Can batman use 100% of his brain?

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Or does he just use the same parts every other human does?

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Twentyfive

Hmm...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

The whole thing about people only using 10% of their brain is a myth, everyone uses 100% of their brain at all times if they don't then their brain isn't functioning correctly, like say they've had a lobotomy or other forms of severe brain damage.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The whole thing about people only using 10% of their brain is a myth, everyone uses 100% of their brain at all times if they don't then their brain isn't functioning correctly, like say they've had a lobotomy or other forms of severe brain damage.

this

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_stegman  Moderator

In that case, Batman uses 137.3% of his brain.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By cyberninja

No Caption Provided

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Everyone uses 100% of their brain.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 10% thing was thought up back before we had any functional knowledge of how the brain actually works

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is Batman is already using 100% of his brain and 100% of his sperm.

SliverBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SliverBat

No one really uses 100% either (All at once), the percentages used vary based on many things.. plus each part of the brain that is included in the percentage is not always in it's full potential, it's a lot more complex than that.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KnightRise

QFT

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: you are right during the course of a day or days we all use 100% of our you need brain that's why you need sleep eventually....to sort reset and rest....Batman is be more effective with in his brain than most and is good at what he does . But Batman isn't the smartest human in the DC universe lex luthor probably is...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're just talking about conscious thought then 10% would be closer to accurate tho not that close, the rest of your brain is dedicated to running the functions of your body and collecting information from your senses, its part of the reason that when someone goes blind their hearing improves, basically your brain is still using the same amount of processing power it just has to compensate in other areas.

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree with joshmightbe

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@joshmightbe said:

No Caption Provided

Ya learn something everyday!

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if they only say we already use 100% because they don't want us trying to reach our full potential and being unable to control!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Batman uses 1000% of his brain

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If I can, so can he.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cfrehse

@inphase: its more like 10% of what we are capable of doing with our brains. Like im sure you have heard about people with a disability that can recall anything they have read. We cant do that normally but our brains are capable of it. But naa i dont think bats does. He prob uses like 20% lol idk.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I guess some of us aren't using 100%

jk.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Nerx

They can always whore him out to fans by giving more feats to contend against superman

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@nerx said:

They can always whore him out to fans by giving more feats to contend against superman

lolololo

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Pyrogram

@cfrehse said:

@inphase: its more like 10% of what we are capable of doing with our brains. Like im sure you have heard about people with a disability that can recall anything they have read. We cant do that normally but our brains are capable of it. But naa i dont think bats does. He prob uses like 20% lol idk.

Clearly,

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alak

I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in a battle thread:

On a somewhat related note, as someone who has been working in the healthcare field for the past 4 years, I feel the need to point out that humans using 10% of their brains is a myth. The brain is a compartmentalized organ with each area dictating various bodily functions. Even as we sit in our chairs, reading the text on our computer screens, we are in fact utilizing most (if not all) of the areas of our brain. When looking at an augmented brain, such as Deathstroke's infamous 90% capacity, we just need to take away the fact that his nervous system is able to translate thought into action faster than a normal human can. He can actually perform multiple functions without losing efficiency in either task (i.e.- shooting moving targets while engaged in a sword fight). If an object is placed before him, someone like Deathstroke would be able to identify the object before a human can. So, rather than saying that characters like Deathstroke (or Grant or Rose) use a higher percentage of their brains, we should just say that their minds are altered to perform more efficiently. It's like comparing an i5 processor to an i7 processor. With that being said, it is also up to the user as to how he/she chooses to use this increased efficiency.

No Caption Provided

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@pyrogram: DC is making him serve more writers during his night shift