#1 Posted by Lasiurus (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't want to post a fight between the two, because I wasn't sure if it had been done. My computer is being slow today, and everytime I tried the search bar, the computer would time out on me. The idea is fresh in my head, and I didn't want to lose it, while waiting for my service to speed back up. 

Anyways the question is just what it says. 

Hypothetically speaking could Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes) defeat Black Adam? 

Also if this was a battle thread and neither had morals who would you pick as the winner?

#2 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Technology doesnt do well with magic

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I did a search and in fact this thread has not been done before. 
I'm not quite sure he could. I just recently got into his character but to be honest I have not seen him do things that could put him on a level yet that could take on Black Adam. 
I have heard however people mention an instance in which his armor gave him information to take on the Spectre but I can't speak to that since I didn't see it and also it didn't actually occur so we can't assume that it would have actually been effective. 

Perhaps with time he will be able to learn from his armor to take on Black Adam but so far in the New 52 I don't see him taking him on. 
(This is pre New 52 Black Adam...not quite sure what they will make him capable of in the future)

#4 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

He could beat Black Adam if (and I mean IF) Black Adam got careless and Shazamed himself back into a human. If they had a no moral fight, Black Adam would tear the blue right off of him.

#5 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know who'd win but I geuss it would be Black Adam who would win.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33060 posts) - - Show Bio
@AweSam said:

He could beat Black Adam if (and I mean IF) Black Adam got careless and Shazamed himself back into a human. If they had a no moral fight, Black Adam would tear the blue right off of him.

If it was no morals then Blue would just nuke the planet 
#7 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I really don't see Adam losing no matter what Blue Beetle does.

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

In the new 52 the suit detects magic and calls it "unrational energy source" so I guess he can't really do much against magic. Jaime only got out of it by throwing a guard at the spellcaster, distracting her long enough for him to run

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33060 posts) - - Show Bio
@AweSam said:

@spiderbat87: I really don't see Adam losing no matter what Blue Beetle does.

I'm not saying who would win or who would lose I'm just saying thats what Beetle would do if the morals are off 
#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, no.

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Jamie school Lanterns and and other powerful characters?
So there might be a possibility.
BB

#12 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14595 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

magic is the technology of the mystical realm.

#13 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@AweSam said:

Superman can take on a nuke like afternoon tea, and Black Adam is on Cpt Marvel and Superman's level, meaning a nuke would not take him out.

#14 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Jorgevy said:

that's like saying chemistry is the technology of nature

#15 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14595 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Jorgevy said:

that's like saying chemistry is the technology of nature

still I think Adam kills.

#16 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: yeah he does. I dont see Jaime having anything that could hurt him

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33060 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnightRise said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@AweSam said:

Superman can take on a nuke like afternoon tea, and Black Adam is on Cpt Marvel and Superman's level, meaning a nuke would not take him out.

again read my other post
#18 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: ah i see, can Jaime and the scarab survive in radiation, toxins, or space? Otherwise he pretty much seals his own doom with planetary nukes and loses

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33060 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnightRise said:

@spiderbat87: ah i see, can Jaime and the scarab survive in radiation, toxins, or space? Otherwise he pretty much seals his own doom with planetary nukes and loses

yes, quite easily 
#20 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

I really don't know who'd win but I geuss it would be Black Adam who would win.

#21 Edited by Rixec (363 posts) - - Show Bio

If Jaime asked for a little advice from Traci 13 then he could pull it in his favor.

#22 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

unless you look at Tony stark and the Mandarin!

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that Jamie stands a chance against Black Adam.