Can someone explain the Batman series?

Dexterity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dexterity

Okay so there were already threads for this, but none had a good answer.

I need to know what the differences are between the different Batman series, in this type of format:

Batman & Robin: Series about Batman and Robin (obviously)

Detective Comics: Batman being a detective, solving cases

etc etc

and i would also like to know how they all connect to each other in the DC timeline. Thanks

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Batman is Snyder just telling good stories.

Detective Comics is about Batman solving mysteries and features the GCPD heavily.

Batman and Robin is about Batman fighting Ra's for the rights of Damian's body.

Batman Eternal is a weekly about Carmine Falcone's return to Gotham and focuses on other characters like Red Robin, Harper Row, Stephanie Brown and Catwoman.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@dexterity:

Batman....its about batman....but it have one of the best New52 writers making it. perhaps the best.

Batman and Robin. yeah Batman and Robin, but also dealing with the death of Robin, and the batman hunting to recover his son's body.

Detective Comics Batman is the world's Greatest Detective, this is showcasing that talent.

Batman the Dark Knight. (CANCELLED, and for good reason) this was the overmuscled dark and gritty batman....but it was bad.

Batman Inc. the batman corporation dealing with Batmen worldwide.

Batman Eternal its Basically the Batman title really... but its a weekly so it hits up all the topics on the batology that have been missing so far so if theres an integeral part of the Batstory that has so far been missing... you'll probably find it plotted out here....great writer.

thats it...unless you want batfamily too?

Batgirl....self explanitory, mostly, So with the New52 five year plan, there is no room for her to be Oracle. so she meets batman after he is well established, becomes Batgirl, Retires to go to college. is shot by Joker (a la Killing Joke) spends time in a wheelchair. undergoes surgery and after a long rehabilitation dons her batgirl suit again. early on this dealt with apprehension, she has a little bit of victimshock to overcome, her body isn't use to the strain, or training and muscle memory is long gone. (she jumps into the game after only 4 months of retraining) but currently she has overcome those obstacles and is pushing hard on her development as a superhero. (plus Gail Simone is AWESOME)

NightWing Dick Grayson dealing with his past, mostly Haly's Circus related things, its dark, but also light.

Grayson Dick Grayson...Superspy... (not reading this. from the pages I read, we could call this... Dick Grayson...pretending to be Bucky Barnes without the Tormented years as a brainwashed assassin.)

Catwoman... (I drop this quickly so Im lost on recent events) Catwoman....slut. (also recently a mole working for agents of good...I guess)

Batwing... Its BATMAN...of AFRICA... wait never mind, its just black Batwman now..the other guy is gone (new guy is son of Lucius Fox)

Batwoman... Batman just lets her work, she isn't officially batfamily. former soldier who was kicked out on a don't ask don't tell beef. she does everything HER way, be damned what Batman thinks he can tell her to do, or anyone else for that matter. the first writer artist team was amazing... never read the new stuff I hear its good.

Birds of Prey not sure on this... don't read it

Red Hood and the Outlaws... Three rejects team up to do...whatever. Red Hood is dealing with the idea that he was once a hero, and once a villain... now he's not sure which is the best path so he just does....Starfire and Arsenal also deal with their past, and the uncertainty of their future... I don't like it, but it sells REALLY well.

Harley Quinn... Ive heard this is Deadpool for DC... she's insane, adorable, sexy, and flighty from what I hear, so I don't see how these two accounts can coexist, but whatever.

Talon....un spinoff of the Night of Owls crossover... haven't read it, but I think its supposed to be the newest Talon didn't want the job... or something.

Upcoming Wayne Asylum and Gotham Academy...

could be interesting Wayne Manor is a temporary Arkham Asylum. and Gotham academy is a prep school.... (anyone else smell the Jean Grey school for gifted mutants? could be cool, could be awful)

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0