#1 Edited by TurtlePower4 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

If Joker really wanted to, and he wasn't playing games anymore, could he really kill Batman? or would he still fail like always.

#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could

#3 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

Not before he finally gets to have sex with Bruce first. You know he's in love with him

#4 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he could and so could other countless villains though if Batman wanted to he could easily kill the Joker

#5 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he could and so could other countless villains though if Batman wanted to he could easily kill the Joker

This and...

Not before he finally gets to have sex with Bruce first. You know he's in love with him

this too.

#6 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course he could!

The Joker has gotten the golden opportunity to finish Batman on numerous occasions. In his own demented mentality, the Joker feels that putting a prone Batman down would be anticlimactic, and not a dramatic enough ending to their rivalry. He believes that it is his destiny to defeat Batman in a worthy manner that finally proves his random madness is superior to the Batman's calculating detective skills. He fears that without Batman as a catalyst for his actions, his life would become meaningless.

"I could never kill you. Where would the act be without my straight man?"

—The Joker, Batman #655

Batman #655

Sincerely,

#7 Posted by RustyRoy (13555 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist: exactly. I came on to this thread to post my 2cents, but it appears my work has already been done. Very well put, I agree entirely.

#9 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

I hereby ban you from the internet.

#10 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I see it both ways.

If Batman was still Batman, but Joker was bloodlusted and determined to kill Batman, he would and could. However, if Batman truly wanted to take care of Joker once and for all, he would and definitely could as well.

Both could probably take care of each other if it ever came down to it.

#11 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist
Never understood why he shouldn't break that one rule on Joker. Even if Joker would "mentally win", I never understood how Bat-Man didn't see the benefits and all the lives he'd be saving.

That's for a whole other topic though! Nice scans!

#13 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically, anyone can kill Batman. You just need a lucky shot.

#14 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Why wait for another topic? The title seems appropriate :P

The Joker wouldn't merely "mentally win." Making Batman break his own strict philosophy would be the Joker's GREATEST TRIUMPH... okay maybe not as great as the time he jokerized half the world villains, or the time he assumed Mr. Mxyzptlk's reality-warping powers and took over the universe.. but it would be a great victory overall. This would turn the Batman we know into something entirely different, and dilute his sense of morals and justice. Basically by killing the Joker, he would also be killing himself. It's quite complicated.

#15 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist
I kindly disagree. I don't think it would turn Batman into anything different. If this was a strict Batman, I'm sure the law would accidently miss it. In all reality, it's quite surprising each time Batman turns him in, he isn't put to a death sentence. I think Batman would deep down know on the inside, while this does break his one rule, it would also save the lives of millions. It would bring justice to the lives Joker got rid of. I still think he could then continue to keep his one rule, making Joker that ONE exception.

#16 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Let's just say that Batman, in a sense, is as insane as the Joker is ;)

#17 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist No denying that.

I feel Batman should sit down with Vaas. "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?". "LETTING THE SAME DAMN CLOWN LIVE, HOW MANY TIMES, AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS WHEN YOU TURN HIM IN, IS INSANITY." I can imagine the convo. Along with Batman punching Vaas right in the face, realizing he's right.

#18 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Ha! I can definitely imagine that! Would be a hilarious scene :p

#19 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8488 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he can. And he's had plenty of opportunities to kill him. The same way Batman has had plenty of opportunities to kill Joker.

But that's the thing: Joker will never kill him. Because then he'd have no purpose, his only goal in life is to be killed by Batman, And in doing that Bruce would break his most sacred rule, and Joker will have won.

#20 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist What's funny is, Vaas is always put up against The Joker. I personally thought Vaas was genius.

#21 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker can only kill side characters

#23 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist said:

@sideburnguru: What's funny about it?

You couldn't imagine the humor of those two going at it? Or just even sitting down, and thinking what they'd say to each other.

#24 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Ohhh haha yes, if you put it that way. I was confused when you mentioned that Vaas was a genius.

#25 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: Batman should just run him over with a car and leave him paralyzed in a hospital.

#26 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: You sick, sick person. His face is already paralyzed.. now you want his entire body too?

#27 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: ..and no more pushing her off the desk :( poor Joker

#29 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

He can, but won't. That wouldn't be much fun, would it?