can someone explain the Phoenix force?

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

i read a lot of x-men but i have never truly understood what the hell the phoenix force is! like how does it become dark phoenix? is it naturally evil? where did it come from? i dont think marvel has ever explained it or maybe i just missed it so i was wondering if the viners could help!

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's a plot device, simple as.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@maccyd said:

It's a plot device, simple as.

An overused one at that.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Plot device or not, it exists in someone's intellectual property and can be explained. Opinions on its purpose are pretty much insignificant.

To continue, the Phoenix is a universal, re-animating cosmic entity with the general consensus of being the biggest threat to the Marvel universe. The Phoenix is fire and life personified, it is the symbolization of destruction and rebirth, and the over-arching circuit that is the universe. The Phoenix arrives in a similar fashion to a small-scale apocalypse. Appearing to bring its symbolic cycle of rebirth (but not before destruction).

However the Phoenix requires a host to do so, fusing with the most suitable being (Jean Grey) granting the host endless abilities. Ideally it should work mutualisticly, but the Phoneix Force is too strong for one host to fully contain, therefore over time their conscious becomes gradually more corrupt.

You can see the Phoenix as Marvel's depiction of yin and yang. The corruption is associated with the destruction the Phoenix must bring (yang), while the rebirth that follows would represent (yin). If the host cannot fully contain/balance the Phoenix force--which is usually the case--the entropy leads to a Dark Phoenix host.

Phoenix force weilders have limitless capabilities. They are, of course, capable of great destruction typically in a fiery manner. They are also capable of manipulating all aspects of life: They can take and give life. Reconstruct their physical appearance as well as the appearance of others. Alter the physiology of already living beings (Colossus gave whales legs cus he wanted them to walk!). Create matter. It is llimitless creativity of life manipulation. The Phoenix force also enhances the hosts' innate abilities to exponentially greater levels.

All in all the Phoenix has a huge history with the mutant population, and being that it is a re-animating entity, like it or not we're going to see it a lot. I personally enjoy Phoenix appearances (especially in AVX).

Anyways hope this helps.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

It's a crazy angry psychic firebird that wants to kill you.