Can Jedi fly?

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Inphase

Not levitate, I mean fly, like Superman (not as fast)

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Nope. Levitation and leaping high is the limits of their ability.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

how can they not use their powers on themselves to fly?

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Havenless

@danhimself said:

In the original post, he said not levitate, but fly unassisted like Superman.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

@danhimself said:

I don't think any Jedi or force user has that kind of power and control. Luke has walked across a volcano using TK and it was difficult.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

@PrinceIMC said:

@danhimself said:

I don't think any Jedi or force user has that kind of power and control. Luke has walked across a volcano using TK and it was difficult.

so the Force is no where near as precise as telekinesis?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

@danhimself: It can be precise but I don't think it can be as prolonged.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

@PrinceIMC: I see

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

@PrinceIMC: found this on Wookieepedia....I have no idea how true any of it is

Force Flight was a Force power that enabled the user to telekinectically move themselves toward a specific destination, taking levitation (see above) to an extreme degree. To use this Force power took a great deal of concentration.

The Dark JediMaw was skilled in this power. After having his lower body severed by the JediQu Rahn, Maw initially relied on a repulsorlift for transport, but he soon learned to wield Force Flight so well that it became second nature. Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious may have also possessed this power, being able to hover above the ground in standard gravity. The Dark Jedi Yun may have possessed this ability as well, to some degree. His master, Jerec, also possessed this power, demonstrating it in the Valley of the Jedi. Luke Skywalker could use this power, as he demonstrated on several occasions. His wife had also learned this skill by 40 ABY. The ancient Sith Lord Darth Thanaton was also able to use the Force to levitate, yet with better control to such a degree that he could indeed fly. Ganner Rhysode once mentioned to Corran Horn that he could levitate them both for almost a kilometer—but that it would be highly energy-consuming. It is possible that Force Flight had some relation to Floating Meditation, a meditation technique where the user floated several inches off the ground during meditation.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

@danhimself: Well there you go. I've just never read anything where any force user was that powerful. But then again they started making weapons completely different from lightsabres too like lightwhips and lightclubs. Ugh. That's where the expanded universe lost me.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

@PrinceIMC: I'd like to get into the EU but there's just to much stuff...tons of books and comic books that are spread out over thousands of years of continuity and so far I've never been able to find a site that really puts things in order .... that's why I've been enjoying the new Star Wars book from Dark Horse...I know the characters and the only knowledge you need is the movies

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC

@danhimself said:

@PrinceIMC: I'd like to get into the EU but there's just to much stuff...tons of books and comic books that are spread out over thousands of years of continuity and so far I've never been able to find a site that really puts things in order .... that's why I've been enjoying the new Star Wars book from Dark Horse...I know the characters and the only knowledge you need is the movies

My favorite EU books are the X-Wing books partially because they start only 2 1/2 years after Return of the Jedi and the characters from the movie are kinda peripheral. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Lando all make appearances but they aren't the main characters. I've never read an EU book where I felt they got the characters from the movie just right. It's more about the other people that were present at the Battle of Yavin and the attack on the second Death Star. Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, Admiral Ackbar, and has my favorite EU character Corran Horn a jedi with no telekinetic ability whatsoever.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself

@PrinceIMC said:

@danhimself said:

My favorite EU books are the X-Wing books partially because they start only 2 1/2 years after Return of the Jedi and the characters from the movie are kinda peripheral. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Lando all make appearances but they aren't the main characters. I've never read an EU book where I felt they got the characters from the movie just right. It's more about the other people that were present at the Battle of Yavin and the attack on the second Death Star. Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, Admiral Ackbar, and has my favorite EU character Corran Horn a jedi with no telekinetic ability whatsoever.

I enjoyed some of the other Dark Horse books...I can't remember what they were but one was in the future and had...I don't know if it was Luke's kid or his grandson or further down the line or what but it was ok for a while...the other was I think Old Republic but I can't really remember what it was about

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@danhimself said:

I thought I'd just share this site, it's quite good for showing where to start and I believe it lists all of the novels currently released.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danhimself

@guttridgeb said:

@danhimself said:

I thought I'd just share this site, it's quite good for showing where to start and I believe it lists all of the novels currently released.

thanks!

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By JamesKM716

Yeah, certain Jedi can fly, but it's fairly rare.