• 61 results
InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InnerAssassin

In the movie Watchmen Dr. M killed Rorschach with just a simple flick of the hand.

Can he do the same to Hulk or is he to strong?

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Charlie_Jade

I don't know, Manhattan never fought anyone as durable as Hulk, in fact he fought nobody with superpowers at all....that said he can BFR Hulk to planet Mars for a ringout. We usually don't put Dr M in vine battles cos he only has one movie and one book so it becomes difficult to judge his real feats. People might have also claimed Greenlantern a 'God' if he appeared in watchmen because nobody else had powers in their universe

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jobbernos

anyone can kill hulk.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Yes he can.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

It might take two flicks if he's off his game.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer

Should note, Dr.M only did that cause Rorschach told him to and everyone is Rorschach's B!

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#7  Edited By knighthood

@Dernman said:

It might take two flicks if he's off his game.

LOL. I agree Hulk wouldn't stand a chance. Neither would Superman.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Timandm

Dr. M can rearrange molecules... He should be able to do that anything made of molecules.... Unless that lifeform can also control molecules... The Hulk can't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 911

@jobbernos said:

anyone can kill hulk.

lol I hate hulk too.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Eventually. It's more so that Hulk can't hurt Manhattan, and so the good doctor has all the time he needs to kill him.

Rick475069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rick475069

@InnerAssassin: Why was Rorschach killed?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Rick475069 said:

@InnerAssassin: Why was Rorschach killed?

You should really read the Graphic Novel.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deaditegonzo

Actually, think Hulk may be one of the worst possible match ups for Dr. M, because his power is completely based on Radiation.

Not only could Manhattan beat him in all the usual ways, but I see no reason he couldnt draw off the Hulks Gamma Radiation, and then just "unmake" poor ole Bruce.

Rick475069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rick475069

@JediXMan: I knew that was coming.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Hulk is SO overrated...

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By sinestro_GL

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

This can't be a serious question. Dr. Manhattan is basically a GOD. Did you see that mechanism he built on the freakin moon? If Dr. Manhattan wanted to, he probably could seperate every molecule from Hulk's body and kill him in more ways that I could imagine.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Xanni15

@sinestro_GL said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

This can't be a serious question. Dr. Manhattan is basically a GOD. Did you see that mechanism he built on the freakin moon? If Dr. Manhattan wanted to, he probably could seperate every molecule from Hulk's body and kill him in more ways that I could imagine.

Not true in the slightest. He talks a good game, make no mistake, but he hasn't shown to be on the level he says he is,

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dondave

He could kill the Hulk

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Imagine_Man15

He could absolutely kill Hulk. I doubt he'd break a sweat.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skunkstein

properly, but i dont know, problem is... Manhattan lives in a world where he is the ONLY one with superpowers, we have no idea how he would do against an opponent who have powers himself.

Avatar image for thegoshdarnbatcow
TheGoshDarnBatcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We cant know for sure. For all we know Hulk might be able to regenerate from the puddle of goo left behind when Manhattan makes people explode. Also, we don't know how durable Dr M's body is or if it would overly tax his psyche to repeatedly reassemble himself. Since these things arent clearly defined it would just depend on how the writer wanted the story to play out.

InnerAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InnerAssassin

Thanks the reason i asked to see the response i always see people say he is overrated so i put Dr. M against another well known overrated character the Hulk. While i think Dr. M is pretty strong i wanted to see responses

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By sinestro_GL

@Xanni15 said:

@sinestro_GL said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Not true in the slightest. He talks a good game, make no mistake, but he hasn't shown to be on the level he says he is,

Did you misread what I said? I think so.

TheDude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheDude123

Yes. He could just blend Hulk's brain inside his head and blast it out of his nose.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Waits for Hulk fan to pop out and make a argument....

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26  Edited By Xanni15

@sinestro_GL said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sinestro_GL said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Did you misread what I said? I think so.

It's okay you don't have to actually reply to me. :]

tea8765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By tea8765

I agree with just about everyone else here, Dr Manhattan could scatter every atom of the Hulk. What do you think the limits of the blue guys powers are though? Could her destroy a entire planet? what about a star?

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DocFatalis

He manipulates matter at the atomic level, so he could kill disintegrate the hulk with a mere thought or teleport him to the middle of the sun, or kill him literally any way he fancies.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is a walking Nexus. If Onslaught was unable to physically alter his molecules, how can Manhattan?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Onemoreposter

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Onslaught, while a powerful being and reality manipulator, was never "top tier" in the reality manip department. I mean whose molecular structure did he alter?

kadeemtheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

on a side note Dr M couldn't kill cable :/

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Yes.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, the whole point of Dr. Manhattan was to establish a character that could virtually do anything & defeat anyone. Then his intellect makes him so damn arrogant that he doesn't even bother to save Earth since he distances himself so far from humanity with the endless philosophical circles he wanders around in.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A friend asked me recently if Superman could kill Dr M and I basically responded the same way I will here - Dr M stomps. People seem to forget that he also experiences his entire timeline at once- meaning he is aware of his future, so Hulk couldn't even surprise Dr M with an attack - let alone land an actual punch. Also Onslaught is not on the level of Dr M for the person who brought that up. Anyone against Dr M is stomped unless they're not made out of atoms.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Hulk recently tanked several blasts from a cannon designed to rewrite molecular structure like it was nothing. Dr.M is a big fish in a small pond as the only one with powers on his Earth. With all the talk of Hulk being overrated wtf is Dr. M then?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Hulk recently tanked several blasts from a cannon designed to rewrite molecular structure like it was nothing. Dr.M is a big fish in a small pond as the only one with powers on his Earth. With all the talk of Hulk being overrated wtf is Dr. M then?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pretty sure the naked blue man is a stand-in for God, so he could pretty much wipe away anybody.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ZombieMowlcher
fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: Except Apocalypse.

True, I suppose since Dr. M was able to reconstruct himself after having his power turned against him, anyone else capable of self reconstitution should be able to as well (e.g., Apocalypse, Sentry).

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLFEETZ

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Of course.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLFEETZ

What's so funny?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@rustyroy: I was trollin'. Usually whenever Manhattan ends up in a thread 20 people pop out of the bushes to go 'HE AIN'T DON'T HAVE NO FEATS SO HE LOSES AUTOMATICALLY"

Abhi471990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Abhi471990

to know hulks true potential wait till November 16 :)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bezza

#

@wishiwassuperman said:

A friend asked me recently if Superman could kill Dr M and I basically responded the same way I will here - Dr M stomps. People seem to forget that he also experiences his entire timeline at once- meaning he is aware of his future, so Hulk couldn't even surprise Dr M with an attack - let alone land an actual punch. Also Onslaught is not on the level of Dr M for the person who brought that up. Anyone against Dr M is stomped unless they're not made out of atoms.

Interesting, but how does Dr M kill people like Hulk and Superman. I mean basically he has an ability to make molecules fly apart, something given in a laboratory accident. To do this he presumably has something that affects protons, neutrons, strong and weak force etc, which normally requires extreme heat, electromagnetism, nuclear force etc. Well seeing as Hulk and Superman can survive nuclear explosions which normally wipe people out completely by scattering all their atoms, could they not survive one of Dr Ms energy blasts? Just sayin'

I'm not particular eloquent with physics but I'm sure some bright guys on here can elaborate on what I'm trying to say!

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Dr Manhattan's powers seem to be a mastery of physics on the tiniest level possible. He can apparently just change the state of matter (solids to gasses, gasses to liquids, add/subtract protons/neutrons/electrons to change any element/compound into something completely different) with little to no effort. No amount of "invulnerability" can really protect you from someone turning your bones into liquid nitrogen or something, and even if you were to somehow survive one of these attacks, Dr. Manhattan seems to not be tied to time and space the same way we are. Ie he can wait you out until literally the end of time and destroying his body is not an issue for him at all, he can just rebuild himself.

Short answer: Hulk stands no chance at all.

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scans clips or it never happened ! (I love saying that) lol

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

#

@wishiwassuperman said:

Interesting, but how does Dr M kill people like Hulk and Superman. I mean basically he has an ability to make molecules fly apart, something given in a laboratory accident. To do this he presumably has something that affects protons, neutrons, strong and weak force etc, which normally requires extreme heat, electromagnetism, nuclear force etc. Well seeing as Hulk and Superman can survive nuclear explosions which normally wipe people out completely by scattering all their atoms, could they not survive one of Dr Ms energy blasts? Just sayin'

I'm not particular eloquent with physics but I'm sure some bright guys on here can elaborate on what I'm trying to say!

He has many different abilities - including removal of a persons intrinsic field - something that is a made up concept for the purpose of comic books basically - but has scientific backing. Something real called the Standard Model (which based on your post it sounds like you might be familiar with) is what the intrinsic field is supposed to represent - in more modern terms they probably would have referred to it using the Higgs field or something similar given how we understand its relation to electromagnetism and weak forces and how "intrinsic" it is to the standard model.

So it's not just about separating molecules or making them "fly apart" but in actual fact one of his abilities is to simply remove how someone or something is able to even interact with the physical laws of nature and the fundamental forces (Electromagnetism, Weak Force, and Strong Force - apparently this doesn't connect to the last which is gravity). Since it's a field, scientifically speaking with enough energy you could counteract and remove or disable this field by having an opposing/out of synch wavelength. So the way I look at it is, that is one of his abilities - however he doesn't need the massive amounts of energy we would need to create such a thing (like a particle accelerator is capable of for example) - similar to how it's just one of Superman's abilities that he can shoot lasers out of his eyes or fly at FTL speeds - this is one of Dr M's abilities.

So yes, one of your assertions is kind of how one of his powers works - he is able to affect the strong and weak forces and electromagnetism (this last one is actually one of the fundamental forces, however you've put it as something we use akin to a nuclear reaction which I don't think is an entirely accurate way to look at it). For example electromagnetic fields exist - without us doing anything they just exist and allow things to interact and impact on how things interact. Extreme heat is a byproduct of another reaction, such as a nuclear blast, and a nuclear blast doesn't "scatter all their atoms", the extreme heat just vaporizes matter (all matter). The matter and tissue that makes us up is unable to withstand the heat so it literally burns up, that's all. A nuclear weapon itself is created by a chain reaction using nuclear fission to literally split an atom - essentially hitting an unstable atom with a free neutron causing it to split and send out more neutrons to hit more atoms etc.... the energy release is massive which causes vast amounts of heat, gives off radiation, creates immense pressure waves and even emits an electromagnetic pulse (EMP), but no heat or any other catalyst like that is required to trigger it - in fact it's simply utilising the properties and characteristics of Uranium (and/or Plutonium), Polonium and Beryllium, with some very clever engineering designs. I'll also point out that EMP's are something we can generate and emit, but are essentially a naturally occurring phenomena, we've basically just figured out (similar to nuclear fission) how to make it work for our advantage and control it (kind of).

Additionally, as kind of described by @hecktate he can also manipulate and change the basic molecular and atomic structure of elements. So theoretically he seems to possess transmutation abilities allowing him to physically convert the nuclei from a particular element into something else. Convert carbon into tungsten for example. At a larger less elemental level for you we would expect he could convert a human body (or that of Hulk or Superman) into entirely different matter. We know he is capable of this type of ability due to the Comedian ranting on him about how he could have changed bullets to mercury (which would make it a liquid and thus non harmful) or into flowers or something - I can't remember the exact speech but he basically insinuates that Dr M has shown the ability to convert matter into entirely different matter. He has also been able to create water (either by combining/binding oxygen and hydrogen atoms, or by converting one into the other and binding them) and was able to produce an environmental field around whats-her-name on Mars showing the ability to create oxygen where there was none before.

So basically 3 options he has (among many others I'm sure) are:

1. Remove their intrinsic field so that their atoms are unable to continue to interact with the fundamental forces thus making their neutrons, electrons and protons to stop interacting, making them essentially scatter into nothingness and ceasing them from existence

2. Alter their essential molecular and atomic structure removing their inherent powers (in Hulks case it would remove all effects of the gamma radiation, reverting him permanently to Bruce Banner, and in Superman's case he could remove the way in which his Kryptonian make-up allows him to have powers from our Sun). As normal humans they would be easily killed

3. Convert the entire atomic and molecular structure to another elemental or composite form such as turning them into paper or even air. In Superman's case he could also choose to convert the entire surrounding area into Kryptonite.

As I said, the only beings Dr M couldn't stomp are ones not made up of physical matter, thus not bound by the physical laws of nature and the fundamental forces. There are very few of these in comic books to my knowledge.