Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Captain_Awesome85

Sorry if this has been done, I couldn't find it. Just curious how this would play out.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impossibilly

I would think that he can. However, the Human Torch can control his flame, right? It might be a battle of wills. I am guessing it would end with both of them drained and passed out, or the Torch having a slight advantage since it he can both generate and control his flame.

Avatar image for captain_awesome85
Captain_Awesome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captain_Awesome85

@impossibilly: Torch can generate his own but I have never seen him control the flames the way pryo does. HT can thrown the flames and cover his body with them as far as I know.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By impossibilly

@Captain_Awesome85: Human Torch has been shown to make flame constructs in the past. Here are a couple of examples:

No Caption Provided

That said, the more I think about it, the more I think Pyro would have the advantage in a battle of wills over flame control. Since Pyro's mutant power only allows him to control flame, he's honed that ability tremendously over the years. While The Human Torch, on the other hand, has other flame-based powers to fall back on in a flight. Also, Johnny isn't the most ambitious hero. He'd rather go out and have a good time than work on perfecting all his abilities. That laziness over the years is what I think would cost him in the fight. Pyro's put more time in mastering the control of flame.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Jorgevy

but Johnny has a lot more power to put off; maybe more than Pyro could handle. and if he does it fast or strong enough, it might "break" through Pyro and kick his butt

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By Teerack

Pretty sure Johnny could just stop making flames and it would be done.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hyperlight

i believe pyro has natural control ovr flames are much better than HT but HT does have a as much greaer power output because he doesnt have to worry about hurting himself. so for the most part he could

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Timandm

Is it just me, or does anyone think there's a certain homo-erotic inuendo to the title of this post???

LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist... but seriously, " Pyro controlling the Human Torch's Flame..." I can't be the only one that sees it, right?!?!?

Pyro is a pyrotechnic. He can control flames... And THAT is the extent of his power.

Johnny is also a pyrotechnic. he can control flames. Not just the flames that he generates but any flame he is in proximity to... Johnny can do a number of other things that Pyro can't, but we're just focusing on the pyrotechnics. If it came down to simply controlling the flames, I'd expect Johnny to win. You see, Johnny doesn't just generate flames, he can absorb them to.

I'm going with The Storm on this one...

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By tupiaz

@Timandm said:

Is it just me, or does anyone think there's a certain homo-erotic inuendo to the title of this post???

LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist... but seriously, " Pyro controlling the Human Torch's Flame..." I can't be the only one that sees it, right?!?!?

Pyro is a pyrotechnic. He can control flames... And THAT is the extent of his power.

Johnny is also a pyrotechnic. he can control flames. Not just the flames that he generates but any flame he is in proximity to... Johnny can do a number of other things that Pyro can't, but we're just focusing on the pyrotechnics. If it came down to simply controlling the flames, I'd expect Johnny to win. You see, Johnny doesn't just generate flames, he can absorb them to.

I'm going with The Storm on this one...

Actually I think you are.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Imma go with the guy that can go Super Nova... I mean has Pyro controlled a Super Nova?

also I think Pyro should be used more his powers are awesome, and or Torch use his powers like Pyro more.

(+)

joelys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joelys

No.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By umbrafeline

can pyro control sunspots and magmas flame abilities?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Timandm

@umbrafeline said:

Sunpot and Magma have flame abilities now?

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By umbrafeline

@Timandm said:

@umbrafeline said:

heat control n at. look on their pages

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By fury714

Pyro can only control the flames around Johnny's body although I think Johnny will be the one who powers through at the end.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlackWind

I don't see Pyro having great enough flame control to take control of Johnny's.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Timandm

@umbrafeline said:

@Timandm said:

@umbrafeline said:

heat control n at. look on their pages

yeah, I checked 'em out. It seems Magma is listed as having Pyrokinesis. Way back when, she could only control magma (molten lava). I wasn't aware she'd been upgraded... It'd be interesting to see her use this more.

Sunspot, on the other hand, can absorb heat, but he can't directly control flames... I'd have to say when it comes to controlling flames, he would be no competition for Pyro, but then I'm speaking ONLY about flames... He has other abilities which make him superior to Pyro obviously...

Speaking of Sunspot and Magma... Amara needs to realize she's in love with him so they can get married, start a family, and have a bunch of little fire babies...