User Lists: 1

If Loki wanted to kill superman cud he do it

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does he have prep time? The short answer is yes he could. The long answer involves a situation for this. Would it be an encounter? Would Superman know about it? Stuff like that.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

No

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If loki prepared then yes, but in a random encounter probably not.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

if he doesn't do anything stupid (so probably not)

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Carter_esque

Nope

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm....Loki is considered a near equal to Dormarmu AND Mephisto, also he uses magic which doesn't resonate well with Superman. I will say yes. If Loki wanted Superman dead he would make the man of steel into liquid steel.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could yes because he is a powerful magic user but in tearms of pure strength no he can't

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

at a random encounter, I don't think so but maybe when he has enough prep time also supes is vurneable to magic.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can.

Malonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki ought to be able to with enough prep time given his resources and magical skills, but comic book law would require that Superman stop him at the last minute.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Nerx

depends on context

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Yes he can but only if he avoids a fist fight.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He is a magician on par with Dormammu and Mephisto. But magic doesn't weaken Superman a la Krypyonite, he just is vulnerable to it. Given that Superman is probably 30-40x stronger and faster, and the fact that he's probably smarter too.

I doubt Loki would win.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he gets off his spell(s), yes he very well can.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

He is a magician on par with Dormammu and Mephisto. But magic doesn't weaken Superman a la Krypyonite, he just is vulnerable to it. Given that Superman is probably 30-40x stronger and faster, and the fact that he's probably smarter too.

I doubt Loki would win.

That is incorrect. Loki is smarter than Superman, and by no small margin might I add.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yep he can

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No.

rondoudou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thundergodswrath: loki is the god of trickery and deceit, i doubt superman is more intelligent then a god who represents lies themself

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Potentially. He's the Trickster God and has demonstrated unreasonable resourcefulness in the past. Assuming this is a universe in which Kryptonite exists, I would be unsurprised to find that Loki got his hands on some for the fight. Alternatively, Loki's effin' magic. Y'know... Superman's other weakness.

Now, if they just bumped into each other somewhere up in the sky, Supes would have it, though Loki might put up a fight (again, due to his magical nature). In the end Superman would take it... He has Loki outmatched in everything but guile.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: loki is the god of trickery and deceit, i doubt superman is more intelligent then a god who represents lies themself

Yep.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lilben42

"Can" is a loose term.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oceanmaster21

@ciriel: he gets 3 weeks i say in my opinion with prep loki wud kill superman

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once read a comic where Solomon Grundy was keeping up with Superman. With logic like that on DC's side, Superman doesn't have a chance against Loki.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He need a decent amount of prep but even without prep he should give Supes a half decent fight

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#27  Edited By Teerack

He's a very powerful sorcerer, so he should have no problem taking down Superman with his weakness to magic.

The New 52 superman gets light heady, dizzy, and and naughtiness just being around magic, so I don't see how any smart person could think he'd win.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

I doubt Loki would win.

That is incorrect. Loki is smarter than Superman, and by no small margin might I add.

That's extremely debatable. And yes Loki is capable of killing Superman, but so can a lot of people.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/71810/2987990-actioncomics_14_thegroup_032.jpg

Celestialseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a random fight?..Yes.

With prep..The more.

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ciriel

@oceanmaster21:

Then yes. He could create some elaborate trap that Superman would have no choice bu to be snared in. I put this to show what Doctor Strange said (it's not a trap; I'm just saying in 3 weeks he more than could create one).

No Caption Provided

Or he could randomly appear behind him in astral form and mindrape him.

No Caption Provided

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By oceanmaster21

@ciriel: those some good scans nuce work

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: Don't get me wrong, Superman is very smart. But so is Loki. The guy has done some incredible stuff with prep. Mephisto & Dormammu even hold him in high regards. The guy literally tricked the whole Dark Avengers team the whole arc. Especially Norman Osborn. He has also tricked beings like Odin, Surtur, Mephisto, Dormammu. These are all people who are nigh Ominscience. With prep Loki has done some very impressive stuff, due to his intelligence, and magic. Also other people being able to kill Superman is not the point of this battle. It's Loki.

SliverBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SliverBat

Yes he can but it would not be likely to happen, Catwoman can beat superman if the circumstances are right haha.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: Don't get me wrong, Superman is very smart. But so is Loki. The guy has done some incredible stuff with prep. Mephisto & Dormammu even hold him in high regards. The guy literally tricked the whole Dark Avengers team the whole arc. Especially Norman Osborn. He has also tricked beings like Odin, Surtur, Mephisto, Dormammu. These are all people who are nigh Ominscience. With prep Loki has done some very impressive stuff, due to his intelligence, and magic. Also other people being able to kill Superman is not the point of this battle. It's Loki.

Superman can also kill Loki. If someone is given prep and the other isn't, obviously the trickster god is going to win, that's just how it is. And I don't know that Loki's trickery is always a simple sign of intelligence, but also because he put a bunch of points into charisma and can talk his way into and out of most of his plot.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:

Superman can also kill Loki. If someone is given prep and the other isn't, obviously the trickster god is going to win, that's just how it is. And I don't know that Loki's trickery is always a simple sign of intelligence, but also because he put a bunch of points into charisma and can talk his way into and out of most of his plot.

The question is not if Superman can kill Loki though. Everyone knows he can. Loki has high level's of magic, and if he wants can kill Loki with multiple magic attacks. Superman is weak against magic. Although Superman wouldn't let that happen, he would blitz Loki after the first magic attack. Loki can do his spells from his intangible or astral projection form too. In-which Superman cannot touch him.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Loki wins. He's went up against Thor

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prepared. Definitely, but in a random fight

Loki fights Clark off until he realizes this is no mere mortal he is fighting, and simply retreats in order to make plans to use Supes to destroy Thor.