a human being, skin to skin.

Still....**shudder**