Can someone explain the New 52 timeline to me?!

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Some of the stories are good and others not so much but the fact that I don't know who is or who is not in the current DC universe is bugging me. I don't know which events happened in the New 52 as well as the Pre-New 52 universe (like Blackest Knight or Infinite Crisis). Arsenals daughter apparently no longer exists, Tim Drake founded the Teen Titans, the Justice League recently started, and yet Damian was still somehow Robin for Batman.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE F#@K HAS HAPPENED IN THEIR UNIVERSE?!! I AM LOST IN THE SUBJECT!

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No one knows. At this point we have all given up. It hurts a lot less when you don't resist and go along with the current. Hope I helped in some way.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Read flashpoint... Literally years of content to sort through

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just start drinking, and give up.....

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@aros001 said:

Some of the stories are good and others not so much but the fact that I don't know who is or who is not in the current DC universe is bugging me. I don't know which events happened in the New 52 as well as the Pre-New 52 universe (like Blackest Knight or Infinite Crisis). Arsenals daughter apparently no longer exists, Tim Drake founded the Teen Titans, the Justice League recently started, and yet Damian was still somehow Robin for Batman.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE F#@K HAS HAPPENED IN THEIR UNIVERSE?!! I AM LOST IN THE SUBJECT!

when reading Batman or Green Lantern titles.... pretend that most everything and there length of time to happen ...HAS occurred...ignore the five year rule, for many other series... five year rule makes sense... (they did superman pretty well and the justice league)

because you'll never wrap your head around (Dick grayson being trained and aged from 12 to...28?, followed by Jason Todd being trained...killed, revived, comeback as a villain, and turning good for a final age of....22? and then Tim Drake being trained and also aging up to 18, as well as Damien wayne...lovechild of a Batman Villain growing up to....(what is he ten?) with all this that means batman HAD to be around for around 15 years MINIMUM) yeah just ignore the five year timeline with Batman titles. (same with GL titles) so far what I know for sure that is excluded is.... Dick Graysons time with the Teen Titans...DGs time in Bludhaven, Bruce Waynes time being dead, Arsenals entire history (correct me if im wrong...Arseonals history is now thus, kid finds Green Arrows old Gear, steals it, becomes Mercenary, gets caught, enter issue one of Red Hood and...)

as far as world altering events....not sure any of them happened... or at least not in the way they were originally presented. (except of course when reading Batman titles or GL titles...again... ignore the five year timeline, good rule, assume it has happened until you read otherwise.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@aros001 said:

when reading Batman or Green Lantern titles.... pretend that most everything and there length of time to happen ...HAS occurred...ignore the five year rule, for many other series... five year rule makes sense... (they did superman pretty well and the justice league)

because you'll never wrap your head around (Dick grayson being trained and aged from 12 to...28?, followed by Jason Todd being trained...killed, revived, comeback as a villain, and turning good for a final age of....22? and then Tim Drake being trained and also aging up to 18, as well as Damien wayne...lovechild of a Batman Villain growing up to....(what is he ten?) with all this that means batman HAD to be around for around 15 years MINIMUM) yeah just ignore the five year timeline with Batman titles. (same with GL titles) so far what I know for sure that is excluded is.... Dick Graysons time with the Teen Titans...DGs time in Bludhaven, Bruce Waynes time being dead, Arsenals entire history (correct me if im wrong...Arseonals history is now thus, kid finds Green Arrows old Gear, steals it, becomes Mercenary, gets caught, enter issue one of Red Hood and...)

as far as world altering events....not sure any of them happened... or at least not in the way they were originally presented. (except of course when reading Batman titles or GL titles...again... ignore the five year timeline, good rule, assume it has happened until you read otherwise.

Thank you. New 52 isn't bad per say, but it is a massive headache given that it's hard to tell what they have or have not thrown out the window (like Arsenal's daughter ever existing).