Can a Civil War trailer get you as hyped as BvS trailer did?

• 131 results
kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can a Civil War trailer get you as hyped as BvS trailer did? (135 votes)

Of Course because of Spider-Man 22%
Captain America & Ironman>Batman and Superman so yeah 16%
Possibly but I doubt it 30%
DC Trinity so no 31%

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

• 
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By never give up

No.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Probably, I mean, I wasn't that hyped by the BVS comic con trailer, tbh.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not. I do like DC & Marvel as well as DCEU and MCU, but I grew up with Batman. Nothing MCU has to offer is gonna get me as hyped as I am for BvS & Suicide Squad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Of course, but not because of Spider-Man.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

possibly, but i doubt it.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

With how the MCU has been lately, it's impossible to get my hyped at all for Civil War. So no.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Doubt it. Marvel's trailers really aren't all that good. Zack's trailers are usually better than anyone else's.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if cap with thors hammer hits ironman in the trailer, then yes

DenzelMoton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DenzelMoton

highly doubt it DCEU has got my full attention

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way cw can reach BvS hype for me is if a bearded King Thor comes down and lays waste to everyone and destroys Cap's shield in the process during the next trailer. I don't think that will happen though.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCCU

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

No

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nah. Quite frankly, due to all of the movies that they've made so far, the wow factor is wearing off on me. Like, I'm still gonna watch it and stuff, but I'm not gonna be overly excessive hyped or whatnot.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. Can't beat batman and superman.

I'm not that excited for civil war. Thor is my favorite avenger and he's not in it, and its just going to be a jumbled mess. You just can't effectively introduce, develop, and incorporate Black Panther and Spiderman into the plot without it being messy. They also have to find spots for Tony, Wanda, Natasha, Clint, Falcon, General Ross and probably even more. Plus there's Crossbones. Way too much for a movie leee than 3 hours. Its like the avengers on steroids.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably since I didn't get that hyped by the BvS trailer. It was better than the first trailer, but still it did little to aliviate my concerns for the movie. It certainly did not excite me. The bar has been set pretty low for Civil War. After Age of Ultron, I have my doubts about that one, too though.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By strangetales

Doubtful. I've watch the bvs trailer more time than I can count now and the first viewing almost made me cry(tears of pure bliss)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

Of course, because of Spider-Man.

Fixed :)

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Hopefully.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

At this moment, doubtful. Some people are not happy with the casting choice for Spidey, and Batman v Superman had way more hyped behind it. Only saving grace is seeing Black Panther in action within the trailer.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: your relying on MCU to make a better villain than a Lex Luthor who will make Superman bow down to him? Hope Zemo doesn't let you down.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I mean we all know its going to be good, given Disney/marvels track record. I mean when your worst film is considered Iron-man 3 your in pretty good standing. But DC has been struggling to make good movies for years. Its kind of like your a parent and have one kid whose historically an overachiever and you have another kid whose historically an underachiever. Fast forward they both get into great colleges. Of course your going to be proud of both. But you cant help but be more prouder of the underachiever. Assuming of course the movie is good, and thats the hope.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing can beat seeing the Trinity together on the big screen.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: difference is the fact that the take on Jesse's Lex has never been done. The MCU has already done the generic nazi thing with Red Skull. Oh yeah and Von Strucker, how lame was he? Lex will be better.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean we all know its going to be good, given Disney/marvels track record. I mean when your worst film is considered Iron-man 3 your in pretty good standing. But DC has been struggling to make good movies for years. Its kind of like your a parent and have one kid whose historically an overachiever and you have another kid whose historically an underachiever. Fast forward they both get into great colleges. Of course your going to be proud of both. But you cant help but be more prouder of the underachiever. Assuming of course the movie is good, and thats the hope.

I am not even a dc guy but feel like you are really stretching it with that statement. In the last 10 years, they made 3 Batman movies, all of which were highly successful and considered top notch cbms. Two Superman movies, one which is considered bad and the other pretty good. One bad GL movie. Overall, that's a pretty good track record. BvS also looks like it will be both a good cbm and a box office smash. dc is doing fine right now.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_stegman  Moderator

Highly doubtful.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this moment, doubtful. Some people are not happy with the casting choice for Spidey, and Batman v Superman had way more hyped behind it. Only saving grace is seeing Black Panther in action within the trailer.

Is that just in your opinion, or do you think seeing Black Panther would get everybody as hyped?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Very unlikely

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not, I've been burnt out on Marvel movie for about 2 years now.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cloakx14 said:

possibly, but i doubt it.

This is the first time I have ever seen Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman in the same movie together. After the first Avengers my hype for Marvel gradually went down as I knew what to expect.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By isaac_clarke

It's not hard to get people that pumped, hell I'd say McAvoy's shaved head in XM-A trailer had me just as pumped and I'm not even a big fan of X-Men.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt it.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

marvel lost me with the age of ultron.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: you lack vision. Just because it's not identical, it doesn't mean it's not Lex. Not every villan needs to be threatning, clearly this Lex will be all about itteligence and how he uses he's power to manipulate things behind the scenes.

Was Justin Hammer intimidating? Nope, because there was another villain to do the intimidating. You keep bringing up the wig as well, Lex Luthor wasn't born bald I hope you know that there has been stories where he had hair and lost it.

Like I sai before the whole nazi Supervillain thing is played out. We know that Zemo will have a bunch of guards who all fear him, we know that he'll probably kill someone for a small reason to show he's evil, we know that he will end up being a joke in the end like Ronan and Loki. Blah blah blah the usual.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By jumpstart55

@spambot: DC hasnt really made anything but Batman and Superman movies in the last ten years besides Green Lantern which speaks for itself. Where as marvel just keeps getting bigger and more diverse.Plus you really cannot compare 3 successful Batman films and two moderately Successful Superman films with the mega success that the MCU has experienced. Theres almost no comparison. Try Comparing the total box office gross of all the MCU films with the 3 Batman films and the 2 Superman films. Theres a reason why Warner Bros even decided to make a Batman vs Superman flick. It was to direcitly compete with Disneys MCU in the first place which is why their trying so hard to world build as quickly as possible. Their trying to acomplish what marvel did in 4 years with five movies with just one movie over the course of year. Which isnt a bad thing, but it goes to show you how desperate DC is at this point.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I'll be more hyped for Civil War than Batman V Superman is if the trailer if chock-full of Spider-Man, and Spider-Man is Dylan O'Brien. Since I know neither of those things will happen, I have to go with "No".

I know it might sound ignorant to not want to see a movie because of the casting, but I honestly wanted a young adult Spider-Man on the big screen instead of a high school Spidey.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not. I do like DC & Marvel as well as DCEU and MCU, but I grew up with Batman. Nothing MCU has to offer is gonna get me as hyped as I am for BvS & Suicide Squad.

This. I grew up with DC and Justice League,Batman Animated Series. I love the MCU and all,but I doubt any Marvel film will get me as hyped as I am for BvS

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Lmfao. Lex looks like a pedo. Hardly anything to brag about. Besides Batman no one in BvS is anywhere near Spider-man in popularity so let's not act like he won't be a major draw to the MCU as a whole.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: DC hasnt really made anything but Batman and Superman movies in the last ten years besides Green Lantern which speaks for itself. Where as marvel just keeps getting bigger and more diverse.Plus you really cannot compare 3 successful Batman films and two moderately Successful Superman films with the mega success that the MCU has experienced. Theres almost no comparison. Try Comparing the total box office gross of all the MCU films with the 3 Batman films and the 2 Superman films. Theres a reason why Warner Bros even decided to make a Batman vs Superman flick. It was to direcitly compete with Disneys MCU in the first place which is why their trying so hard to world build as quickly as possible. Their trying to acomplish what marvel did in 4 years with five movies with just one movie over the course of year. Which isnt a bad thing, but it goes to show you how desperate DC is at this point.

I think you are jumping to wild and irrational conclusions above. I am even a Marvel guy comic wise but to date mcu has had 3 movies which grossed over $1B while WB/dc has had 2 and with BvS likely being a third. dc isn't desperate so much as they are just taking longer to get their ball rolling. They are still set up for great success in the next few years while Marvel is also set up to do well. I think people make way too much out of nothing when it comes to dc/mcu. People act like Marvel doing well is somehow detrimental to dc when that is not the case. All they are both doing is bringing more people to the cbm genre.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123 said:

Is that just in your opinion, or do you think seeing Black Panther would get everybody as hyped?

Well mostly opinionated. I don't know if many people outside the comic fandom even know who Black Panther is. But he did have his own cartoon and was a member of Avengers EMH, it put him out there even more. So maybe.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Asa Butterfield Spider-Man is probably going to make me puke