#1 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7971 posts) - - Show Bio

If Loki wanted to kill superman cud he do it

#2 Posted by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Does he have prep time? The short answer is yes he could. The long answer involves a situation for this. Would it be an encounter? Would Superman know about it? Stuff like that.

#3 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21841 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#4 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5877 posts) - - Show Bio

If loki prepared then yes, but in a random encounter probably not.

#5 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

if he doesn't do anything stupid (so probably not)

#6 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#7 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm....Loki is considered a near equal to Dormarmu AND Mephisto, also he uses magic which doesn't resonate well with Superman. I will say yes. If Loki wanted Superman dead he would make the man of steel into liquid steel.

#8 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

He could.

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (6533 posts) - - Show Bio

He could yes because he is a powerful magic user but in tearms of pure strength no he can't

#10 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

at a random encounter, I don't think so but maybe when he has enough prep time also supes is vurneable to magic.

#11 Posted by RustyRoy (12667 posts) - - Show Bio

He can.

#12 Posted by Malonius (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki ought to be able to with enough prep time given his resources and magical skills, but comic book law would require that Superman stop him at the last minute.

#13 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on context

#14 Edited by Perethorn (3393 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can but only if he avoids a fist fight.

#15 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a magician on par with Dormammu and Mephisto. But magic doesn't weaken Superman a la Krypyonite, he just is vulnerable to it. Given that Superman is probably 30-40x stronger and faster, and the fact that he's probably smarter too.

I doubt Loki would win.

#16 Posted by New_World_Order (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

If he gets off his spell(s), yes he very well can.

#17 Posted by New_World_Order (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

He is a magician on par with Dormammu and Mephisto. But magic doesn't weaken Superman a la Krypyonite, he just is vulnerable to it. Given that Superman is probably 30-40x stronger and faster, and the fact that he's probably smarter too.

I doubt Loki would win.

That is incorrect. Loki is smarter than Superman, and by no small margin might I add.

#18 Posted by comicace3 (5233 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep he can

#19 Posted by Bruxae (13824 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#20 Posted by rondoudou (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: loki is the god of trickery and deceit, i doubt superman is more intelligent then a god who represents lies themself

#21 Posted by End_Boss (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Potentially. He's the Trickster God and has demonstrated unreasonable resourcefulness in the past. Assuming this is a universe in which Kryptonite exists, I would be unsurprised to find that Loki got his hands on some for the fight. Alternatively, Loki's effin' magic. Y'know... Superman's other weakness.

Now, if they just bumped into each other somewhere up in the sky, Supes would have it, though Loki might put up a fight (again, due to his magical nature). In the end Superman would take it... He has Loki outmatched in everything but guile.

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: loki is the god of trickery and deceit, i doubt superman is more intelligent then a god who represents lies themself

Yep.

#23 Edited by lilben42 (2543 posts) - - Show Bio

"Can" is a loose term.

#24 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7971 posts) - - Show Bio

@ciriel: he gets 3 weeks i say in my opinion with prep loki wud kill superman

#25 Posted by Havenless (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I once read a comic where Solomon Grundy was keeping up with Superman. With logic like that on DC's side, Superman doesn't have a chance against Loki.

#26 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11029 posts) - - Show Bio

He need a decent amount of prep but even without prep he should give Supes a half decent fight

#27 Edited by Teerack (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a very powerful sorcerer, so he should have no problem taking down Superman with his weakness to magic.

The New 52 superman gets light heady, dizzy, and and naughtiness just being around magic, so I don't see how any smart person could think he'd win.

#28 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2726 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62 said:

I doubt Loki would win.

That is incorrect. Loki is smarter than Superman, and by no small margin might I add.

That's extremely debatable. And yes Loki is capable of killing Superman, but so can a lot of people.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/71810/2987990-actioncomics_14_thegroup_032.jpg

#29 Posted by Celestialseed (96 posts) - - Show Bio

In a random fight?..Yes.

With prep..The more.

#30 Edited by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21:

Then yes. He could create some elaborate trap that Superman would have no choice bu to be snared in. I put this to show what Doctor Strange said (it's not a trap; I'm just saying in 3 weeks he more than could create one).

Or he could randomly appear behind him in astral form and mindrape him.

#31 Edited by oceanmaster21 (7971 posts) - - Show Bio

@ciriel: those some good scans nuce work

#32 Posted by New_World_Order (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

@greatcaesarsghost: Don't get me wrong, Superman is very smart. But so is Loki. The guy has done some incredible stuff with prep. Mephisto & Dormammu even hold him in high regards. The guy literally tricked the whole Dark Avengers team the whole arc. Especially Norman Osborn. He has also tricked beings like Odin, Surtur, Mephisto, Dormammu. These are all people who are nigh Ominscience. With prep Loki has done some very impressive stuff, due to his intelligence, and magic. Also other people being able to kill Superman is not the point of this battle. It's Loki.

#33 Edited by SliverBat (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can but it would not be likely to happen, Catwoman can beat superman if the circumstances are right haha.

#34 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2726 posts) - - Show Bio

@greatcaesarsghost: Don't get me wrong, Superman is very smart. But so is Loki. The guy has done some incredible stuff with prep. Mephisto & Dormammu even hold him in high regards. The guy literally tricked the whole Dark Avengers team the whole arc. Especially Norman Osborn. He has also tricked beings like Odin, Surtur, Mephisto, Dormammu. These are all people who are nigh Ominscience. With prep Loki has done some very impressive stuff, due to his intelligence, and magic. Also other people being able to kill Superman is not the point of this battle. It's Loki.

Superman can also kill Loki. If someone is given prep and the other isn't, obviously the trickster god is going to win, that's just how it is. And I don't know that Loki's trickery is always a simple sign of intelligence, but also because he put a bunch of points into charisma and can talk his way into and out of most of his plot.

#35 Posted by New_World_Order (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

Superman can also kill Loki. If someone is given prep and the other isn't, obviously the trickster god is going to win, that's just how it is. And I don't know that Loki's trickery is always a simple sign of intelligence, but also because he put a bunch of points into charisma and can talk his way into and out of most of his plot.

The question is not if Superman can kill Loki though. Everyone knows he can. Loki has high level's of magic, and if he wants can kill Loki with multiple magic attacks. Superman is weak against magic. Although Superman wouldn't let that happen, he would blitz Loki after the first magic attack. Loki can do his spells from his intangible or astral projection form too. In-which Superman cannot touch him.

#36 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki wins. He's went up against Thor

#37 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5574 posts) - - Show Bio

Prepared. Definitely, but in a random fight

Loki fights Clark off until he realizes this is no mere mortal he is fighting, and simply retreats in order to make plans to use Supes to destroy Thor.